So I'll just list some stuff I've watched

SAO- loved it

Naruto- was good

One piece- kick ass

Fate/Zero- kick ass

Helsing- hell yea

And a lot of other stuff partially watched that I've forgotten

Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't kept up with it, but I did like Tokyo Ghoul, which is just really, really dark but I did like the main protagonist's psychological struggles... Also, try Samurai Champloo, acclaimed series mixing elements of both feudal Japan with hip-hop, with a good soundtrack and a really engaging story.

I'd also try Ghost in the Shell, IGPX, also if you are a big fan of shounen series, go watch Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood. Just all around amazing.

Black Cat - action, shounen stuff, amazing and hilarious characters.

Star Driver - mecha, hilarity and awesome fights

Black Lagoon - a bit more mature, gunfights, violence

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan - Demon Yakuza stuff. Shounen action, battles, so forth.

Soul Eater - action, shounen, kinda classic imo.

Yowapeda - the bicycling sports anime.

I would recommend Fate/Zero _ A modern fantasy battle Royale with mages, mythical beings, and hit men all fighting for the holy grail.

Natural progression would be Fate Stay Night UBW currently airing then.

Kiseijuu, Psycho Pass, Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah Zero are all solid recent choices.

Hrm. Perhaps you should try watching Darker Than Black? It's an anime about an assassin with supernatural powers as a result of an a spatial catastrophe, replacing the stars in space and granting people special abilities.

Istria said:
Hrm. Perhaps you should try watching Darker Than Black? It's an anime about an assassin with supernatural powers as a result of an a spatial catastrophe, replacing the stars in space and granting people special abilities.
Indeed DtB is a good choice. I am more into psychological anime rather than action so my knowledge is limited on that field.

Texhnolyze, Monster, Ergo Proxy and Lain are great psychological anime though.

Archer said:
Indeed DtB is a good choice. I am more into psychological anime rather than action so my knowledge is limited on that field.
Texhnolyze, Monster, Ergo Proxy and Lain are great psychological anime though.
Damn, Monster was a great series.

You could watch Tokyo Ghoul, its a little bit of action with much drama. I enjoyed it and the second season comming out this winter will probbaly have more action if you like that.

Most of the suggestions I have are highly psychological, and it's one of those types of anime to hook you in. For those "Survival Game" kind of anime, I would highly recommend "Mirai Nikki/Future Diary," especially if you're apparently fond of yandere characters. Another one I have is "Black Rock Shooter (2012)" anime series. It's short, but it does require a second watch to understand what's happening. It's kinda in that sort like Puella Magi Madoka Magica (haven't seen that one, but heard it's really good too).

I'll tell ya some to look into!

-Code Geass

Black Bullet

No Game No Life

Parasyte-

Those are a few that I enjoyed alongside some of the ones that were already named off.

Baccano is amazing, the story revolves around a group of immortals posing as prohibition era gangsters. Definitely one of my tops. Along with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

Fairy Tale is an addicting, simplistic long running romp in the same vein as Naruto and One Piece.

Log Horizon is often compared to SAO, and there's a hot fandom rivalry of sorts between them. Basically, Log Horizon is the thinker's MMO-anime, asking what would happen if players became a part of the game world, and the NPCs became actual people within that world, among other things. It doesn't use VR headsets like SAO, it's a literal matter of the entire player base of a keyboard-and-monitor MMO becoming their characters in the game and living by those rules.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic + Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Currently at two seasons, this series is initially about a young man, Alibaba, and a boy, Aladdin, entering a dungeon - extremely dangerous places with great treasures and powerful artifacts inside - so that Alibaba can escape from his dreary life and fix a wrong in his past. The story is constantly subtly expanding its scope with each arc though, going from arabian nights to including civilizations based on ancient Rome and China, and even the origins of the gin (genies) and magi themselves. It explores the darker side of humanity (slavery, prejudice, uprisings, hatred) behind a bubbly faced, bright eyed facade. I couldn't not marathon it once I started it, and I've done that twice for season 1. Once on Crunchyroll, once again on Netflix for the english dub (season 2 has yet to be dubbed however.)

As less related recommendations:

Baka and Test is a fun, comedy anime that puts a spin on the whole "battle school" genre by basing a student's battle power on their test scores... and the MC is the school's biggest idiot. In fact, the entire class he's in is full of idiots, save one that got there because she was sick during the entrance exams. There are few anime that can get me to laugh as hard as this one did. The other one was...

Heaven's Lost Property. Usually uber perverts and jokes regarding them aren't all that humorous to me. This one actually whips out the "refuge in audacity" card with reckless abandon and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grasp said:
Log Horizon is often compared to SAO, and there's a hot fandom rivalry of sorts between them.
An interesting bit about Log Horizon/SAO rivalry is that the main characters are the complete opposite of each other. Kirito solos and fights on his own as a lone swordsman (for the most part) while Shiroe is an enchanter and teams up to work with other people due to his inability to do damage on his own.

[QUOTE="Stick to Your Guns]Cowboy Bebop.

[/QUOTE] Like what he said, this show is amazing. Plus, it has a genius corgi. What's better than that?

Considering your like of Shonen stuff, I'd suggest Hunter X Hunter, Toriko, Garden of Sinners/Kara No Kyoukai,

Hunter X Hunter:

It's a series about a boy trying to catch up to his father by becoming a "Hunter" a specially licensed sort of mercenary for hire, but are the best of the best at what they do, which can range anywhere from bounty hunting and warfare, to gathering and use of rare cooking ingredients.

There's two series, being a 1997 one and the more modern 2014 one. The 1997 is slower paced but more rewarding in terms of story and character development, but the 2014 one is much faster paced with better animation and extends past the point where the first series leaves off, but has some depressingly "

explain what I'm about to do

" fights, and some other cringe worthy episodes. Personally, I'd advise watching the 1997 one first, then picking up where it leaves off on the 2014.

A slight warning is that the 2014 series gets considerably darker when it gets into the last arc.

Toriko:

It's an entire anime based around food and finding rare delicious food. The main character is a Gourmet Hunter, someone who goes into dangerous situations to find only the most delectable ingredients, accompanied by a young chef.

It's very archetypical Shonen, with powerups and the like, but still pretty fun to watch.

Garden of Sinners/Kara No Kyoukai:

A series of movie length episodes shown out of sequence about a girl from an assassin clan in modern times, dealing with supernatural phenomena. It's got very high production quality, and is based in the same world as Fate/Zero.

Visually beautiful, somewhat philosophical, great fight scenes. There are a few gruesome moments, but still very worth a watch.

Johnomono said:
I can't define what I'm interested in

So I'll just list some stuff I've watched

SAO- loved it

Naruto- was good

One piece- kick ass

Fate/Zero- kick ass

Helsing- hell yea

And a lot of other stuff partially watched that I've forgotten

Anyone have any suggestions?
Bro watch One Piece if you're into the Pirate shit. Also if you're looking for something like the main character is actually the antagonist, I suggest Code Geass. Oh wait you already said One Piece xD Yeah so Code Geass, Fairytail. Also there's a new season of SAO out.. Watch Bleach if you want to.

Personally I strongly suggest a new Anime called Rage of Bahamut:Genisis, Noragami, and Tokyo Ghoul. I know the first two aren't very well known , the last getting quite popular, but these are defiantly worth trying. I am not going into any detail about them cause really my opinion is probably different from yours xD I just say try the first episodes and go on from there as with any anime~~~

Adding on to the Tokyo Ghoul recommendations, I would honestly suggest reading the manga then watching the anime. They cover, like, thirty plus chapters in the twelve episodes of the first season. There's a lot of ground you miss that's just wonderful stuff. It's all wonderful stuff, really, and comes highly recommended.

I recommend Samurai Flamenco and Senyuu. Senyuu is a short series that has five minute episodes and can be finished in about two hours, and it's a comedy that makes you laugh (it gets serious halfway through though). Samurai Flamenco is about a young adult who wants to be a superhero. It involves aliens and government people, and the main character becomes best friends with a police officer. I would just look them up and see if they sound interesting to you~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back