Keychains #258-301

She's been Exalted since not long after Thorn was overtaken... So it would be about 5 years?

You know, the more I look at this page, the more I get the feeling that Aria is regretting the necessity of her manipulative behavior, but regards it as necessary all the same.

Edit: Also, this page's reference to Ma-Ha-Suchi, I believe, marks the first mention of any of the canon Exalted.

Edit Again: No, wait, the RedSid mentioned Chejop Kejak on page 247.

All the way back in #25 Secret's liege (Silver Prince) was mentioned, I think several canon deathlords were mentioned even before that. Although I suppose technically you could argue that a Deathlord isn't Exalted.

Actually, the way I'm defining Exalted in this case is "anyone who, if they showed up in comic and spent peripheral essence, would have a caste mark flare."

Aasharu said:
Actually, the way I'm defining Exalted in this case is "anyone who, if they showed up in comic and spent peripheral essence, would have a caste mark flare."
Ah, I see you have Neighborhood Relocation Scheme up and running and you're dragging the goal-posts.

No, that's pretty much what I meant from the beginning. The Deathlords don't count, because they're ghosts, not Exalted. Even if they once were Exalted, they aren't now. If you were to mention their First Age incarnations, then it would be different, because you're speaking of them as they were when Exalted. But now, having sold their names and souls to the Neverborn for power, they aren't the same people, and thus, don't count as Exalted.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Ah, I see you have Neighborhood Relocation Scheme up and running and you're dragging the goal-posts.
Someone needs to sig this for posterity.
I... have no room.

[shatner]PLACE-HOLDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR![/shatner]

[echo]Holderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr![/echo]

[echo][echo]Holderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr![/echo][/echo]

[echo][echo][echo]Holderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr![/echo][/echo][/echo]

Why must you tease us so, Placeholder? Why must you tease us with the blurb and no comic?!

Well, it would seem to me that the simple answer is "so she doesn't gut you like a guppy," you stupid old whore.

Marena's got the Curse of the Mother Hen - but when she senses one of her cubs in danger, the fox becomes the bear. She wants her boy back.

Also, it just hit me: why didn't Aria spend any time whatsoever talking to Karen?

magnificentmomo said:
Jeez, is everyone in Marena's family an Exalt of some variety except her mom?
The better question: Is there anybody in her family that actually is a normal style mortal?

We know she had a son and two daughters. The son has apparently been headsniped for Sidereal duty, and one daugher apparently died in the invasion of Thorns - what's the other one?

ShadowDragon8685 said:
magnificentmomo said:
Jeez, is everyone in Marena's family an Exalt of some variety except her mom?
The better question: Is there anybody in her family that actually is a normal style mortal?

We know she had a son and two daughters. The son has apparently been headsniped for Sidereal duty, and one daugher apparently died in the invasion of Thorns - what's the other one?
The chances of the family of an Exalt being perfectly normal, living people with no super powers is one hobjillion to one against.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Also, it just hit me: why didn't Aria spend any time whatsoever talking to Karen?
Very good question. Likely because, due to their split upbringing, she has more barbs and hooks in Marena.

Pissed Lunar is PISSED.

I absolutely LOVE Marena's shaking hand in the second to last panel. She's 1/86th of an inch of away from beating the living snot out of Aria. That she didn't hit her already (like rolling Join Battle with intent hit her) means Aria is safe, because the rest of the crew will be rushing in momentarily.

So Karen and Marena's father/grandfather is Dragon-Blooded, Karen is a Solar, Marena's a Lunar, Marena's son is destined for Sidereal Exaltation and one of her daughters "died" in Thorns. If one of Marena's ancestors had become a hero of Autochthonia and her other daughter stumbles across some Yozi's influence, we might have a entire family of Exalts.

Quchu said:
So Karen and Marena's father/grandfather is Dragon-Blooded, Karen is a Solar, Marena's a Lunar, Marena's son is destined for Sidereal Exaltation and one of her daughters "died" in Thorns. If one of Marena's ancestors had become a hero of Autochthonia and her other daughter stumbles across some Yozi's influence, we might have a entire family of Exalts.
Across the spectrum no less.

Every type represented.

Boy would the reunion dinner be awkward...specially if anyone tried to make trouble there.

It won't be complete until each of the Celestials has a half-caste kid and we throw in a few demon and fae blooded cousins.

Oh, and a Dragon King marries in somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back