Keychain #246 - #250

Am I the only one who's seeing this expression on Secret?

dosebunspa9.th.jpg

Jukashi, please answer these two questions;

Will there be pirates? And will you add your own personal touch to them?

You know, I just noticed that we have all five exalt types*, and all five have their anima showing. Nice effect for them all.

*Infernals and Alchemicals don't count, they aren't in the core book, and thus are supplements, rather then base types. Kinda.

I count Abyssals and Infernals as Solars, since their core Shards are the same.

So, IMO, the five types are:

Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragon-Blooded and Alchemicals.

Aasharu said:
Infernals
I wonder, will we be seeing them in the comic?
If we do see them, I'd guess they'd be working at cross purposes against the Abyssals. After all, the Infernals probably want the keys to free the Yozi's, while the Abyssals want them... well, FaFL probably wants them to free himself from his armor. Not sure what specifically they could do with the Neverborn. Free them from death? Free them from existance? Dunno.

OK, so, we have the Sidereal leaving, conclusive proof that she's not a member of the Bronze faction, an ambiguous prophecy that isn't shared due to dislike, and Ten Winds trying to sneak away and failing. Pretty good for a conclusion.

Also, proof that Ten Winds isn't Kejak.

Aasharu said:
OK, so, we have the Sidereal leaving, conclusive proof that she's not a member of the Bronze faction, an ambiguous prophecy that isn't shared due to dislike, and Ten Winds trying to sneak away and failing. Pretty good for a conclusion.
That's what they want you to think. "I attack you and I snap your hair ribbon" is the prearranged code for "pretend I'm not who I am and pretend you belong to the Gold Faction."

ShadowDragon8685 said:
That's what they want you to think. "I attack you and I snap your hair ribbon" is the prearranged code for "pretend I'm not who I am and pretend you belong to the Gold Faction."
But Ten Winds undid his hair at the start of the fight! How does that work?

Can someone translate please? I don't care for all of these heiroglyphs. How do you all know what they mean anyway?

Tal9922 said:
Can someone translate please? I don't care for all of these heiroglyphs. How do you all know what they mean anyway?
Dreams of the First Age: Lands of Creation has an appendix on Old Realm Script.

This can mean only one thing! The Sidereals infiltrated Creation mostly through specially-crafted resplendencies of barbers and hair-dressers! I mean, think about it! They analyse you closely, they can slit your throat quietly, and they chat with you often, saying things that you shouldn't, and the conversations that you don't recall. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

"We are the Friendly Razors of the Stars, and we are here to cut your thread."

Oh, by the way; I don't even try. I just watch this thread wait for someone more convicted to translate it for us.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Aasharu said:
You, uh... you need to get out more.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
There is also that little matter of Ten Winds using Unassailable Body of Air Defense in his fight with the redsid. This means that he's either a DB or an Eclipse pretending to be a DB.

-cdi, "thinks the latter is unlikely"

cdi said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
There is also that little matter of Ten Winds using Unassailable Body of Air Defense in his fight with the redsid. This means that he's either a DB or an Eclipse pretending to be a DB.

Or Marena disguised as Ten simply poured a bunch of motes into Halting the Scarlet Flow and regenerated the damage, while stunting to make it look like Unassailable Body of Air Defense.

cdi said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:

Or Marena disguised as Ten simply poured a bunch of motes into Halting the Scarlet Flow and regenerated the damage, while stunting to make it look like Unassailable Body of Air Defense.
... You people make my brain hurt.

Oh, I know! Ten Winds was originally killed by an Infernal, who used Black Mirror Shintai to take his place, and then joined up with our heroes, and is now just waiting for the right moment to betray them! And it was all planned out by Ligier, who has actually been the Unconquered Sun all along! Except the Unconquered Sun is actually Luna shapeshifted! It's crazy man! Crazy!

I thought my theory that Ten is the Scarlet Empress wearing a false beard (based solely on what keysid said about everyone looking for 'him') was too crazy to mention, but I am beginning to think that it is actually too mundane a theory.

Ten winds is actually the God oof wacky consiracy theories and all of this is actually providing him with a sizable lump of ambrosia?

I agree the spell is Travel Without Distance. The sidereal still had 25 motes, huh? Impressive after all that obscenely reality-breaking charm usage :shock:

Meanwhile, Ten keeps going up the Awesome-o-meter. And he broke Eleven, like, a dozen awesome things ago!

By the way, what they want from him tha tthey won't let him go? Answers (most likely, I presume)? To help Misho? Or something I missed?

danelsan said:
I agree the spell is Travel Without Distance. The sidereal still had 25 motes, huh? Impressive after all that obscenely reality-breaking charm usage :shock:
Meanwhile, Ten keeps going up the Awesome-o-meter. And he broke Eleven, like, a dozen awesome things ago!

By the way, what they want from him tha tthey won't let him go? Answers (most likely, I presume)? To help Misho? Or something I missed?
Nope, he's trying to sneak away so that they don't ask him any questions. Basically, replace Marena's line in the last panel with "Ten Winds! You've got some explaining to do young man!"

Wait, so the Sidereal's line actually was a prophecy she doesn't want Secret to know the true meaning of? Back on Monday I was going to postulate in the other thread that it was an implication that the Keys can open Monstrances of Celestial Portion, but then I decided not to after double-checking the Abyssal book and rediscovering that destroying a Monstrance doesn't de-Abyssal-ize the Exaltation.

I now return to my original hypothesis: The Keys can open Monstrances, and could win back the exaltations lost the Neverborn. The Sidereals know this, explaining why they want the Keys... the Gold Faction could gain another ~100 Solars, and even Bronzes might just free them anyway, just to be rid of the hassle of ~100 Exalts who are outside of Fate. Whether FaFL knows this and is hoping to prevent such a thing from happening or just has other plans for the keys remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back