Keychain #246 - #250

Shush you! You're the artist so of course you're not satisfied. No go sit in a cafe somewhere smoking cigarettes and being tortured...

Which brings up another thought, does arcane fate obscure the Sidereals as a group, or as individuals? Do you have to roll to remember that Sidereals exist, or just to remember specific Sidereals?

magnificentmomo said:
Which brings up another thought, does arcane fate obscure the Sidereals as a group, or as individuals? Do you have to roll to remember that Sidereals exist, or just to remember specific Sidereals?
Both.

Looks to me like Racer LITERALLY threw them out of town. Which seems... somewhat like him, even though we barely know him.

Racer wins bonus points from me for delivering such a terrible pun via a third party.

There's "Throw", and there's "Lunar Strength Excellencies as applied to improvised thrown weapon ranges."

This is clearly the latter.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
There's "Throw", and there's "Lunar Strength Excellencies as applied to improvised thrown weapon ranges."
This is clearly the latter.
Yeddim goes over the Moon style Martial Arts.

The Maidens are not responsible for the results of comboing such things with Cascade of Cutting Terror.

So does anyone have any good guesses as to what purpose Racer is going to put to in the story? In this scene, it seemed to me, he didn't do anything but make the scene more confusing while accomplishing things that the already existing characters could have done nearly as easily. So why was he introduced at this moment?

Any entertaining hypotheses out there?

Tyrrell said:
So does anyone have any good guesses as to what purpose Racer is going to put to in the story? In this scene, it seemed to me, he didn't do anything but make the scene more confusing while accomplishing things that the already existing characters could have done nearly as easily. So why was he introduced at this moment?
Well, Marena was apparently planning to meet with him already, so he just showed up a little early. As far as it goes from a storytelling perspective, my guesses are that he's in there to provide a little extra comic relief and act as a "light-side" counterpoint to Ben, and that he might have some vital information on where to find the moonsilver key (seeing as how the locator cards are kind of imprecise).

Also: Racer, Ben, and the fae leader, all in the same room together. I can't decide whether they'd be amusing or annoying. Probably annoying, if there's no straight-man in sight to play off of.

Nerrin said:
Tyrrell said:
Well, Marena was apparently planning to meet with him already, so he just showed up a little early. As far as it goes from a storytelling perspective, my guesses are that he's in there to provide a little extra comic relief and act as a "light-side" counterpoint to Ben, and that he might have some vital information on where to find the moonsilver key (seeing as how the locator cards are kind of imprecise).

Also: Racer, Ben, and the fae leader, all in the same room together. I can't decide whether they'd be amusing or annoying. Probably annoying, if there's no straight-man in sight to play off of.
Racer, Ben, Faerie Boy, all of them playing off of...

Oooh, I know.

Little Beam! ^_^

Has anybody else noticed that we never see Mew Cai and Racer at the same time? I'm just sayin'. . . .
And? we never see Racer, Mew Cai, Nova OR the kitten being kicked by the kitten kicking DB in the same place at the sameOHMYGOD!

Newbie/lurker reporting in.

Tyrrell said:
To bring more awesome? Isn't that a valid excuse for anything in Exalted?

He could be a counter to the appearance of the Keysid. Usually Misho and co. only have hostile encounters on their travels. Racer's appearance may be nothing more than a remainder that the group can also meet allies every now and then.

But I'll be pleased if his real purpose is simply to show two lunars horsing around, however briefly.

Tyrrell said:
So does anyone have any good guesses as to what purpose Racer is going to put to in the story?
Juk is exploiting some of Marena's background dots?

Also, is it just me, or does it look like Ten Winds may have been a victim of a couple of Favorable Inflection Procedures, if you know what I mean :3

There seem to be an awful lot of white veils in today's comic. I wonder if it means anything ...

-cdi

Well, they are obviously not members of the nonexistent white veil society, and this comic certainly doesn't imply that Racer is a member of this nonexistent society.

Read the Scroll of the Monk for more (less) information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back