Keychain 161 - 165

So would Ten be his exaltation and Winds his caste, or vice versa?

Or is he a Mahjongg exalt from the Winds clan, Ten being his personal rank?

Sheesh, people!

Ten Winds is obviously an Immaculate Monk under the influence of Five Days Darkness using a Ride Charm.

It explains every Martial Arts maneuver he has ever used, every piece of First Age lore he seems to have known and everything he does to put the Celestials back into power.

This way they owe him a bunch of favors and he gets to become an official Yu-Shan god and maybe even find a way to withstand being around his brother.

He just wants a turning of the Age family reunion. Get a Solar to summon Liger and the whole family can sit around getting drunk and playing the Games of Divinity.

Le' Gasp!

Thats why he joined up with Misho!

Misho is already a Celestial Sorcerer, Ten-Days Darkness is just trying to get him to jump up a level!

Jukashi, you mad genius!

Excalmation!

You're right! That must mean that Thrice-Radiant Misho is the reincarnation of Kamina!

I want that big panel as a wallpaper or something. Not because of the gigantic boobs, but because it's pretty awesome. The boobs are appreciated, though.

And Nova is apparently a master of multitasking. Holding a conversation while fighting two other Exalts has got to be tricky.

I effing love that all the security force extras leave. Its great that you can express a look of pure "screw that!" emotion with fancy stick figures.

I wonder what's happening to Secret in there. Anyone think she might find something in there? Something random like a skull and a bone of some sort.

This comic wasn't a very good one, in my opinion. It didn't advance the story in any meaningful way, it didn't give us new insight into an important character's personality, it didn't have much action in it... All it did was tell a joke that was, well, kinda lame.

That it came right after a comic in which Misho started casting God-Forged Champion of War, while Secret is still stuck in Nova's stomach-analog, is just an extra slap in the face.

This comic wasn't a very good one, in my opinion. It didn't advance the story in any meaningful way, it didn't give us new insight into an important character's personality, it didn't have much action in it... All it did was tell a joke that was, well, kinda lame.
That it came right after a comic in which Misho started casting God-Forged Champion of War, while Secret is still stuck in Nova's stomach-analog, is just an extra slap in the face.
I understand where you're coming from. My problem was that I wanted a "gap" between Misho starting his Cast Sorcery action and the point where the warstrider appeared. I also wanted to remind the reader of the entirety of the situation, since Nova's current size means I normally only show parts of her body; it's important the you get the conscious idea (rather than just the "oh yeah" afterthought) that she's doing several things at once.

However, I wasn't able to think up a way to do this as well as I would have liked, so I settled for a splash page with an added three panels that add a little joke and also explain why her "loyal subjects" aren't helping her.

Sorry.

lumber's opinion is by no means the popular one. I am really glad you put a break between Cast Sorcery and OMFGiantrobot. It's a good splash page.

While I can understand the "argh! want more action RIGHT NOW!", I agree with Jukashi's reasons. I think it will flow better in the Archives in terms of pacing to have the extra page in there.

That said, Nova's pose is very stiff. I feel bad saying this, as Jukashi said he has trouble drawing her. I'm not certain this is constructive at all, but she seems very well-balanced. Perhaps too well-balanced: A body in motion is unbalanced, and throwing her weight to one side or the other might make the pose more dynamic and convey a better sense of the battle. (Everyone else's poses, in contrast, are fabulous.)

I kinda noticed that as well. Looking at it, I think she is a bit weighty on the stage-left side, but not really enough.

Cats can balance on three legs while pawing at something with their fourth. I don't think ginormous boobs change that. Though I've heard they change a lot with balance. Even if they aren't free-hanging.

In other news, the "No Fae" sign makes me suspect there will be Fae.

Brickwall said:
Cats can balance on three legs while pawing at something with their fourth. I don't think ginormous boobs change that. Though I've heard they change a lot with balance. Even if they aren't free-hanging.
Well, her rear end is bigger proportionally a real lion's would be, so... it equals out? Although her head is also bigger.

Jukashi said:
Brickwall said:
I don't think ginormous boobs change that. Though I've heard they change a lot with balance. Even if they aren't free-hanging.
Well, her rear end is bigger proportionally a real lion's would be.

Are we sure there isn't some fetishist subtext here?

Are we sure there isn't some fetishist subtext here?
All I was trying to do was get that proper sphinx blend of human woman and winged lion in quadruped form. I did what I had to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back