Keychain 226-230

I dunno.

I'm expecting this to turn into a grand battle royale, with everyone against the Sidereal, the Sidereal against everyone, and Keychain Circle against the Abyssals.

If she's as high essence as has been insinuated, if she's not built with a few glaring weaknesses that will let the Abyssals almost-stop her, then the comic is pretty far done.

Think about it, it would really screw the game over if a Sidereal pops in, steals your MacGuffin, and then pops out again, leaving you fighting your enemies and with no way to save the world, right?

It would be twice as screw-over for a comic to do so. It would be as if, during LotR, half-way up Barahadras, some random megapowered wanker had shown up, paralyzed Gandalf, Boromir, Merry, Pippin and Sam, beat Aragon senseless with Gimli before tossing the dwarf up onto a cliff 100 feet higher, then ripped the Ring off of Frodo's neck, and said "you mortals can't be trusted with this, have fun playing with Sauron. Ciao!" And then buggered off somewhere where the Fellowship couldn't even follow without being almost instantly slain, let alone seriously standing a chance of getting it back.

It wouldn't make a good story.

#229 up.

Ah! So that's what the charm does. That actually makes a lot more sense then it dealing damage. Unless you're a sidereal, you can't move through comic frames =p.

It apears that our Sidereal has used the comic divider to pin Ben to the Second Wall (or is it yesterday's Fourth Wall?). I approve.

Nice touch.

The question is, though; why didn't Marena ask Karen?

Wait a minute. Ben's a Midnight? How did I miss that?

Not totally on topic, but do we know the Sidereal's name? I'm sure its mentioned somewhere, but I've not searched through the Archive to find the comic she was initially introduced in.

No, it's not mentioned.

But Karen could still answer with a nod or a shaking of head. She's dumb, not deaf.

Of course, now that I think of it, she could have known that, somehow.

And then there's the fact that the comic's just not big enough.

Uh-oh! Abyssal-O!

She put Cluivnarhe away without drawing blood, let alone getting it on the blade.

Hope she remembers, because Unexpected attacks while you're trying to slee suck.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Uh-oh! Abyssal-O!
She put Cluivnarhe away without drawing blood, let alone getting it on the blade.

Hope she remembers, because Unexpected attacks while you're trying to slee suck.
You actually can't see either of her hands so it might still be in one of the hands you can't see.

**EDIT** Or not, there's the belt.

I wonder if possessing multiple Keys has a mental effect on you, like you solve all problems using Keys, and you assume people without Keys are unimportant.

"I'm going to have to think up something good to make up for all this!"?

Well, I had thought about recommending a few Wednesday strips earlier...

But I am easily satisfied by stick-figure fanservice
thatsmileyto4.gif

But seriously, a few extra updates when you feel better would be nice.

Any other suggestions by fellow forum users here?

krrackknut said:
By the way, what just happened?
AFAICT, Marena jumped into the fire in some direction probably toward Misho. Secret was going to follow her, but Karen pointed her at the Martian. Secret changed Clulkjdfghweio into a belt, and swiped the Orichalcum Keyblade from the Martian, leaving her with only the Starmetal Key to try to coup-de-gras the pinned Ben. Meanwhile, Flame is doing something, as is Ten.

Ribusprissin said:
AFAICT, Marena jumped into the fire in some direction probably toward Misho. Secret was going to follow her, but Karen pointed her at the Martian. Secret changed Clulkjdfghweio into a belt, and swiped the Orichalcum Keyblade from the Martian, leaving her with only the Starmetal Key to try to coup-de-gras the pinned Ben. Meanwhile, Flame is doing something, as is Ten.
Cluivnarihe (had to gank it from the Favorite KoC Character 2.0! Thread because I can't spell it either).
I pronounce it Clu-VEN-air, but I was thinking that Cleaving-Hair might work and be easier to spell, as well as having a few minor similarities to the actual weapon (the full blown tentacle-thing might even be good for the old Demon Barber of Fleet Street treatment on a small scale (say five or ten people at once).

A fairly green Abyssal just snatched the Keyblade out of the grip of an experienced Sidereal? Well, I certainly didn't expect that.

Well, I think Flame and Ben are pretty much out of picture. I'm not even sure that Flame is still present.

Ten Winds hasn't appeared since he flattened a trio of zombies with a table.

So, it looks like it's just Secret and Karen versus Marva the Martian. At least the latter doesn't have the element of surprise any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back