• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Husks RP

ishnorb

Fox's Sin of Greed
Greetings one and all, welcome to my role-play. This thread is currently under construction. Within the next 48 hours or so, it should be 100% up and running.

Albeit, applications are still more than welcome! I also thank you all for spending your time to view my thread. ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad my concept has caught so many of y'all's attention! I tend to not be the most confident in my work. ^-^'

I'll make sure to uphold my end of the bargin as GM and assure this gets off the ground!

Notes about the land/Lore of the world!!!!:

The way i'm seeing some lore lean, i'm going to (Discuss with you all about) set something in stone about the lore of this RP. Our characters will currently be on the same continent. Yes there are several continents in this world, some of them possess traffic frequently traveling between one another. (Hence AlidaMaria's Character Tobian's backstory.) I digress....

I want to make clear on the continent we are on, the southern part of the continent is facing the most trouble with Husks. Either misuse of magic was more common down there, or circumstance merely led to this. None the less, it means some characters hometowns will be leaning/existing more towards the southern part of this continent, rather than the North. (Since i'm noticing some people have Husks more apparent in society than others, which is fantastic it's what I actually want!) Thus it will be avidly known that refugees are fleeing from the south and cowering in the other parts of the continent. Refugees from the south even proclaim they "fled the Husk wars of the South...."

Thus I will propose a few ideas on where some locations could lie....

Further South:

Haowyn Yedroth's home village (@Mayoinnaise ) (Also thinking of having this village actually have been apart of a 'city-state'. Not the major piece of it, just a surrounding city. Not sure what you think on that.)

Further North:

-Ice Kingdom of Ithrin: The kingdom which was once owned by a cruel Ice-Queen (@KittyCatty's character's Faline's mother.)

-Jao-Min's Nomatic tribes of origin......(@AlidaMaria )

Not sure/Could be anywhere:

-Underground city of Ula’ree (Mayoinnaise's Charry's Adelaide & Vyncent's hometown)

-Calaspia (@CamilleEndora's Character Amaya's hometown)

-New Darchuk (Hometown or place of interest for several of Alida's charry's.) (Debating on having New Darchuck more to the eastern section/shores of the continent. Because I was debating on having the continent/island which the Island Kingdom of Dharr to the east of where characters are currently.)

This is strongly up for debate/just wanted to bring attention to what I saw to try and get input from everyone!

(On a personal life note: Trying to juggle working on this while working IRL for bill-money. So excuse myself in advance if lore gets generated semi-slowly. I promise this will happen, My goal for this RP IC is to be at latest, by Sunday. Since this Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I do not have work. Again thank you all for your patience and participation/excitement, it's really given me inspiration!)

@AlidaMaria I'm fine with Jiao-Min and Faline knowing each other, but unless he came to the castle, they would have met sometime between when he was 19-25 or so, and Faline was 12-18 since he's older :) let me know what ya think!

KittyCatty said:
@AlidaMaria I'm fine with Jiao-Min and Faline knowing each other, but unless he came to the castle, they would have met sometime between when he was 19-25 or so, and Faline was 12-18 since he's older :) let me know what ya think!
That's great! ^_^ But you're right, I doubt they would have met in person, but he would be able to recognize her (she has quite an appearance after all ;) ) and she might be able to tell where's he's from by his looks. I'll send a pm your way with an extra idea! ^_^

AlidaMaria said:
That's great! ^_^ But you're right, I doubt they would have met in person, but he would be able to recognize her (she has quite an appearance after all ;) ) and she might be able to tell where's he's from by his looks. I'll send a pm your way with an extra idea! ^_^
Okie dokie! Looking forward to it!

I like the looks of the players getting together and developing lore!!!! ty @KittyCatty & @AlidaMaria

Just popping in & letting everyone know, yesterday went well. Got a good amount of work done and still working to finish it all. (Well, at least get it into a condition that's more than ready for the RP to start. Then I can work as we go.)

My employment just cut my hours back, so that will give me more time next week for working on the RP. (Winter tends to slow my job down.) However I do strongly expect us to get the IC off the ground by this weekend. I'm really hoping for Friday since that gives us the weekend to RP. Yet like I stated before, i'm expecting at latest Sunday.

I hope you all have a great day/couple days. If you have any questions about anything involving this RP and it's lore, launch it at me. Cause I would love to explain it so no confusion arises in the long-run.

I'll be posting my player (Not NPC) characters most likely at the end of today. Depends on how this last bit of plotting goes that i'll be finishing tonight.

(Tagging anyone who i saw in my RP Thread and the Interest check, so they see this post or even notice i made the RP if they had not already.) (@Stamper @Archie @CamilleEndora @AlidaMaria )

Please notice my lovely and patient players!

I have updated the Overview second post, along with the second post within the Character sign-up section. ^_^

Excuse myself and the fact I didn't get this stuff up last night like i had hoped.

Please don't let that weaken your motivation to play, since I still plan on this being ready on Sunday. (Of course i'll always be adding new information and lore, along with encouraging others to do so. But by Sunday I imagine we will be more than ready to start role-playing!!!)

Also, should probably ask you all how you feel about a rule like this...

No speed-posting: One must wait for two other Players (not character) to posts before they make another post involving said character.

Some may feel we don't require this rule, or should wait and see if it is required. Individuals may also feel this rule is a 100% must. Thus since I figured I would ask all of you players, so were not only going off my opinion/motives/ideas! ^-^

I'm all for this rule. I've always had trouble with being flooded out of roleplays in the past, and this seems like a better solution than having a posting order.

Alright, I will most likely add that rule then.

@Stamper Have no fear! That is completely fine! ^-^

Mayoinnaise said:
I'm all for this rule. I've always had trouble with being flooded out of roleplays in the past, and this seems like a better solution than having a posting order.
Agreed

I'll be posting the IC first post sometime tomorrow. (Probably more towards the afternoon.)

Anyone know where about they want to start with their characters?

Gin will be somewhere around the Kingdom of Ithrin. More like, a smaller village nearby Ithrin....

Albane is wandering/not really active yet. (Was planning on starting him semi-nearby someone else when they started.)

My NPC group "Royal Guard" will be at their respective post. (Kingdom of ithrin.)

My NPC group "Husks-Bane" are not yet active/in the RP. When they become active, they will be traveling somewhere in between "Ashmist Village" & "Stronghold of Steel". Their destination would be north/west.

Ask for husks, husks are not super duper active in the north, if I have not stated that already. Besides when someone overuses their magic and causes one to be born/created.... So it's not often you see packs/groups of them towards the north. (Unlike the south over the several years.)

Anyone want to suggest an idea of what season we should start in? Currently thinking summer or fall is a good idea.

ishnorb said:
(Tagging anyone who i saw in my RP Thread and the Interest check, so they see this post or even notice i made the RP if they had not already.) (@Stamper @Archie @CamilleEndora @AlidaMaria )
Please notice my lovely and patient players!

I have updated the Overview second post, along with the second post within the Character sign-up section. ^_^

Excuse myself and the fact I didn't get this stuff up last night like i had hoped.

Please don't let that weaken your motivation to play, since I still plan on this being ready on Sunday. (Of course i'll always be adding new information and lore, along with encouraging others to do so. But by Sunday I imagine we will be more than ready to start role-playing!!!)
awesome posting soon

I'm so sorry for replying so late... The rule sounds perfect, especially since the last few weeks have been busy and hectic for me.. ^_^ '

And I'll get to posting asap!

Snallac said:
Is this still accepting?
Yes! I don't see this RP entering a condition (Unless way to many people joined) where new players will not be able to happen!

Archie said:
awesome posting soon
Sweeet! Looking forward to it!!!! ^_^

AlidaMaria said:
I'm so sorry for replying so late... The rule sounds perfect, especially since the last few weeks have been busy and hectic for me.. ^_^ '
And I'll get to posting asap!
The rule is up and active!

Take your time/no rush!

I'll probably wait for another person (if not two) to make intro posts before I post again. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back