• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ❉ lacuna*: fruits basket

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood ready to talk

location murasaki's room

outfit here

tag Lost Echo Lost Echo & Steve Jobs Steve Jobs

Nakano Murasaki

/* ------ right side ------ */

The past few days hung heavy within the compound. And, Saki didn't think of it at first, but Arashi's gut-wrenching fear was the first indicator that she was truly alone now. Or, she would be, if she let herself.

It didn't come as a surprise to see Konishi. Murasaki knew the stresses the younger woman faced, and now Saki realizes that the fear of her leaving may be effecting more than just Arashi.

Her assumption was confirmed by the sound of her old friend knocking on her door. "So, now that you're human again are you planning on giving me back those gloves?"

Murasaki took in the state of Rui Xi. The person she was closest to. The sister she left to deal with the dirty work. Despite the flash of guilt that hit her chest, Saki scoffed with a small smile, "I don't know, I think I'm growing rather attached." Humor kept her voice casual as she backed up, letting the Dragon join Konishi. Saki didn't like that things felt different now. Were they only as close as they were because of a curse? The thought made her heart drop, but she chose to ignore the feeling for now.

"You want some tea? I was just making some for us." Saki knew that both she and the sheep must've had questions. And, if she were being honest, she was dreading the moment they were brave enough to ask.

Regardless, she didn't bother to wait for her friend to respond, and simply began adding more water to boil. It didn't take long, and soon she was bringing cups and pouring out tea for the girls. "So, I know you're here to ask. And I'm not going anywhere, so, ask away." Her voice was resolute, a calm demand to be forthright. "Though, I don't really know what the answers are. I'm as lost as you are."

It was a stark contrast to her methods in the past. To gently coax the truth out. Wait until the others were ready to speak, even if she so badly wanted to know what her beloved zodiacs were thinking. What was ailing them. However, she was tired of dancing around the topic of conversation. It's for this reason that she simply sat on the floor, at her tea table, looking over to Konishi, who sat across from her at the tea table. "But I want to help. However I can."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

scroll
THE CAT

mood: let's do this.

interactions: buckybaernes buckybaernes

When the Snake host with his weathered visage but determined gaze sought him out, Reiji had to pause.

Reiji was not hollow in the way that U-jin seemed to be. No, Reiji was hollow in that he didn’t know how to feel. After all, what was the appropriate reaction to the inevitable demise of someone you loathed? If it was glee or relief, Reiji felt neither. Instead, his chest tightened with knots too threaded to be unspun. With every thought of the god’s predicament, the phantom breath of a wordless ache threatened to whisper in his ear— Thankfully, he didn’t have to try hard to force it down.

News of Saki’s curse breaking shone over his conflicted feelings. The gloom shrank back in the light of it, chased away by something that felt almost hopeful. And hope was a foreign thing, just as much as it was fickle— Slipping through listless fingers with the ease of an eel. Often, it slithered in and out from one clenched fist to another with no disregard for the melancholy left after its escape. To let it creep back in now, felt like reopening an old wound.

Reiji tried not to entertain it. Didn’t want to entertain it. Because there was no use playing with fish when he had zero inkling of how to break a centuries long curse. And that was just what he told himself, barging into the servants’ quarters unannounced. He wasn’t in a helping mood—never was, according to some—but he knew U-jin wouldn’t take no for an answer. Though his suggestion of destroying their belongings rang quite pleasantly in Reiji’s ears. If his steps quickened, none were the wiser.

But when they arrived at Inori’s office, Reiji couldn’t help but falter. It was embarrassing how instinctual it had become for his eyes to dart down, finding the floor as he looked away from the servants’ gazes. Ever since the return to the compound, the servants had been more prickly, dragging him away for the littlest of things. He most certainly was not cowering, but for all the fight that he had, he was not in the mood to invoke their wrath today.

❝ Fuikawa san, is this really okay? ❞ Reiji asked with a frown, though the Snake seemed adamant.

Well, Inori was dead now and if the look on U-jin’s face was any indication, the others would join Inori if they intervened. Hell, Reiji didn’t want to get on his bad side either.

Hesitation still pervaded his steps but he walked inside as the older nudged him. He mumbled under his breath, ❝ The servants trouble me enough as it is, I hope you know what you’re doing. ❞

Reiji took in his surroundings, letting blue sweep across polished furniture and cluttered papers. Everything here reeked of control. He had never once been allowed near the servants’ offices, let alone their private quarters. Yet now, he was the one invading their quarters with his presence. It was... surreal. To stand in their space. The thought curled at the edge of his lips in an almost smile. His wariness dissipated, replaced with a boldness spurned on by the knowledge that time was slipping.

❝ Oh, I’m definitely burning things after. ❞ His voice was dull as he spoke but his eyes gleamed as he stepped deeper into the office— the cat that ate the canary.

❝ Now, what is it that we're looking for exactly? ❞

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back