• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Jiyûnoha: The Warriors of Freedom (rp starting soon, jump in quick))

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Honorless heathens, Heroic fighters, Warriors for the sake of war.
The Jiyûnoha are called many things...
20240604_151151.jpg
They themselves agree the name "Jiyûnoha" stands for a principle or duty rather then a physical thing that can be broken or person that can be slain. The Jiyûnoha call themselves blades, warriors, guardians. What they fight for? What they give their lives to gain and protect? Freedom.
Freedom from corruption, from oppression, freedom for everyone in the lands of Shimanari.
2406a4a279004e06aa92971b870fd054.jpeg
The Shimanari consists of many islands and within the mainland of the centre is the Grand capital of Idai. I'll be posting a lore page along with a map later so I'll just touch on how the story starts...

Over two hundred years ago a civil war erupted in Shimanari between the Northern Alliance and the Southern factions. The Alliance won, the first act taken by the new Shogun was to force the country into isolation. None could leave and none could enter, the punishment against these crimes being death.
This isolation ended when ships from the lands of Famrica arrived. Attacking these ships resulted in the destruction of many Shimanari boats and the fishing town of Cawai being decimated.
Famrica have fused magic into weapons, their strength being more powerful then the Nari samurai could even hope to match. The Shogun faced a difficult choice, knowing the country could be destroyed or worse his authority taken from him, the Shogun surrendered. Offering up Shimanari and allowing foriegners into the lands...
Shimanari has been a vassal state to Famrica for twenty two years. During this time the nari population suffered greatly, It is the corruption of Shimanari and the cruelty of Famrica that brought about the Jiyûnoha.
The Jiyûnoha aim to take back their home, by any means necessary...
=================================================================================
=================================================================================
This is a world of magic and monsters. As the players would be making characters from Shimanari I'll explain their way of using magic briefly here.
People of Shimanari are born with a guardian spirit that watches over them, this spirit is capable of magic and a person can use their spirit as a conduit for a magic. A spirit can be a animal, a monster, some spirits are more humanoid. Regardless of a spirit's shape or size they are only capable of one type of magic.
A example being...
Fox spirit = fire magic.
Snake spirit = poison magic.
Wolf spirit = thunder magic
20240605_105757.jpg
Though the magic a spirit wields isn't set in stone. Spirits can be found in the wild and made into guardians by ritualistic means.
A Shimanari warrior with multiple guardians is well respected and rightly feared.
==================================================================================================================================================================
Im hoping for five or six players capable of posting multiple paragraphs once maybe twice a week.

Cs page is here

If you have questions or want to show interest please post below and I will reply at the earliest convenience.

Last edited:
would be interesting to see where the idea goes.
My friend, said idea is a full campaign of freedom fighters doing whatever they can to liberate their archipelago country. The only thing stopping it from "going" is players participating...

The Jiyûnoha have a long arduous journey ahead of them...
Plus they get to discover the equivalent of magic six shooters, that should be fun.

As Gintama is based on the edo period and this has magic, you are absolutely right.

The discord server is bare bones atm but you can still have a invite if you pm me.

The CS page and anything else I need to write up will be done in the next day or three. I'll tag people from this check where relevant.

Anyone interested in this please don't hesitate to ask questions or join the discord. People step out, people ghost, people sometimes forget all about something they were keen on.

There's no reservations for spots an roles, once I have between five or seven accepted characters it starts. Wanna know a little secret?

You could make one of those accepted characters!

CS page is coming soon, though if you want a head start on your cs here's three tips.

1) Decide on a spirit, a ghost that watches over and assists your character in subtle (sometimes violent) ways and allows them to use magic. Having a picture helps.

2) decide on a magic type, this can be a element like fire or water or something more abstract like illusions or healing...Your character is capable of acquiring more magic or even starting with multiple... So don't feel caged by decisions.

3) Leave room to grow, that is in terms of power/skill alongside backstory.
If someone is playing a Daimyo, maybe your a samurai or shinobi in service to them. Not that familiarity between characters will be enforced, you could make someone who joins the Jiyûnoha resistance rather then help found it.

images-1.jpeg
Monsters of Shimanari include the Hayainu, a wolf capable of teleportation. Some have managed to tame these creatures by raising them whilst still pups, though this is difficult...

Just wanna remind any potential players they can ask questions here or for the ooc discord

I'm interested!
Feel free to post a character or ask questions to help that process here or in a pm. If you want a link to the discord I can also provide that though it isn't much lol

That goes for anyone keen on this

What culture is Famrica based off of? Europeans? Are they a specific country?
Mostly based off America during the edo period though some other countries would be mixed into Famrica for flavour.
Big take away though is they have better weapons and magic along with a superiority complex

Ok cool. Can someone from any social class become a Jiyûnoha?
Yes, Jiyûnoha are freedom fighters for their homeland any can join or help.

Though I prefer the main characters to be from Shimanari rather than outsiders.

Honorless heathens, Heroic fighters, Warriors for the sake of war.
The Jiyûnoha are called many things...
View attachment 1165849
They themselves agree the name "Jiyûnoha" stands for a principle or duty rather then a physical thing that can be broken or person that can be slain. The Jiyûnoha call themselves blades, warriors, guardians. What they fight for? What they give their lives to gain and protect? Freedom.
Freedom from corruption, from oppression, freedom for everyone in the lands of Shimanari.
View attachment 1165832
The Shimanari consists of many islands and within the mainland of the centre is the Grand capital of Idai. I'll be posting a lore page along with a map later so I'll just touch on how the story starts...

Over two hundred years ago a civil war erupted in Shimanari between the Northern Alliance and the Southern factions. The Alliance won, the first act taken by the new Shogun was to force the country into isolation. None could leave and none could enter, the punishment against these crimes being death.
This isolation ended when ships from the lands of Famrica arrived. Attacking these ships resulted in the destruction of many Shimanari boats and the fishing town of Cawai being decimated.
Famrica have fused magic into weapons, their strength being more powerful then the Nari samurai could even hope to match. The Shogun faced a difficult choice, knowing the country could be destroyed or worse his authority taken from him, the Shogun surrendered. Offering up Shimanari and allowing foriegners into the lands...
Shimanari has been a vassal state to Famrica for twenty two years. During this time the nari population suffered greatly, It is the corruption of Shimanari and the cruelty of Famrica that brought about the Jiyûnoha.
The Jiyûnoha aim to take back their home, by any means necessary...
This is a world of magic and monsters. As the players would be making characters from Shimanari I'll explain their way of using magic briefly here.
People of Shimanari are born with a guardian spirit that watches over them, this spirit is capable of magic and a person can use their spirit as a conduit for a magic. A spirit can be a animal, a monster, some spirits are more humanoid. Regardless of a spirit's shape or size they are only capable of one type of magic.
A example being...
Fox spirit = fire magic.
Snake spirit = poison magic.
Wolf spirit = thunder magic
View attachment 1166047
Though the magic a spirit wields isn't set in stone. Spirits can be found in the wild and made into guardians by ritualistic means.
A Shimanari warrior with multiple guardians is well respected and rightly feared.
==================================================================================================================================================================
Im hoping for five or six players capable of posting multiple paragraphs once maybe twice a week.

Cs page is here

If you have questions or want to show interest please post below and I will reply at the earliest convenience.
I would really enjoy this. I am known as the writer in my family and would be more than happy and capable of doing this. I really hope I'm not too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back