[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

utdfan22 said:
Epic Strength 3 & Flick should be fun to play with.
You can't have Epic 3 until your Legend goes up. That's why I am holding on to 8 XP for after Session 2 and our Legend improves.

I'm unsure what to get. It really depends on whether we're walking into combat or not, but it doesn't really seem that way, so I'll probably go for something peaceful. Maybe Epic Charisma 2. On the other hand, Epic Dex 2 and Untouchable Opponent is so very nice.

I'm pretty lucky that combat-wise it looks like I'm set...or things are WAAAAY too expensive right now. Also, I already knew what I wanted to grab, plus there was a bonus I could not resist but to grab.

@UTD : Remember homes, Epic / Boon Limit = Legend - 1

Cheers man, I remembered it for Boons but forgot that it applied to Epic Attributes as well. It's kind of embarrassing.

After a considerable amount of time spent pondering and plotting, making some minor calculations and I have reached the mature decision of saving my xp until I can get Epic Appearance 1.

Note to self: Always favor Magic, and always take 1 dot in each Epic Attribute.

I have no idea what I'm going to use this 5 XP on...guess this is what happens when you're the Scion of the greatest everyman ever...

I bought my second PSP boon, and Afraid of the Dark (Darkness 2) It's always nice to take opponent's Willpower, as well as have a way to know their Pantheon and Virtues (And if I know those, i get a bonus to Empathy and Politics rolls against them). Pretty nice overall for a total of 8 XP....

But will need to save for Epic Dexterity 1, and some buy some dots of Brawl... and Empathy... and Politics...

@FollowerOfDarkPaths welcome to the game :)

If you will permit me to give you some mechanical advice; get more Dexterity, and in particular Epic Dexterity. It is hard to overstate how important this stat is in combat.

FollowerOfDarkPaths said:
O.o Thank you for the recommendation but may I ask why?
You use it to actually hit things. And also to make sure they don't hit you.

Your dicepool on attacks is 2 from Dex, 3 from Melee and 1 from the spear. That's a total of 6 dice. Karima (my character) has a Defense Value of 6, meaning that you'd only hit her if you rolled 5 succeses and a 10, or better. And she is not optimized for combat.

With stats like yours, you're not going to hit anything that matters.

Also, you ave one more Purview and one more Epic Attribute to choose as Favored, even if not Favored by your divine parent.

And in White-wolf, Dex is the best Attribute for combat. Many wish it wasn't, but it is. to be frank, your character is not much better than mine in combat, and my character was never meant to be a combat monster, but a social powerhouse, as evidenced by his Epics.

Esbilon said:
You use it to actually hit things. And also to make sure they don't hit you.
Your dicepool on attacks is 2 from Dex, 3 from Melee and 1 from the spear. That's a total of 6 dice. Karima (my character) has a Defense Value of 6, meaning that you'd only hit her if you rolled 5 succeses and a 10, or better. And she is not optimized for combat.

With stats like yours, you're not going to hit anything that matters.
Upon careful consideration, I have done some adjustments. Hopefully this will be far better and I, in fact, believe that new knack I got in the process is more fitting of the character. :]

FollowerOfDarkPaths said:
Upon careful consideration, I have done some adjustments. Hopefully this will be far better and I, in fact, believe that new knack I got in the process is more fitting of the character. :]
Much better :) If I were you, I'd still use a few bonus points to bump Melee to 5, and as a SWAT Officer, you should probably have a few dots of Marksmanship.

Oh, and your Virtues all start at 1, rather than zero.

So, now we have ex-Navy (Kenji and Kyle), ex-Army (Kendra and Raven), ex-Marine (Karima) and ex-SWAT (Grady). Just need the Airforce, and we have the entire military in one place ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shipping

Esbilon said:
Much better :) If I were you, I'd still use a few bonus points to bump Melee to 5, and as a SWAT Officer, you should probably have a few dots of Marksmanship.
Oh, and your Virtues all start at 1, rather than zero.

So, now we have ex-Navy (Kenji and Kyle), ex-Army (Kendra and Raven), ex-Marine (Karima) and ex-SWAT (Grady). Just need the Airforce, and we have the entire military in one place ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shipping
I thought Raven was airforce? Also, I know what shipping is. I was referring more to the shipping wars. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back