Keychain #376-380

Caelun_Niveus

New one I guess.

I figure that Jukashi wanted this earlier, but would have had a problem if Ten was chucking what would be assumed to be mortals into the air with air.

Uh oh. Wood Aspect + arrow equals a lot of hurt. Lets hope it's just poisoned. It would be a bit annoying if Ten died now.

Why is Ten Winds using a Charm to protect people with better defensive options than he has? And why is he not activating Bottomless Depths Defense or Unassailible Body of Air Defense to avoid getting shot?

Kyeudo said:
Why is Ten Winds using a Charm to protect people with better defensive options than he has?
Because Ten Winds thinks that if he tanks the Eye, then there's no real incentive to go after the others.

Kyeudo said:
Why is Ten Winds using a Charm to protect people with better defensive options than he has?
Because Ten Winds thinks that if he tanks the Eye, then there's no real incentive to go after the others.
They ARE only after them because they figured that Ten was there. Anathema on the Isle would be troublesome, but probably a secondary issue at the moment.

Then again, Neman Yi knows about the Keys, and likely so do the rest of Yu Shan (though they might not know about the Lion's new Key), so they probably know why Misho would be on the Isle...

Kyeudo said:
Why is Ten Winds using a Charm to protect people with better defensive options than he has? And why is he not activating Bottomless Depths Defense or Unassailible Body of Air Defense to avoid getting shot?
When has Ten Winds demonstrated Water Dragon Style charms?

Then again' date=' Neman Yi knows about the Keys, and likely so do the rest of Yu Shan[/quote']
You're assuming that Anemone gave up the whole story and isn't primarily working to advance her own motives.

Thanqol said:
Kyeudo said:
When has Ten Winds demonstrated Water Dragon Style charms?
Given that he was teaching Water Dragon Style to Secret...

Stupid jetpack Immaculate master...

Remind me' date=' Air Aspects do the whole ice thing, right?[/quote']
Yeah, with the whole Elemental Pole of Air = North Pole and whatnot.

They never completely decided on how to handle the ice and lightning that Air Aspect stuff seems to get. A lot of ice effects end up in water-based charms as well (Terrestrial Hero style? especially the expansions), but with Air locked into being the icy north, no matter how much lightning powers you give an Air Aspect, people will still think ice. I'm still rather surprised how well they keep the elemental charms 'pure' by having buffeting winds and choking water in so many instead of falling back on electric/ice effects.

Inverse said:
You saw the way Ten flew away?
That's not flying, that's jumping...with style
And later falling, with more style!

Also, I believe everyone must be tired of hearing, but originally Superman only "crossed long distances in a single bound"

They made him fly cause the FX were cheaper =D

DukeGod said:
Inverse said:
You saw the way Ten flew away?
That's not flying, that's jumping...with style
And later falling, with more style!

Also, I believe everyone must be tired of hearing, but originally Superman only "crossed long distances in a single bound"

They made him fly cause the FX were cheaper =D
Uuuugh, I really shouldn't have made my post. Now my head is flooded with really bad story ideas. :evil:

Come on Secret, THINK. The answer is simple. All you need to do it DODGE THE GROUND. If Fighter can block it, you can certainly dodge it. Use those charms!

Kalatash said:
Come on Secret, THINK. The answer is simple. All you need to do it DODGE THE GROUND. If Fighter can block it, you can certainly dodge it. Use those charms!
It's not easy. You need a two-die stunt at least.

Falling damage is my bane, and it's the best argument for Adamant Skin Technique. It's like, the only source of direct physical damage that can not be defeated (by default) with a Dodge or Parry Charm.

That said, hasn't Secret demonstrated an ability to Dodge the ground in the past?

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Kalatash said:

Falling damage is my bane, and it's the best argument for Adamant Skin Technique. It's like, the only source of direct physical damage that can not be defeated (by default) with a Dodge or Parry Charm.

That said, hasn't Secret demonstrated an ability to Dodge the ground in the past?
Malfeas would like you to meet Ablation of Brass and Fire...

Also, people around here keep talking about this "physics" thing. What are those again? Did they go insane?

DukeGod said:

Also, people around here keep talking about this "physics" thing. What are those again? Did they go insane?
They're an intentional byproduct of the Loom of Fate, meant to hold Creation together by creating Least Gods whose entire purpose is to make things go down.

Thankfully, the Pattern Spiders have hacked them so that they temporarily turn off whenever someone does something cool.

DukeGod said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
Kalatash said:

Ablation of Brass and Fire for the win.

Incoming apocalypse? No problem, I'll take it on the face. The most prominent user of this technique is, of course...

crimsonchin8.jpg

Kalatash said:
NEVER DODGE THE GROUND!

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Kalatash said:

Why can't a perfect parry beat fall damage? If you think about it Creation is just a really, really big projectile.

Is there a cannon reason for gravity? I got this iffy idea: Gravity is Creation's natural siphoning of essence from the Wyld. The farther away one is from Creation, the stronger this pull is felt. Like I said, it's an iffy idea. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back