Keychain #376-380

Luna had fingers too. Gods are drawn differently, remember?

I think, so far, we have one type of drawing for Incarna, one for Demons, Gods and similar Spirits, one for mortals and exalts, one for fae...

I wonder, would fae get upgraded to the new style, or would they still be stick-figures, seeing as they are only acting as people?

I wonder' date=' would fae get upgraded to the new style, or would they still be stick-figures, seeing as they are only acting as people?[/quote']I can see them still being stick figures until they notice everybody else is drawn differently, then changing to match.

Have characters besides gods been pictured with fingers? Otherwise almost everyone in Jukashi's ~verse only have these glove-like hand things, which is a little creepy. This is especially glaring in panel six, where Secret's glove-hand-thing is in Costora's hand.

About not aging, isn't there a difference between the "growing up" and "getting old" stages of live? One is maturing into a full-blown "adult" human, and the other is basically dying very slowly. Isn't it conceptually possible that abyssals stop dying or growing old, but would still reach the 21 year mark of being a fully developed "adult" since humans only start aging (or "dying") after that peak? Also, I'm fairly sure that I must have messed up my use of quotations in this paragraph somehow.

Scientifically speaking, growing up is different from growing old, but in a different aspect than most people think of. The 'growing old' is technically the body starting to break down, having finished the stage of fulfilling adulthood and no longer needing to 'grow' the body into a different state, it then starts to break down. Since the body of an Abyssal is technically dead AKA unaging, there would be neither growing old nor growing up, and in fact growing old would be easier to cause than growing up for someone chock-full of necrotic essence (maybe the justification for a fall to Appearance 1 or 0 on higher essence).

Cryoseraph said:
Since the body of an Abyssal is technically dead AKA unaging, there would be neither growing old nor growing up, and in fact growing old would be easier to cause than growing up for someone chock-full of necrotic essence (maybe the justification for a fall to Appearance 1 or 0 on higher essence).
If you want it to work that way, sure, but it's not that hard to make changes to something imaginary. I guess I don't like the idea of being hundreds of years old and stuck in a children's body. Or maybe I just prefer my immortal paragons of death to have more than one hold on my soul? :?

Inverse said:
Cryoseraph said:
Since the body of an Abyssal is technically dead AKA unaging, there would be neither growing old nor growing up, and in fact growing old would be easier to cause than growing up for someone chock-full of necrotic essence (maybe the justification for a fall to Appearance 1 or 0 on higher essence).
If you want it to work that way, sure, but it's not that hard to make changes to something imaginary. I guess I don't like the idea of being hundreds of years old and stuck in a children's body. Or maybe I just prefer my immortal paragons of death to have more than one hold on my soul? :?
You're all missing the important part here.

Question: What is proportionate to Essence for Female Exalted =D?

Answer:Begins with B ens with Oobs

Inverse said:
Cryoseraph said:
They have charms to reconstruct their physical body. Most of those who got turned young pick those up eventually.

Besides, Secret is cuter like this.

Getting boobs would mean shes in direct competition with Marena in terms of appeal and thats going to be bad for our poor Abyssal's self esteem.

Aw. I rather liked the eyes in the old style. It was rather a signature thing for the comic.

Though, I guess it wouldn't easily fit with the updated style...

Well, at least if Jukashi (or us) dislike the new comic style he can change it back through Secret's head getting back in order after that fall, perhaps by mentioning something in passing to Misho who then gives her a full doctor's appointment. Having Secret unlearn sorcery and going back to sticks would be harder :P

I do have to say though, now that I notice they still don't have fingers, it is a little odd looking. Otherwise, I do think I could get to like this style... I just wonder how the Sidreal eyes would work.

I don't know about all you guys, but I like the style, though the glove-hand vs. finger-hand thing is jarring once its been pointed out. While the previous style was distinctive, this is as well, and it might actually get *more* readership (freakin shallow people), regardless, I think it's awesome.

magnificentmomo said:
*gasp* more shadowed figures in their shadowyness! I must know their secrets!
Placing by bets on the guys in panel 3, from left to right: Ben, Fury, Flame

Also betting that, Ben at least, dramatically throws off his robes before remembering that Death knights find the sun unpleasant.

magnificentmomo said:
The middle figure is Sights, who was also with that group. Compare the big round white "eyes" in 380 with Sights' goggles. And, for that matter, the red scarf with her red scarf. I agree with you on Ben, but the third figure's a bit ambiguous for Flame. It would make sense, but Flame's been depicted with pure black eyes in the past, not glowing yellow. It could be Fury in an alternate humanoid form, but that also seems a bit off. For the moment I'd guess that it's Flame with artistic license to make his eyes visible inside the hood (or possibly a change with the art shift to yellow eyes).

For my own far-fetched guess, I'm calling that Fury is actually Essence 6, has Heavenly Servant Imitation, and is the squid-god in the bay. :D

Costora said:
I'm not about, to do the Dynasts any favors, but I can't help you with them either...
I'm no grammar expert, but there might be one too many commas in this comic.

Ascension said:
magnificentmomo said:
The middle figure is Sights, who was also with that group. Compare the big round white "eyes" in 380 with Sights' goggles.
Oh, I actually thought of Sights too, but I thought that she went with another group.

In that case, Fury is probably in her shark true form (I think that's what it was) and is noming the surfers.

veekie said:

Getting boobs would mean shes in direct competition with Marena in terms of appeal and thats going to be bad for our poor Abyssal's self esteem.
She might not grow boobs but instead become more Goth-Loli.

The new artstyle would almost support that.

Dahak said:
veekie said:

Hasn't her whole history in the comic been her self esteem being raised then expertly dashed?

LaFreeze said:
Dahak said:
veekie said:

Hasn't her whole history in the comic been her self esteem being raised then expertly dashed?
It'd be pretty hilarious if she raises Appearance and then doesn't get the effect she expects.

Yeah...he answer on appearance dissatisfies me because of that. "One is no better than the other" only really means "might as well be prettier".

Just saw this over on the White Wolf forums, thought I'd put it here just so Jukashi knows how much impact he has had on the entire Exalted line:

Holden said:
Hell, look at Keychain of Creation. Lovely, lovely Keychain of Creation—what's the punchline when they run into Autochthonians having built an outpost into a mountain up in the North? "Be careful-- we're in house rules country."
It's funny, but it also convinced me I was right—someone as smart as Jukashi should not be thinking of "Autochthonians in the North" as house rules.

Especially with that, but also just with Nova being in MoEP Alchemicals I'm half expecting Misho or someone to appear in the comics of whatever source book (or edition) comes out next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back