• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy It's a Modern Fantasy Roleplay! Yay!

King Of Imagination

Jak, The Third J of the Apocalypse
Hello to anyone who actually took the time to click on this. I'm King, or Koi, or Fish, whatever it is you decide to call me, that's me. I've been roleplaying on here for a couple years now, but this is going to be the first roleplay of this scale I attempt to create. So first, let me pain a picture for you:

You live in a world not dissimilar from ours. There are great sprawling cities, people and technology are abundant, and excluding the occasional Dragon attack, things are pretty normal. So anyway- Wait, did I say Dragon?! OF COURSE I SAID DRAGON! This is a fantasy roleplay of course, where not only does technology run wild, but so does magic! Traversing the streets are any number of things, whether they be humans, or centaurs, or unicorns, yes, UNICORNS! One city in particular seems to be a focal point for all of this, the massive Metropolis of Atria, where pretty much all of the major activity goes on.

But it's not just normal day to day things. Regularly you can find mages battling it our for various artifacts, people going out to hunt monsters for profit, and yes, Dragons flying over the city. So, sounds awesome right? You got your cellphones and your guns, and then you can shoot fireballs from your hands and make objects float with a word. Well, clearly that's awesome, it's like every kid's dream, and even some adults.

Not only that, but once every four years, a competition is held within the city. This is where things really get interesting. It's basically a city-wide battle royale, using any method you desire to to beat your competitors. However, it's not actually sanctioned by the city, and as such, you need to be careful when breaking laws, and especially if you kill people. The Law will come down hard on you if you get caught :D . "What about the prize? Is there one?" Well, it's a competition, so yeah, there's a prize. The winner recieves... a brand new car!!! Nah, just kidding, it's a wish-granting device, three wishes, all that shit. No rules either. Just make a wish, and boom, wish granted. Well, I mean, there are some rules. No wishing for more wishes, no wishing for the death of every living thing on the planet, no wishing to always win the wish granting device in question. Ya know, stuff like that.

But anyway, yeah, so that's the basic premise. I'll flesh it out eventually, I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. But anyway, you can basically be anything you want, you can use magic, you can use fire-arms, you can use swords, and can use firearms that shoot flaming magical swords... there will be some PVP, but you can do more than just fight. You can do a lot of every-day life things too. Shop, have a relationship, have a job, ride a dragon, go monster hunting. Ya know, normal stuff

My goal is to make this a hosted project simply due to the enormous scale of what I'm trying to do, so those of you that took the time to read this, Thank you, and if you're interested please, post down below. Any ideas you might have would be much appreciated as well!

I'm Totally not Insane,

King Of Imagination​

It's funny, just yesterday I was complaining and moaning to a friend about how every fantasy RP these days is dragons and knights, battling it out for the royal king, and now this comes up, haha. I'm game.

-picks up phone-

"Oh, hey honey... Nothing too much, just got off work, relaxing at ho-.... Chad... CHAD.. Stop summoning zombie hordes and help me with the dishes! No, I do not appreciate them trying to eat my neighbors. It doesn't matter if you were going to put them back.. No, Chad.. No......... So anyways hon-... OH COME ON.. Chad, why did you let an imp in the house?!"

Yep, I can see a few laughs being made. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it!

@xxlifexx Post as often as you want, my only request will be a minimum of a decent paragraph. Post all day, every day, once every couple of days, or show up once a week and post

Question: Would this start out as a standard RP and you later ask about a HP or will you go straight for it?

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]a city-wide battle royale, using any method you desire to to beat your competitors

[/QUOTE]
Count me in!

Well... I'm new on this site but "battle royale" sounds like a jolly good idea. But just one question. Do i have to be a humanoid or can I be for example some weird green thing (totaly not Jelly) in a suit of armor? Count me in :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally not insane. Totally cool.

Here's hoping the second phrase sounded less sarcastic than the first.

I'm interested.

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]and can use firearms that shoot flaming magical swords...

[/QUOTE]
*Jumps on a table* I'M IN!

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]Hello to anyone who actually took the time to click on this. I'm King, or Koi, or Fish, whatever it is you decide to call me, that's me. I've been roleplaying on here for a couple years now, but this is going to be the first roleplay of this scale I attempt to create. So first, let me pain a picture for you:
You live in a world not dissimilar from ours. There are great sprawling cities, people and technology are abundant, and excluding the occasional Dragon attack, things are pretty normal. So anyway- Wait, did I say Dragon?! OF COURSE I SAID DRAGON! This is a fantasy roleplay of course, where not only does technology run wild, but so does magic! Traversing the streets are any number of things, whether they be humans, or centaurs, or unicorns, yes, UNICORNS! One city in particular seems to be a focal point for all of this, the massive Metropolis of Atria, where pretty much all of the major activity goes on.

But it's not just normal day to day things. Regularly you can find mages battling it our for various artifacts, people going out to hunt monsters for profit, and yes, Dragons flying over the city. So, sounds awesome right? You got your cellphones and your guns, and then you can shoot fireballs from your hands and make objects float with a word. Well, clearly that's awesome, it's like every kid's dream, and even some adults.

Not only that, but once every four years, a competition is held within the city. This is where things really get interesting. It's basically a city-wide battle royale, using any method you desire to to beat your competitors. However, it's not actually sanctioned by the city, and as such, you need to be careful when breaking laws, and especially if you kill people. The Law will come down hard on you if you get caught :D . "What about the prize? Is there one?" Well, it's a competition, so yeah, there's a prize. The winner recieves... a brand new car!!! Nah, just kidding, it's a wish-granting device, three wishes, all that shit. No rules either. Just make a wish, and boom, wish granted. Well, I mean, there are some rules. No wishing for more wishes, no wishing for the death of every living thing on the planet, no wishing to always win the wish granting device in question. Ya know, stuff like that.

But anyway, yeah, so that's the basic premise. I'll flesh it out eventually, I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. But anyway, you can basically be anything you want, you can use magic, you can use fire-arms, you can use swords, and can use firearms that shoot flaming magical swords... there will be some PVP, but you can do more than just fight. You can do a lot of every-day life things too. Shop, have a relationship, have a job, ride a dragon, go monster hunting. Ya know, normal stuff

My goal is to make this a hosted project simply due to the enormous scale of what I'm trying to do, so those of you that took the time to read this, Thank you, and if you're interested please, post down below. Any ideas you might have would be much appreciated as well!

I'm Totally not Insane,

King Of Imagination​

[/QUOTE]
WOW! This is magnificent. It's rainbows, sparkles, unicorns, and fire all rolled into one! I'm intrigued!

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]

I'm Totally not Insane,

King Of Imagination​

[/QUOTE]
From your idea, I find this hard to believe for it must come from a mind of a mad scientist. xD

Also, I am interested.

This sounds AMAZING, I'm totally in for this!

Mfw+education+_02afa4bfad44cd8d4ecefc7677c998c3.jpg

Insert a 'Yet' in the pic!

Wait a sec! @Salt Lord how do you keep finding me?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back