• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic {KRYSIN: Virtual Reality}

Phoeniana

The Mild Amusement
KRYSIN (1).png

WELCOME, NEW PLAYER, TO KRYSIN.

. . . Checking Data Listings . . .

. . .Gathering Neurotic Feedback . . .

. . . Assimilating New Player Frame . . .

WELCOME, NEW PLAYER, TO THE MAIN MENU.

PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

NAME:
CLASS:

*Choices Include: Mage, Swordsman, Archer, Sorcerer, Paladin, Rogue, Civilian, Thief, Valkyrie, Summoner, Gunner

WEAPON:
*Choices Include: Short Sword, Long Sword, Cross Bow, Wooden Staff of Mages, Dagger, Wooden Bow, Pistol (upgrade for dual wielding), Standard Tome, Wooden Shield
*Get COINS to Upgrade your Weapon!

APPEARANCE:
*This is determined by your mind's eye view of your character and sent from the helmet linked from your brain to the Menu.

SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES:
*Markings, Ears, Tail, Wings, Any difference of any kind.

SKILLS:
*You start off with 2 skills. When you level up you may either add another or strengthen the first. Your choice.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING KRYSIN, MR./MISS _____________

XDZT.gif

Modern day city with modern day people who have modern day jobs, blahzay blahzay. Work, school, what ever it is that normal people do. However, when you get home, you are not really going straight home. You're entering what is known as KRYSIN. KRYSIN is a 'gaming system' per say. It is safe and efficient, you know. Normal VR type stuff. You lie on your stomach, put on a digitized helmet, and connect necessary wires to your neck, and arms. Once connected, you enter in the MENU.

Basically, these people go home to go into the wildest adventure ever! They all have imaginary made up characters with made up lives. As with any wide spread VR systems, there are a number of casualties. Some people don't LOG OFF and stimulate their human bodies until they wind up sick or worse. Others suffer "mysterious casualties" that will be later explained as the plot goes on. The friend you know at school who you're in love with doesn't know you are secretly Player: MisstearyxMaiden. Your best friend in KRYSIN is your rival at your job, but you don't know how to tell them. And who is that mysterious person in all black?

This rp would be living double lives. One in reality...one in KRYSIN. On one end, the leaders of each nation are attempting to band together to shut off the game to preserve humanity. On the other end, both the makers of KRYSIN and a vast majority of Humanity refuse to have it shut down, regardless of the uprise in casualties. Do you riot with those to shut it down and move on with your real lives, or do you subdue yourself in KRYSIN... possibly forever?

Reality Character Sheet

Name:

Personality:
Appearance: (Both pictures and descriptions will do. Or both!)
Short History:

I will put up the rules as soon as people show they're interested! Hope to see you guys!

Last edited:
Sweet! If you three would like, you can go ahead and start crafting your character sheets (I know those are a pain to do)! If we could get up to 5-7 people, I'd be game!

Ace Cream Ace Cream : Gold will be earned by the “monsters”, “missions” and “dungeons” your player complete. RG, the Virtual Reality Guide that will be played by me, will pop in and award players their Coins and Level Up! Just GM things.

Also totally read that wrong! Yes, the game money is earned by subscription!

Last edited:
Damn, I thought of this shut-in character I really wanna play now... Can't make any super fast promises at the moment, but do consider me interested!

NAME: Ace Cream
CLASS: Valkyrie

WEAPON: Short Sword + Wooden shield

APPEARANCE:

cecilia.png

SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES:
When using valkyrie-exclusive skills, a pair of translucent black feathery wings will temporarily appear on her back.

SKILLS:
- Corpse Hunt (A raven descends from valhalla and start circling above the targeted enemy. The caster gains increased movement speed when moving towards the raven and each time the caster attack the marked enemy the raven will launch a follow up attack.)
- Valkyrieblitz (the caster raise their shield and charge forward, gaining damage reduction and boost movement speed. The first enemy hit by the shield will be stunned.)

THANK YOU FOR JOINING KRYSIN, MISS ACE

XDZT.gif

Reality Character Sheet

Name: Louise Asimov

Personality: rebellious, irritable, emphatic, impulsive.
Appearance: 1617a99eec6f588c12a75b44b7af536.jpg

Short History: Currently working as a teacher at St. Chronica Academy, a large campus consisted of middle and high school divisions. While she normally teach economy, she occasionally get a role as a homeroom teacher, which she doesn't like to but ends up accepting anyway.

Nice.

Edit : I dunno if we're supposed to post them in here but Ace did and I've already finished mine. Yolo.

NAME: Thanatos

CLASS: Summoner

WEAPON: Standard Tome (I'd also just be cool with this being one of his skulls.)

32dda79050ba8b89ce73058b3c190555.jpg

SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES: Skulls on his sides glow the same blue as his fists when channeling spells.

SKILLS
Raise Bone Golem - The summoner uses bones around them and those already in the earth to summon a giant bone golem.
Bone_Golem.jpeg
Power Infusion - The summoner can funnel their own magic into their summon and greatly improve it's capabilities. Unable to perform other actions while channeling.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING KRYSIN, THANATOS.

XDZT.gif

Reality Character Sheet

Name: Shen Niko Corsair

Personality: There are two sides to Shen. In real life he is a happy go lucky guy that will always lend a helping hand. He has trouble making friends because he is so shy but once he warms up to people it's hard to get rid of him. In game is where he lets all of his frustrations go. Thanatos is cruel and not afraid of anyone, rising up to meet any challenge and crushing those that get in his way.
Appearance
16f623eddd32133c95ff123b01be3dfd.jpg

Short History: Shen hated real life. He never made friends in school because he was always too shy to try. He got bullied for being the weird kid but never thought much on it. His father and mother both had jobs so they were never home much. When Krysin was announced Shen had been one of the first in line. He camped for days in advance just to get the equipment early. He's lived most of his life in the game ever since as a way to escape reality. If it bothered his parents that he stayed at home all day playing they never said anything to him. The only time they saw him anymore was for dinner if they were even home at the time.

Last edited:

NAME: Seiji

CLASS: Mage

WEAPON: Standard Tome

APPEARANCE:
123D0713-8A92-480F-BD2F-DA2383AD760E.jpeg

SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES: n/a

SKILLS:
Sage Restoration - A lesser recovery spell that restores the target or user’s HP and Mana. 7 second cooldown.

Talisman Defense - Beginner’s protective spell which creates a weak, temporary barrier around the target. Can be used on multiple targets at the cost of more mana.

Reality Character Sheet

Name: Nanbu Seiji

Personality: Seiji is all the explosive power of a firecracker bottled up into a human body. He can be antagonizing and cruel at times, but that is mainly a result of the life he’s had. When interacting with strangers or generally kind people, Seiji is a totally different person however. He at his core Seiji is a kind and gentle soul who does enjoy the company of others and bringing joy to those he loves.

Appearance:
1B324A4B-5421-4A55-B78D-5C778682CA7C.jpeg

Short History: Born to a member of the Yakuza, Seiji was destined to join the family once he was old enough, and so he did with no qualms. It was all he knew and part of him longed to join and work beside the people he called family. As a teenager he made his mark by being fiery and unafraid of society’s laws. As he grew, however, he started to think about what his life would have been like had he been born outside of the family. Slowly he started to discover a softer side of himself that he chose to keep a secret from those who knew him to be rambunctious. With time he became frustrated with not being able to express himself truly and then came along Krysin. The virtual reality games were always an interest of his but he never had a reason to try them before now. Joining the game he created a mage character which he channels his kindness and compassion through.

NAME: Elora Virkas
CLASS: sorcerer

WEAPON: Wooden staff if mages

APPEARANCE:2c2c053e25c9f17c9c3ea03ea15e6a78.jpg

SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES: has vines with thorns that peak out above her collar. Underneath her body is covered in these vines that glow a golden hue when she uses her abilities.

SKILLS:
Healing Hand: Can be cast through weapons or familiar at higher levels. Allows caster to heal their allies' HP

Radiant Blow: The casters weapon begins to glow and the next hit they land will deal magical radiant damage. The higher the skill level the more damage that can be dealt.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING KRYSIN, MR./MISS _____________

Reality Character Sheet

Name: Thalia Glass
Personality: Thalia tends to be more reserved in person,unlike her online persona. She is very focused,especially when it comes to school work and vr. Is very intelligent which is why she can be a grad student and play video games as often as she does.
(In Game)
Is very outgoing and loves her position as healer. Supporting her allies is always in her nature even outside the game. Likes to play a more tactical approach due to being a squishy sorcerer.
Appearance: 671f6a0262db5807ddd04fcca617ea89.jpg
Typical outfit consists of black skinny jeans, combat boots and plain white top. Has a tattoo of cherry blossom flowers on her right shoulder blade.
Short History: Thalia is in her final year of her PhD program and tends to go into Krysin to relax from her chaotic life. Which is basically all the time. You would never know she was still in school with the amount of time she spends on Krysin. In real life she is a botanist who studies medicinal herbs. It is why she picked being a healer in Krysin.

I don't know if I'll have to nerf this later, but here we go.

[div style='display:block; align-self:center;']
NAME: V01D (Void)
CLASS: Sorcerer
SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES: When running out of mana, he can enter in overdrive, a state where he uses his HP for power and progressively consumes it.
WEAPON: Hands. As a sorcerer, his fighting style is a short-mid range. Usually use light weapons like knives or short swords that are enchanted with magic.
SKILLS:
[Enchanting]: Use his powers to enchant an object or item. Usually, he uses this skill in his gloves for short rage fighting or his weapons. The damage dealt depends on the level of the skill and the items. Even if he throws you an enchanted banana, it's gonna hurt a litter bit more.
[Kitama]: Throws a ball of energy. Taking the time to channel the energy would make it more powerful, but it would consume much more mana.

[div style='display:flex; padding:15px;']

fa7c7f415f23c23ccf9df3d29ad52e0e.jpg

[/div]
[/div]

397a442affe4f43393e47e5b0c5911f1.jpg

Name: Aren Naga
Analyst at a marketing company.

Personality: Aren is a very kind person with some self-confidence issues and a lack of motivation for most things. His social skills are not horrible, just that Aren learned to be very observant, always looking at everything from different perspectives. When he discovered KRYSIN he was amazed, he found it super fun, he found it super exciting! He found a way to be someone else. His character is a complete alter-ego of him; someone more confident, cool and using a more to the edge personality. Although... most of the time he ends acting dorky.

Short History: Born in a standard family with strict parents, Aren developed a reserved personality during his childhood. Growing up he learned to be more open, even if not to a big shot. Recently graduated from college with a degree in Marketing and Statistics, he began to work as an analyst in a startup company. In no time he positioned himself as a valuable asset for the company with all his research work and the intelligence he has shown. Though he excelled at his job, it isn't what he wanted to be.

Last edited:
Could you elaborate on the classes, please?
Otherwise...
Weeb mode activates.
CS in the making after information obtained.

LET'S GO, BOYS. AND GIRLS, TOO, I GUESS....

...That's not how the catchphrase works, but... uhh..
I'll shut up now.

NAME: HYPPOLYTA
CLASS: Fighter/Brawler
WEAPON: Magic Braces
APPEARANCE:
milk-800.jpg
HEIGHT: 6'5"
SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES: Extreme Muscles/Strength
SKILLS:
Amazonian Punch: The user empowers their fist(s), greatly increasing their next attack's damage. At higher levels, this skill can be used on both fists at the same time, and its cooldown is also highly reduced.
Fierce Counter: The User conjures a small shield around themselves, lessening the amount of damage taken for the duration, and releasing a percentage of the mitigated damage in the area around them. At higher levels, the shield can become large enough to encase a small group. if Amazonian Punch is activated at the same time as Fierce Counter, the damage will instead be added to Amazonian Punch's basic attack damage with an increased damage ratio.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING KRYSIN, MISS HIPPOLYTA

XDZT.gif

Reality Character Sheet

Name: Karen

Personality: Karen is generally a very caring and sweet person. As a Housewife and mother of 3, she does somewhat fit into the stereotype of trophy wife/hot mom. Generally people view Karen as ditsy and somewhat dimwitted, usually based on her appearance, but she is actually quite intelligent, having multiple history degrees and being able to speak multiple languages. When it comes to gaming and competitions, Karen will often drop her generally uncaring and cheerful attitude for one that is completely competitive.
Appearance:
Courtney_Act_finale.jpg
(Obviously she doesn't look like this all the time, but her husband does tend to like it when she "glams up.")
Height: 5'8"
Short History: Karen has a pretty simple life, growing up in an American Suburbs. Her hometown was middle sized, there wasn't much to do, and besides Karen’s traditionally pretty looks, she wasn’t super popular. She spent most of her time at the local museum, and worked there in the summers, slowly growing her love for ancient history. She carried that love with her to college, becoming a Classics major, with even more history and language classes on the side. While in college, she met the “love of her life,” and after dating throughout college and into the first year of adulthood, they got married and moved into a pretty upper-middle class suburb where they officially started their family. As her husband’s business grew and slowly took more of his time, Karen had to sacrifice her museum job to stay at home and take care of their kids and house. Over the years, She spent any free time she could continuing her historical studies and even earning a few languages. Once her youngest kids started going to school, she realized she had more free time than she had had in years and was looking for something new to do. One day, while her husband was off at work and her kids where off at school, she was cleaning the house when she realized her oldest son had left a game on the computer. It appeared to be mythology-based, so Karen sat down and investigated. Four hours later and she was hooked. A year and a few fancy gaming systems later, Karen was a secret competitive gamer with a small following, mostly made up of other female gamers.

Alright guys. I have gotten off of my ass and have now put this Thread Application to a CLOSE! Thank you all for your interest! This is the Roster I have up for everyone along with any Questions or Concerns. Other than that, this thing is getting rolling!

KRYSIN ROSTER

PLAYER AceCream PLAYED BY Ace Cream Ace Cream : Accepted! Welcome aboard! Loooove the sheet!
PLAYER Thanatos PLAYED BY Lurker Lurker : Accepted! Yes, I will allow the Tome to be in the form of one of his Skulls. Excellent work!
PLAYER Seji PLAYED BY LadyOfStars LadyOfStars : Accepted! One question. Is the Sage Restoration a skill that restores HP and Mana fully, or percentage based upon level?
PLAYER Elora Virkas PLAYED BY Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 : Accepted! I am loving the backstory on your reality character as well!
PLAYER VO1D PLAYED BY foresigh foresigh : Accepted! No nerfing here, just one question. Kitama! Is the ball thrown an "on hit effect" type spell?
PLAYER Hyppolyta PLAYED BY Princess Roomba Princess Roomba : Accepted! WOOOAAAHH, THAT KRYSIN APPEARANCE! XD I am looking all kinds of forward to watching this chick in action!

And this is everybody! Here are side messages:

jakthemenace jakthemenace : If you can come up with sheet in a few days, I can accept you!
darkborn darkborn : PM your concern and I will explain the classes to you. I plan on putting the Class List in detail up shortly.
Tsuna Tsuna : Due to an incomplete sheet, I am not able to accept your character. If there is any more room, I will let you know.

With that being said, I am going to start getting working on little tiny avatar versions of each one of your KRYSIN and Reality characters for your posts! If you decide to use them or not, it's all up to you! After the Avatars are finished, I will get the RP started.

Here are the RULES for this RP. If any of these RULES don't suit your liking, or if you have any concerns, please let me know. I am very lenient!

1.) Post at least once a week and POST YOUR BEST! This Rp will be a very descriptive and detailed one, much like any other video game you all may play. With that being said any post less than 2 paragraphs is NOT accepted. I do not expect you to equal the length of any of your other players post, but please be considerate. If someone types you up a 6 paragraph long battle scene (hypothetically speaking), do not respond with "It hurt. It was super effective. He winced. He died."

2.) Your Level in Krysin starts off at 1 and will rank up according to the GM (yay me).

3.) DO NOT kill any other players. You may battle and spar with them until the cows come home, but you are forbidden to end their life in KRYSIN. If you're so hell bent on killing something, you may create an rival NPC. But DO NOT make that rival the main villain. That's my job. Muwahaha. I am also VERY okay with any number of NPCs you wish to place. Obviously, a Innkeeper, Item Clerk, Weaponsmiths, those are all to be played by me!

4.) If you're level 3 you can not do a skill like 'Spirit Bomb.' Come on, now.

5.) MAKE IT KNOWN that you are in KRYSIN by either changing your FONT COLOR or using the AVATARS I will provide. Please. Makes things way easier.

6.) If you want a previous relation/friendship with another player, PM them and ask. Not everyone has to be strangers! Er, unless you want them to, that is.

PLAYER VO1D PLAYED BY @foresigh : Accepted! No nerfing here, just one question. Kitama! Is the ball thrown an "on hit effect" type spell?
Yes, is like the typical basic magic spell. Just throw energy ball and deal damage. Like a fireball, but without the fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back