• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hakiyuu: The next generation

[QUOTE="Zy That Guy]Strength
Speed

Athleticism

Technique

Will

Something like this it would be out of 20 and you have 30 points to spend or something.

[/QUOTE]
I like this if it will sort out the problem.

Now the way I see it is 20 points base and 5 per year of playing.

I would also very much prefer if were doing this system for all first years to have a maximum of 4 years of playing (other than the management side such as coaches)and second years to have 5 years maximum of playing.

Each stat max's out at 20 and per five points into a stat is how many dice you roll. So if you have 20 speed you roll 4 dice if either succeed you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
NekoChanBo said:

I would also very much prefer if were doing this system for all first years to have a maximum of 4 years of playing (other than the management side such as coaches)and second years to have 5 years maximum of playing.

Each stat max's out at 20 and per five points into a stat is how many dice you roll. So if you have 20 speed you roll 4 dice if either succeed you do.
That looks Cool, Are you going to Put that in the Character Sheet Thing Or we Could.

NekoChanBo said:
May as well just add it your selves!
Okay, Do we Get 30 points plus and 5 for years we play or Something else because i want to Know How much Exp Points i can Spend.

NekoChanBo said:

I wouldn't mind a stat system, but I think it would need more thought. The only thing years played should really realistically impact in that list is Technique. For example, using this system, even though Yuuma and Hibiki are both two guys of the same age who are in shape and have played sports for several years, Hibiki would end up with around 2x the Strength, Speed, Athleticism, and Will that Yuuma would. For Technique, it definitely makes sense, but not as much for everything else. And I'm not sure if I'm on board with having an extra roll every 5 points, since that would make it so that no one will put in any number that's not a multiple of 5 since doing so would waste points.

I had written up a whole system but it's probably way more complicated than anyone's looking for lol, so I'll not post it and suggest something simpler.

I think Technique should be split into something along the lines of:

Receiving

Blocking

Spiking

Setting(/Passing)

Serving

and that the Physical stats like Strength and Speed should be done away with or just there for fun (unless you can find a use for them), since all rolls that would need to be done in a game are covered by the five above (my first idea tried to make use of the physical stats, but it just ended up meaning too many rolls and needlessly complicated things).

The stats would be out of 10, with everyone getting a base of 25 points, +1.5 per year played (rounded up, so it'd end up being +2 points for those who've played 1 year, +3 for 2, +5 for 3, +6 for 4, and +8 for 5). Along with this, the rolls would be done with a ten-sided die. If the number rolled is less than or equal to the stat being checked, it's successful.

This way, characters like Yuuma and Fuji would have an overall average of 5/10 on their stats, so they'd succeed on about half their rolls, making them not totally useless. Characters like Hibiki and Kuma would average 6.6/10, meaning they'd succeed 2/3 times on average, reflecting their extra experience.

Depending on in-game situations and at your discretion, you could always make the rolls harder or easier, and not necessarily with the only outcomes being a pass or fail; for example, say an inexperienced character like Yuuma tries to do a jumping serve in a game, with his serving stat being 6/10. Instead of needing a 6 or lower, he'd need a 2 or lower to do it successfully -- and maybe, rolling a 3 or 4 would be a 'soft fail,' where the spike would get over the net, but just barely and be very easy to return for the enemy team. Or, a super strong opposing ace is set up for a perfect spike, making any attempting Receive or Blocking rolls more difficult. Just throwing ideas out in this paragraph though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cenco said:
I wouldn't mind a stat system, but I think it would need more thought. The only thing years played should really realistically impact in that list is Technique. For example, using this system, even though Yuuma and Hibiki are both two guys of the same age who are in shape and have played sports for several years, Hibiki would end up with around 2x the Strength, Speed, Athleticism, and Will that Yuuma would. For Technique, it definitely makes sense, but not as much for everything else. And I'm not sure if I'm on board with having an extra roll every 5 points, since that would make it so that no one will put in any number that's not a multiple of 5 since doing so would waste points.
I had written up a whole system but it's probably way more complicated than anyone's looking for lol, so I'll not post it and suggest something simpler.

I think Technique should be split into something along the lines of:

Receiving

Blocking

Spiking

Setting(/Passing)

Serving

and that the Physical stats like Strength and Speed should be done away with or just there for fun (unless you can find a use for them), since all rolls that would need to be done in a game are covered by the five above (my first idea tried to make use of the physical stats, but it just ended up meaning too many rolls and needlessly complicated things).

The stats would be out of 10, with everyone getting a base of 25 points, +1.5 per year played (rounded up, so it'd end up being +2 points for those who've played 1 year, +3 for 2, +5 for 3, +6 for 4, and +8 for 5). Along with this, the rolls would be done with a ten-sided die. If the number rolled is less than or equal to the stat being checked, it's successful.

This way, characters like Yuuma and Fuji would have an overall average of 5/10 on their stats, so they'd succeed on about half their rolls, making them not totally useless. Characters like Hibiki and Kuma would average 6.6/10, meaning they'd succeed 2/3 times on average, reflecting their extra experience.

Depending on in-game situations and at your discretion, you could always make the rolls harder or easier, and not necessarily with the only outcomes being a pass or fail; for example, say an inexperienced character like Yuuma tries to do a jumping serve in a game, with his serving stat being 6/10. Instead of needing a 6 or lower, he'd need a 2 or lower to do it successfully -- and maybe, rolling a 3 or 4 would be a 'soft fail,' where the spike would get over the net, but just barely and be very easy to return for the enemy team. Or, a super strong opposing ace is set up for a perfect spike, making any attempting Receive or Blocking rolls more difficult. Just throwing ideas out in this paragraph though.
Seems good like a good way to do it.

[QUOTE="Phineas Forge]Where is everyone?!

[/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting on people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back