Keychain 127 - 130

Also' date=' nothing prevents someone from slapping a Soul Gem in the head of an Exalt, offing them, and figuring that since they Exalted before, surely they are cool enough to be put in a new shiny Alchemical body. Exactly what this results in, though, and how much of past memories such an Alchemical has, is, of course, up to debate. Some memories at least go through, and it's not impossible they would end up with some similarities in appearance to a past self, changes due to being an Alchemical, such as pasty grey skin, weird hair colors, and odd Magical Material bits sticking out here and there not withstanding.[/quote']
Wait...what? I thought that Alchemicals kind of 'grew' that soul gem the same way other Exalts gain their caste marks?

merle said:
Wait...what? I thought that Alchemicals kind of 'grew' that soul gem the same way other Exalts gain their caste marks?
Nope. Everyone in Autochthonia has a soulgem, mortals and Alchemicals alike. They're implants.

On that note, is Nova's soulgem the right shape? I heard Alchemicals had a certain shape to theirs, but I couldn't find it in the book so I just gave her to sodalite one.

Page 186 says "Unlike those implanted in mortals, Alchemical soulgems are flawless, many-faceted diamonds", whereas the ones for the Soalts are "diamond-shaped amethyst". Interpret that as you will.

Flagg said:
Page 186 says "Unlike those implanted in mortals, Alchemical soulgems are flawless, many-faceted diamonds", whereas the ones for the Soalts are "diamond-shaped amethyst". Interpret that as you will.
In other words, you should probably make it white instead of amethyst.

And, as an added note, Alchemical eyes are apparently their most human feature, unless they deliberately have them replaced. While that's obviously the case with "Karen" here, the other two should supposedly have normal looking non-shiny eyes. This is news to me, and I really don't see why you should change what you have. Just thought I'd mention what Time of Tumult has to say on the matter.

Brickwall said:
Just thought I'd mention what Time of Tumult has to say on the matter.
ToT should be considered almost entirely obsolete. It was a placeholder and much of what it says was overridden in the Auto book.

Very cool. Despite my thorough 'mheh' attitude towards Alchemicals, Juk is making this fairly interesting. Loved the mad scientist monologue too.

BTW, what the hell does Blossom of Harmonious Aethers have in her arms in the last frame? A hammer, nails and wood to repair the door?

Oh, dear...

I hope that she's not the type to be destructive with her test subjects...

I guess I've been spoiled by Girl Genius, but I'm used to my mad scientists being at least mostly benevolent. Ah, well. If she's nasty, maybe we'll get to see the metal Manse blow up!

BTW' date=' what the hell does Blossom of Harmonious Aethers have in her arms in the last frame? A hammer, nails and wood to repair the door?[/quote']
Looks like it to me.

Nova looks like she's based on Washuu of Tenchi Muyo fame... I was half-expecting mini-puppets to pop up declaring the genius of Nova... :lol:

Blossom is laughing, and Ten is ribbing her. Ten is making some kind of joke, and clearly ingratiating himself with the local powers. Or something.

Also, the Soulsteel dude left. To where, I wonder?

God damn it man, I get enough of that joke from my linguistics department already. I hereby file an official complaint and will not cease to complain until you are properly punished.

Oh man, that was a belly-jiggling chuckle.

Also, stand-up is totally what Marena would do in a Modern Exalted game as her day-job. Well, that, or be a super-high-priced call girl, just because she can.

Words can not properly capture a discription of this masterpiece. It's simultaneously a bad pun, a good joke, hilarious innuendo, and fanservice.

Jukashi's playing a dangerous game pandering to his already questionable fanbase in this manner.

This is not an insult, because I like the results.

How_to_write_Webcomics__by_jollyjack.jpg

American riots.

Bust out all of the windows, steal as much as you can and pretty much try to tear up everything in sight.

Now add that up with several hundred people doing it at the same time.

We North Americans know how to do the whole violence shtick.

And we don't even need a good sporting event to start it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back