Anime & Manga I need some good anime series

Shigurui - Death Frenzy

Possibly the best samurai anime ever made, yes, this is way better than Samurai Champloo. Champloo is good and all but Shigurui is a no holds barred look at the real lifestyle and honor codes of the samurai not to mention that this anime has some of the best animation I have ever seen in anything, the detail is insane. I'm not a huge anime fan so if I can get behind a show with this kind of fervor its got to be worth checking out. It doesn't have a lot of episodes so you could power watch it in a day or two if you didn't have anything to do. It gets a little surreal at times but definitely worth the watch, I might actually go and watch the series again now that I'm talking so much about it.

http://animejoy.tv/watch/shigurui/1

Also, I got to pay homage to afro samurai, if you haven't seen it yet you should, both Part 1 and Part 2 are on youtube.

If you enjoyed SAO, Log horizon its quite similar, with many ppl liking both.

Bakemonogatari series is a good watch, each arc basically focues on a single character minus ur one main. Although its hard to figure which season came out before which since they for the most part have all different names minus the gatari part of each title.

Durara is a good watch if you can get past the the first few episodes, Atleast 4-5 episodes are kind of introductory episodes for the chracters so you can get their back stories. Its also good enough to get a 2nd season that will begin airing soon.

Angel Beats is a good comedy with a rather sad ending.

If you want some more mature animes I got two you could check out.

Mirai Nikki/Future Diaries - horror, action, romance

Higurashi no naku koro ni/When they cry - horror, mystery (very explicit and gruesome)

Just finished Zankyou no Terror. If you like thrillers, mystery and a bit of drama, you'll like this. Interesting characters and plot, and the ending nearly had me in tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back