• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Heart within the beast

"How on earth . . . never mind. I'm probably better off not knowing."

A number of absolutely absurd mental images flew through his mind, and he shook his head to push them away.

"I'll put something together once we clean this up."

Rhea smiled, "I can clean it up... " Rhea told him, taking a few of the things from stove and moving it to the sink, slowly she started to clean the pan, though they had new scorch marks on them. Sage was going to defiantly kill her the next time she was over.

In the meantime, Kurogan took a look at a few things, finally coming upon a few ingredients that would work well together. He ruffled Rhea's hair as he walked by, offering her a smile as he put a large pan on the stove. In went in some meat, some pasta, and a whole lot of cheese.

Rhea touched the top of her head and looked up at Kurogan when he ruffled her hair, but she couldn't help but smile a little at him. "Sorry about this... I should have known better... but I guess I thought this time would be different."

"You don't need to apologize. You won't ever improve at something if you don't try it again."

Kurogan covered the pot on low-heat and left it to simmer. He leaned back against the wall afterward, watching Rhea as she cleaned. He meant what he said, but privately thought it might be best if Rhea left cooking to others. Especially if she actually managed to set a kettle on fire . . .

"What are you making?" Rhea asked quietly when she finished cleaning the pan up the best she could.

"It's a casserole of meat and cheese. Most of what I can make is less fine-measured stuff and more a hodge-podge of whatever will go together."

He looked up at her, motioning to the couch

"It'll take a while to cook up. Have a seat?"

"Oh... Ok, sure." She said moving to the couch to sit down. She actually leaned down a bit and closed her eyes. She had not studied at all the last few days... they have been so jam packed with random events... one thing after another...

Kurogan watched her close her eyes, and made no sound as he walked across from her. He said nothing as he quietly slid out one of the sheets of paper that she had bought, and pulled out something he found from the wilderness. It was a rough piece of charcoal. A soft scratching started to go through the room as he scraped the charcoal over the paper in long lines. If she wanted to rest some more, she certainly should.

"What are you doing?" She asked softly, though she did not open her eyes, she could just hear the scratching on the paper.

Kurogan smiled as the scratching went on for about another five minutes.

"This."

He slid the paper on the coffee table in front of her, heading back into the kitchen to check on what had been cooking. it was a drawing of sorts. The lines were thick, and it was composed of long flowing ones. While not a detailed sketch, it most certainly did show a picture. A woman, her hair a single thick line flowing behind her, lay on a fluffy couch. A series of flowing lines molded together into a blanket that lay over her form. Her eyes were two short lines, kept in a blissful sleep

Rhea opened her eyes and then looked at the picture... was that her? She couldn't tell.. there was not a lot of detail to it. "Who is it?" She though she should ask instead of assume... it might be a bit silly to draw her.

"Well . . . it's you."

Kurogan was glad he was in the kitchen. It was rather embarrassing to say out loud. The casserole was coming along nicely, it would simply take longer for the meat to cook thoroughly.

Rhea smiled and blushed a bit, "I thought it was... but I did not want to assume.. I like it." She called to him softly. "you are a good drawer."

"I'm not really . . . it's just something I practiced every now and then. I'm--glad you like it though."

There was a smile on his face as he re-entered the room

Rhea smiled and then took the piece of the charcoal and sat down on the floor and scratched on the paper for a few moments. Sitting up Rhea showed Kurogan her picture, "Tada!" It was actually a stick figure that was smiling. But he had a tail and ears which was filled in to signifies his black pelt. "I am not good at drawing either, but still better then cooking... but this is suppose to be you. Its ok to laugh." She said smiling rather happily.

Kurogan turned his head to the side with his fist over his mouth. It was quite easy to see he was trying desperately not to break out laughing. It was very cute . . . but that was only part of what was making him laugh so hard. Faora had once challenged him to a drawing contest, and had utilized bark and charcoal to a very similar effect to what Rhea had just drawn . . . Kurogan had been through his 8th winter at the time. He finally let himself lean over and let some of it out, stifling most of it. He didn't want to be overly rude. He turned back to Rhea, wiping a tear from his eye as the fits of laughter threatened to overtake him again.

"It's--It's good. You can tell it's me."

Rhea smiled, "I told you you could laugh. I could actually try to draw maybe, but it might turn out a lot worst then this." She said, laughing a bit at his own reaction.

"Maybe it's something I could help you with."

Kurogan moved beside her on the couch and sat down

"I haven't taught anyone before though . . ."

Rhea smiled at Kurogan when he sat down, "Maybe, I am quick at learning when it comes to reading... not so much when it comes to physically doing it..."

"Should we start now? We have some time while the meal's heating up."

Kurogon made a motion with his hand as if to illustrate his point while he spoke.

Rhea looked at the kitchen and then back at Kurogon, "Well... I guess we could try." She said quietly.

Over the next half-hour, Kurogan showed some of the basics to Rhea on how to turn the scratchings of coal into something recognizable. It was mostly about how to recognize the lines coming together into a solid form that one could recognize, along with him showing a few methods to insert character into a formless object. Afterwards, he pulled the casserole off the stove, a simmering concoction of meat and cheese that smelled heavenly to his nose. He scooped it onto two plates and brought it back over to the coffee table for dining.

Rhea took the food gratefully and ate quietly, she had nothing really to say. though when they were done she smiled at Kurogan and picked up her book, "If you were not in too much pain... did you want to read a bit?" She asked him.

Kurogan smiled at her when she offered.

"Could I ever refuse?"

He once more shifted into his wolf form, lying along the couch as he had so many times before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back