Keychain 96-100

Rixaxun

I don't get the last three panels. Where did the bird come from? What has it got to do with anything?

Resonance?

Could someone please explain that to me? I'm not too familar with the Abbeys. Ben used it to his own effects, apparently, but the in-character text made it seem as if that was an abberation, rather than the norm.

Abyssals are the SERVANTS of the Neverborn. They are not supposed to wander around Creation holding babies, they are supposed to destroy Creation and eat babies with chopsticks. If an Abyssal deviates from what his Neverborn master assumes his goal should be, he executes a form of punishment. This rage of the dead gods is expresses through resonance, which is an accumulation of necrotic Essence that, at some times, is released, generating... unpleasing effects. Those include little creatures dying, blood spurting where you walk, bones being animated, etc.

BTW, another great strip. Loved the appearance of the Glorious Solar Desk.

So, of all the Exalt types, Abyssals, the inherantly chaotic destroyers of all, are the only kind who have any kind of regulatory overwatch by their presumed masters whatsoever?!

I think that sentance there encapsulates all that is fucked-up in Exalted. :P

Arthur said:
The Sidereals also have regulators. So do the young DBs.
By their "Presumptive Masters", I meant the deific beings of insane proportions who power them, not hierarchical chains of command. I don't consider the Celestial Buracracy to be regulators on the Sidereals since they are Sidereals, and there's certainly no Higher Power regulating the Terrestrial Exalts.

Upon further investigation, I notice one of those 'small details' in today's comic; Secret's eyes get really small, as if she's tramautized, or upset.

Why do I suspect that her inability to do something as innocent as hold an orphaned infant without causing havok and mayhem in the world is going to lead her to eventually be the instriment of the Silver Prince's downfall, very vengeancy?

That, or she'll look for a way to end her own cursed existance, but in so doing, restore her corrupted shard to it's former Solar status. (Or maybe, epic of epics, hope against hope, do that without the suicide part).

Hmmm. I suspect that may be Secret's motivation. Now that's Epic. My characters just want to take command of the Five-Metal Shrike, nothing quite so cosmology-rearranging. :P

The one thing I hate about KoC is that it's only two days a week. :)

Ahhh well. I suppose if we're not willing to pony up the dough to pay Juk to do it full time, he shoulden't have to do it full time...

If we did pony up that kind of dough, though, I wonder if he'd take the offer, ala R.K. Milholland?

Is it just me, or did that one tribesman have difficulty telling what gender Misho was? Or was it just a matter of status?

Well, Misho dosen't wear a beard, he has long, yellow hair... He's never really been depicted as particularly strong of build...

That's entirely plausable. I can't count the number of times I've been referred to as "ma'am", which is why I've taken to wearing this @*^)@#^ beard, even though I hate the thing. Come to that, I've gotten that even with the beard a time or two.... >_<

Misho is a... gentle-looking man, but it was meant to be a status thing. He's got the caste mark all aglow up there.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
That's entirely plausable. I can't count the number of times I've been referred to as "ma'am", which is why I've taken to wearing this @*^)@#^ beard, even though I hate the thing. Come to that, I've gotten that even with the beard a time or two.... >_<
Going completely off topic, when I was in university I had long hair. I was walking home one day and this car full of frat guys started hooting and hollering at me, giving me a "Hey baby." I, too, had a beard, and as the car pulled even with me and passed me, they realized I was a bloke. At that point, someone in the car yelled "I'm uncultured!" I just had to smile, because I wasn't the one who was cat calling a man. But the similarities to SD's comments brought the story to mind.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I do have long hair... Not as long as it once was, because the @*^)#^&ING ancient barber-lady decided men should have short hair and creatively misinterpreted my request to "even it off with the base of my neck" from "about shoulder height" to "chop it off to the base of my skull"...

@^*)#&^. Still working on growing it back. :(

That's why I never cut my hair when I had it long. I didn't trust the person cutting my hair to keep it long. Of course, I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum now, and I love it. I enjoyed the long hair whilst I had it, but I doubt I'll ever go back.

But I'm sorry you had a run in with a Hair Fascist. Perhaps you should look for a new hair cutter? I think you shouldn't have to pay a barber/hair stylist/whatever if they screw up your hair. I think it would curtail what happened to you.....

No, I did not beat an old lady!

I didn't even say anything. I just paid them and left. I agree that you shoulden't pay, but...

Well, bridges, burning. Several barbers work there, some of whom I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back