• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Driesen(CLOSED)

Best to let Amber decide that, but I'm guessing she will, his character is already ready, and we are still.. In the early phase, with the 80-ish participants.

Yeah, I will. @Offspring we lost one of our characters. I know you'll be pretty busy for a while, but one small post a day would suffice if you still want to join. It's definitely something you can refuse, but I just wanted to let you know X)

As for the monster, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was actually crying over IRL stuff, because reality sucks so I might not have written it the best. It's just the rock giant, and it has no weapons, but it is also difficult to stab in the right places. Think slow but powerful.

I haven't caught up yet so I hope I didn't mess you guys up too much. I'm really sorry.

Amber KB] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/38237-lordofthepitch/ said:
@LordOfThePitch[/URL] they were certainly clay golems btw
Yeah, but clay golems couldn't even stand, nonetheless do anything useful. It can be a weak stone like limestone or something, but it needs to at least be stone.

So? They are magically created, doesn't mean they have to shatter as soon as someone hits them, not to mention, Limestone dissolves quite faster to acid, with Jack slinging that around, there would be a chance for some of it to hit the golem, it'll become crumbly and then it's just easier to break apart for creatures.

Materials have their disadvantages, You could have the Terracotta be filled with something, say sand.. Water.. Anything fitting for it, which could act as a clot if some of it was breaking apart, but in the end, the conjured creatures aren't really going to be as powerful as the real deal, at least is what I am assuming, since Jack isn't doing rituals for it, the skeletons and golem are purely energy based, which simply takes form and once dead, they dissipate? Eh..

Sigismund said:
So? They are magically created, doesn't mean they have to shatter as soon as someone hits them, not to mention, Limestone dissolves quite faster to acid, with Jack slinging that around, there would be a chance for some of it to hit the golem, it'll become crumbly and then it's just easier to break apart for creatures.
Materials have their disadvantages, You could have the Terracotta be filled with something, say sand.. Water.. Anything fitting for it, which could act as a clot if some of it was breaking apart, but in the end, the conjured creatures aren't really going to be as powerful as the real deal, at least is what I am assuming, since Jack isn't doing rituals for it, the skeletons and golem are purely energy based, which simply takes form and once dead, they dissipate? Eh..
I suppose. But he's shown hes more than fine destroying his own creatures and making more immediately afterwards. And either way it's going to be really hard to break, whether it's terracotta filled with sand, or limestone.

i think the issue at hand is his ability to summon one after the other repeatedly, an ability that had been discussed previously when you said your character could only summon a few at a time. not swarm each individual warrior with tentacles while spewing acid and bone whilst summoning armies, and dragging an entire giant down into the earth while all the time not in ultimatia and keeping conciousness. I believe the term for that is "mary sueing" m8

Last edited by a moderator:
jabronie said:
i think the issue at hand is his ability to summon one after the other repeatedly, an ability that had been discussed previously when you said your character could only summon a few at a time. not swarm each individual warrior with tentacles while spewing acid and bone whilst summoning armies, and drag an entire giant down into the earth while all the time not in ultimatia and keeping conciousness. I believe the term for that is "mary sueing" m8
I'd explained why I was giving as much of a show as possible before I had to leave, to show all of my powers at once and let people get a feel for each one. Then I left for 6 hours.

i understand your rationale but you still single handedly dominated the first round while there were 80 other warriors. i have to go to work and cant play for long periods but you dont see my character engulfing the entire arena in flame and melting everyones skin. IRL issues arent an excuse to make your character litterally too OP. why lessen the experience for the rest of us?

plus you just said that jack has no problem destroying his minions and just summoning more immediately afterwards, there should have to be a more tactical approach than "hey my character is freaking awesome and can summon multitudes of stone giants"

jabronie said:
i understand your rationale but you still single handedly dominated the first round while there were 80 other warriors. i have to go to work and cant play for long periods but you dont see my character engulfing the entire arena in flame and melting everyones skin. IRL issues arent an excuse to make your character litterally too OP. why lessen the experience for the rest of us?
Because it was a single round of the mostly unimportant part in the beginning before the actual tournament even happens. I doubt it lessened the expirience more than a mild annoyance before the onslaught immediately continued.

I

jabronie said:
plus you just said that jack has no problem destroying his minions and just summoning more immediately afterwards, there should have to be a more tactical approach than "hey my character is freaking awesome and can summon multitudes of stone giants"
Only summoned one, ever. And that was in the 2nd round.

LordOfThePitch said:
And I'll put a 3 squad limit. What I did never broke that, so we're still good.
I don't see them as overpowered, first of all while it may seem their are no drawbacks there is. That drawback being the creatures he summons are pretty weak and he uses them to give off the feeling that their overwhelming numbers when in actuality they're easy to cut through as Amber KB did in her post with Thalia. I feel like he is summoning a wave of creatures that seems overwhelming, slowing down your pace of fighting will help to show that.

Reznor said:
I don't see them as overpowered, first of all while it may seem their are no drawbacks there is. That drawback being the creatures he summons are pretty weak and he uses them to give off the feeling that their overwhelming numbers when in actuality they're easy to cut through as Amber KB did in her post with Thalia. I feel like he is summoning a wave of creatures that seems overwhelming, slowing down your pace of fighting will help to show that.
That's their point, really. I said earlier multiple times that they were extremely weak. But if the others find it uncomfortable, then I'm fine with putting a limit.

Though a few may have been killed by nameless contestants... we can prob start the final round later tonight or tomorrow. Depending on how busy everyone is today.

You can kill any of them except for my new pet Fluffy. I'll rip your damn throat out if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Amber KB sorry I haven't posted anything for a few days but I finally got some internet access. But only for tonight I'm in a hotel right now and we might have to leave tomorrow but until then I'll be on, Also I see you have started the rp and everyone seems to be in a fight right now so I was wondering how should I introduce my character. Any ideas?

Alushey said:
Hi @Amber KB sorry I haven't posted anything for a few days but I finally got some internet access. But only for tonight I'm in a hotel right now and we might have to leave tomorrow but until then I'll be on, Also I see you have started the rp and everyone seems to be in a fight right now so I was wondering how should I introduce my character. Any ideas?
They are fighting demon hounds ATM. There are only a few left, so you can land the last few finishing blows. It's an arena with dozens of NPCs/character so you should introduce your char very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back