Keychains #258-301

Aasharu said:
I... a... wha... ara... it...
Jukashi, I think you broke my brain. Just when I figured all my Secret/Marena ideas were just in my head... you do THIS.
It's good to know I'm not alone.

I still have myself convinced that any hints I happen to see aren't really there, but...

ShadowDragon8685 said:
I thought the ears were an erogenous zone' date=' anyway.[/quote']
I am 100% sure that's the point.
Well, in the case of Marena, they are also fuzzy ears, and everybody loves fuzzy ears, including the people that have them. :3

Also, 5 obols on Racer being one of the infamous "nine"

ShadowDragon8685 said:
I thought the ears were an erogenous zone' date=' anyway.[/quote']
I am 100% sure that's the point.
Well, in the case of Marena, they are also fuzzy ears, and everybody loves fuzzy ears, including the people that have them. :3

Also, 5 obols on Racer being one of the infamous "nine"
I don't know...with Racer, it might be best having him all to yourself, and...er...

*ahem* I'll be in my bunk.

. . . Okay, that broke my SOMETHING. Brain or related organ. :shock: What's the trope name for what's going on here, Fantastic Arousal or something of that nature?

PSL, perverse sexual lust. After all, all these characters are just lines of color on your monitor, and all their actions are thought up by one man. What sort of twisted, deranged mind could imagine such a thing! What sort of monster could envision such a crazy world! WHO COULD HAVE DONE THI oh hi Jukashi.

Also, furthering my PSL for a Secret/Some other girl pairing, I notice that in this comic, she's blushing rather furiously at being hugged by a naked Marena.

Please forgive my relative ignorance of Abyssal mechanics, but wouldn't engaging in sexual activities give Secret Resonance? And isn't that bad for her?

Fighteer said:
Please forgive my relative ignorance of Abyssal mechanics, but wouldn't engaging in sexual activities give Secret Resonance? And isn't that bad for her?
Yes, but who said love was easy? :)

Crasical said:
. . . Okay, that broke my SOMETHING. Brain or related organ. :shock: What's the trope name for what's going on here, Fantastic Arousal or something of that nature?
That's exactly right - Fantastic Arousal is the name for it, although the example given on that page is "tail"...

...come to think of it, that might be worth a shot, too. Go on, Secret! Time for an experiment! :twisted:

merle said:
Fighteer said:
Yes, but who said love was easy? :)
As I undertand it, it's only a Sin of Life, or whatever those things are called, if you conceive. And what sort of person doesn't make sure to score some Maiden Tea, considering how it's a perfect contraceptive? I might be wrong of course. I'm just in no mood to bother scourng the Abyssal book for that one bit that would make me right or wrong.

Also, yes I did just make an account to say that. But I'd been meaning to set one up for a while, so whatever.

That's correct, it's only a sin if you conceive new life, and another sin if you actually give birth to new life. Having sex with the living isn't a sin, otherwise those seducer types that work for the Lover would be constantly gaining Resonance.

Which only makes me wonder how hard Lover had to petition to make it happen.

As the saying goes, Lover will find a way.

I just noticed that Secret's top has straps now - more like a tank top than her normal get up. Apparently she actually posseses a change of clothes.

Secret looks good in a tank top everything, including nothing.

But a tank top looks good, too. :)

I also see that she uttered those magical words: "Ten Winds, teach me Air Dragon Style." Or something to that effect...

Would punching a river in half be Air Dragon Style, or Water Dragon Style, or something else altogether?

Hrm... Makes me wonder - Sol Invictus can strike individuals off his Book of Shit as easily as he can place them there, presumably he could strike an Abyssal, as an individual, off the list as an exception to being a normal CoD.

Could that Abyssal then learn and wield Holy Charms? Obviously it would be a resonance factory, but it's not like Celestials don't already play high stakes with their Limit/Equavilents.

I couldn't help but notice the hilarious parallel to Aang first learning firebending in Avatar while reading that.

I am also reminded of the first issue of Immortal Weapons, when Iron-Crutch Khan commands his "worthless students" to punch the waves until they hit Japan.

...I think it was Japan.

Besides, I think punching water would be a good martial arts training technique.

krrackknut said:
I am also reminded of the first issue of Immortal Weapons, when Iron-Crutch Khan commands his "worthless students" to punch the waves until they hit Japan.
...I think it was Japan.

Besides, I think punching water would be a good martial arts training technique.
Obviously it is, if Ten Winds endorses it.

Of course, he also endorses pipe-smoking and boozehounding.

It may not have gotten the same response out of everyone else, but I'm going to go ahead and put that final line on my 'Best Thing Ever' list. Because Ten saying that makes me laugh.

I was not prepared for that punchline in the slightest, and it freaking got me. Haven't laughed that hard in some time.

Crasical said:
It may not have gotten the same response out of everyone else, but I'm going to go ahead and put that final line on my 'Best Thing Ever' list. Because Ten saying that makes me laugh.
Agreed.

I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing that she's supposed to fail at, or...not.

merle said:
Crasical said:
Agreed.

I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing that she's supposed to fail at, or...not.
She's one of the Celestial Exalted, so...

Could go either way.

Wasn't it Scroll of the Monk that had the kid punching water over and over again for months at a time until he got pissed over not learning anything and punched a table, breaking it in half?

Punch the river in half grasshopper and you will be able to shatter walls with your fists.

Is there an Abyssal version of Adamantine Fists of Battle and/or Orichalcum Fists of Battle?

As much as I holy shit like omfg adore Secret, I hope she doesn't end up becoming a kung fu genius. D: I kinda appreciate how incompetent--in the sense Krillin, the human who rumbled with bioengineered killing machines and gods, was--she is in the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back