[Legends Begin Somewhere] Hey look, a wild OOC thread appeared!

Oh, I completely forgot to reply to Seph's comment about Pantheons. Yeah, I'll totally join if all other current members are K with it.

And eh, vinom? If my constant questions are annoying to you, don't mind 'em. :P I'm just being curious, and the last thing I'd wanna' do is to spark hostility.

Adding gods to the pantheon requires a good story link. Adding a god of darkness that is brother to Sister Sun makes sense.

@vinom what do we need to do for our next phase in developing this?

So far we have the Reguli as one pantheon, and three gods who are not currently assigned.

The Reguli have the sun goddess, the destruction god (her chosen mate), and Mehal Migdal as their child, god of accomplishment and the new leader of the pantheon. Then you have their sometimes enemy sometimes companion Narlon Tarlens. (I kinda see him as the Loki or Set for the group.)

The three gods not in the pantheon are Ig, god of Fire, Eynkarve, god of Earth and Stone, and Yama, god of Death.

Unless Alienzooman are still interested, we should be good to start this weekend... I'm writing up descriptions of the tribes you will be given and the region they live in.

We get 100 people per god in the pantheon. That can either be a full tribe combined, or you can assume that 100 worship each. I would prefer that the 400 people be worshipping the full pantheon rather than individuals.

Individual gods get their own tribe of 100 people.

solyrflair said:
We get 100 people per god in the pantheon. That can either be a full tribe combined, or you can assume that 100 worship each. I would prefer that the 400 people be worshipping the full pantheon rather than individuals.
Individual gods get their own tribe of 100 people.
With our elite followers directly worshiping us over the others. Otherwise it gets a bit weird

Sounds Good. Everyone but our specific Elites, worships us as a Pantheon- the Elites, are sort of our Dedicated Priests, yes?

Yes, elite followers worship their god above all others. They would count as specific orders under our faith.

You will each get a set of 100 worshipers. While each mortal does worship the pantheon as a whole, they also are 'closest' to one god in that pantheon in particular. While this normally doesn't make much of a difference as they're one large tribal unit, it's important for such things are miracle casting and awareness over your territory.

Right... makes sense. Seems we are liable to, with me and you both in it, be a bit of a warlike Pantheon- also. How are my Commandments? Anything I need to change on my sheet?

It's fine... it's a bit more philosophical then most, and a bit lets 'orders' but it works.

solyrflair said:
The three gods not in the pantheon are Ig, god of Fire, Eynkarve, god of Earth and Stone, and Yama, god of Death.
Actually, if these three wanted, this looks like a very interesting pantheon.

Well, we were supposed to be ready to start last weekend. I hope we can start this weekend. Things will get busier for me once we reach December and I was hoping to have a feel for things by then.

This will be starting soon, aye? We have a Pantheon, Solyr has his towel, and I've decided that I want to make the months of our tribes Calenders 42 days long!

Not sure @vinom is still interested?

And I wanted to have only 8 months to a year so 42x8=356 days. Hmmmm.... Maybe math will have to be a tertiary domain.

I appologize for my delays, IRL hit me upside the head with a seasonal illness... I should have the opening post of the Pantheon and independent gods ready by tonight.

Exthalion said:
The remaining nine days can be a holy festival. Or we throw around magic to shorten the year.
Magic to shorten the year would be horribly expensive as it would involve teleporting the planet a span around the sun...

vinom said:
Magic to shorten the year would be horribly expensive as it would involve teleporting the planet a span around the sun...
Or teleporting it closer to the sun so that its orbit is shorter.

Exthalion said:
Or teleporting it closer to the sun so that its orbit is shorter.
There is a good chance that would lead to the whole planet diving into the Fires of Creation, or sun as the mortals call it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back