Keychain #329-335

merle said:
I remember something about him using his own lower soul as one of the materials for the sword.
That...isn't that impossible, even for Exalted?
Of course. That's why Thrice-Radiant Misho kicked reason to the curb and went beyond the impossible!

Sometimes i Like to think Sol is related to Kamina.

That was a lovely read - and I keep forgetting that "impossible" just means "takes a bit of creative thinking" in Exalted. Here's hoping Misho has learned from his first incarnation's mistakes...

merle said:
That was a lovely read - and I keep forgetting that "impossible" just means "takes a bit of creative thinking" in Exalted. Here's hoping Misho has learned from his first incarnation's mistakes...
Sadly, he remembers all that stuff as well. His ignorance is still sacrificed (remember how he kept his sorcerous/necromantic initiations?). Perhaps, with a reduced Great Curse, he's not quite as impelled to be so tireless and reclusive, but there's no going back for him.

Kyeudo said:
Jukashi bats a 1.00 whenever he pulls out the prose. Yes' date=' I realize that is impossible in real baseball.[/quote']
Erm... wat?
Without knowing the first thing about baseball, I would guess it's a hit ratio. 1.000 would mean 100% hits, or at least so few misses that it doesn't show in the 3rd decimal.

Weimann said:
Without knowing the first thing about baseball, I would guess it's a hit ratio. 1.000 would mean 100% hits, or at least so few misses that it doesn't show in the 3rd decimal.
The phrase "Batting 1000" means you're not missing anything. This is because in baseball batting averages is expressed as a ratio (Hits/Total At Bats), meaning that it goes from 1.000 (theoretically) to 0.000. People read it off without the decimal, so it someone is batting 900, they hit 9 times out of 10 at bats. At least, that is what I understand based on cultural osmosis and having seen one game of minor league baseball.

Osmosis is perfectly applicable there. The concentration of baseball knowledge outside Kyeudo was greater than the concentration of baseball knowledge inside Kyeudo. Therefore...

Brickwall said:
Osmosis is perfectly applicable there. The concentration of baseball knowledge outside Kyeudo was greater than the concentration of baseball knowledge inside Kyeudo. Therefore...
Still diffusion. Osmosis is a very specific diffusion of water.

</pedantic scientist>

chalicier said:
Brickwall said:
Still diffusion. Osmosis is a very specific diffusion of water.

</pedantic scientist>
Aquatic baseball?

Also, awesome story. Amazing how you can take something we already know from what's posted on the forums, put it in a story, and make it just as cool anyway!

And now after reading from comic #1 and having no special love of solars, Misho has become my very favorite character.

Actually osmosis can be applied to any liquid not just water. Also, in the context, osmosis would be an appropriate analogy. So, both work.

jeriausx said:
Actually osmosis can be applied to any liquid not just water. Also, in the context, osmosis would be an appropriate analogy. So, both work.
Bit more research suggests specifically any solvent. So my A-level Chemistry teacher lied to me, the evil old coot.

chalicier said:
jeriausx said:
Bit more research suggests specifically any solvent. So my A-level Chemistry teacher lied to me, the evil old coot.
That's standard issue for high school at least. Most of the stuff there still works in principle, but you don't have any real accuracy from it.

I'm looking at you, kinetics. I hate you all because now that i'm studying fluid mechanics.

Let me guess next set of panels. Ten is covered with blood while there isn't anything on secret despite she was closer to pig. Why? Simple answer 'Dodge Charms' :P

Looks like Secret actually has a knack for Water Dragon Style. How many first timers can blow up a pig with a finger poke?

chalicier said:
jeriausx said:
In your chemistry teacher's defense, it's hard to image a liquid which couldn't be a solvent of something.

Kyeudo said:
Looks like Secret actually has a knack for Water Dragon Style. How many first timers can blow up a pig with a finger poke?
She could have a knack for causing horrible, bloody explosions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back