Keychains 196 through 200

Tyrrell said:
This one I found bothered me, perhaps because I'm a Lunar fan. Marena is treated like a simple minded pet by Misho.
Go see "Up". It's a great movie, and you'll get the joke. ;)

Jukashi said:
Tyrrell said:
This one I found bothered me, perhaps because I'm a Lunar fan. Marena is treated like a simple minded pet by Misho.
... Who then runs away.
'Tis what I'd do. She won't be happy about this one when she gets that ball...

Artifact Trick Ball:

Useful for playing with a more sentient type of animal, this ball can be attuned for a simple two mote commitment. While so attuned, you may throw the ball and reflexively spend a mote to have the ball instantly return to your hand.

Oh, please let there be a big fight between Ten and Karen. Please.

I wonder how long it will take before Misho puts on a shirt.

Karen, likely using Solar Hero Style, vs Ten Winds, using Air Dragon Style?!?! Please say it is so

Quchu said:
I'd imagine they would both use Immaculate styles. :D
You have to be Exalted to learn Immaculate Styles, so unless she's been hiding a rogue teacher somewhere, she couldn't have learned one. She was mortal while part of the Immaculate Order.

Or course, Jukashi can just say "Screw the Rules, I have Cool Characters" and have Karen break out Fire Dragon Style.

She was educated as a mortal Immaculate follower. Personally, I'd say that's rules-bendy enough to let a Solar, the unquestionable masters of everything, figure out the mechanical style.

That, or she's about to calligraphate "Ten Winds, teach me Air Dragon Style" in the ground. Since, yanno, she can't talk.

Either way, this calls for the soundtrack to Kung Fu Panda.

Also, in that fanart, it doesn't look to me like Secret's trying to intimidate someone. It looks like she just got into a jump-fight with someone or something, and she landed first, and in a second or two, someone else is going to land in two or more pieces. And possibly explode behind her.

Also, many mortal Immaculate Monks are students of the Five Dragon Style. It's quite possible, even likely that she might know this style at the least.

And of course, one can't forget the possibility that flashbacks from her Exaltation's previous incarnations led to the sudden learning of one of the classic styles.

No, no, you people have it all wrong. You only think it's something about her Immaculate past or Ten Winds surprised / objecting that she's using an Immaculate style or something like that. But, no.

What happened is, she recognized Ten Winds.

As her mother.

Ten Winds is Marena from the future, who is also Karen's mother and Misho's child. Her past self is Cluivnarihe, which is why she keeps making fun of Secret's romantic prospects.

Not until you tell me how you are going to incorporate that giant apple monster thing you've been doodling every day into the plot.

Quchu said:
Not until you tell me how you are going to incorporate that giant apple monster thing you've been doodling every day into the plot.
He's been growing his own Epileptic Trees, you see. That's why he encourages every outlandish theory, strange passing thought, and outrageous explanation. He's been harvesting this crop of Wild Mass Guessing, so that one day, he may reap and consume them, that he will be finally be purged of the curse of children's laughter.

Alternatively, he's just doing that because he's trying to think. But that's just crazy.

Yes, I do realize that I just played into his hands.

krrackknut said:
Quchu said:
He's been growing his own Epileptic Trees, you see. That's why he encourages every outlandish theory, strange passing thought, and outrageous explanation. He's been harvesting this crop of Wild Mass Guessing, so that one day, he may reap and consume them, that he will be finally be purged of the curse of children's laughter.

Alternatively, he's just doing that because he's trying to think. But that's just crazy.

Yes, I do realize that I just played into his hands.
or is this just part of his fifty xanatos roulette pileup and that's what he WANTS you to think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back