• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Twice Knightly

The Clock Strikes 12
Link to sign-ups.

Prologue
"Shadow Over Gotham"

Appearing in a new place without warning is never fun.

Maybe it's happened to you before. Maybe it hasn't. Maybe it's happened so many times that you're used to it by now. But the fact of the matter is, however you were spending your Halloween, the last thing you expected was to wind up in some dank and depressing alleyway that smelled like piss and looked like something out of a bad movie. Maybe it was the rank stench that awoke you or the sounds of aimless gunfire only a few blocks away. Perhaps it was the police sirens, or the constant screams that seemed to fester in this place like a plague. No matter what, you did

wake up before long, only to find yourself and a few others sitting in the aforementioned alleyway.

Six others wake up beside you. Each person around you is different. So different that before long, it dawns upon you that you each were likely from entirely separate walks of life. One such figure was already seated atop a nearby dumpster, legs dangling over the end so that his feet just barely hovered above the ground. He wears a suit of armor so thick that not a single inch of his flesh seems to be visible. His helmet, faceless and cold, stares at no one in particular. He just stares, while his hands drag a large rock over the blade of an even larger combat knife. Sparks fly from each motion before dissipating into nothingness, and the motion is repeated almost endlessly.

Schnk.
Schnk. .
Schnk. . .

felix.jpg

"About time you woke up," he finally speaks - and already you likely pick up on his tone. It drips

with an easily identifiable smugness. It's the kind of smugness that a man doesn't attempt to hide. A kind that verbalizes the fact that whoever's using it is all too proud to be an asshole. His head innocuously turns to the side, as he drags the knife again, then once more after that. And he keeps on doing it. "I was starting to get worried. Seriously."

Only a beat passes before he speaks again.

"So... are you guys gonna tell me your names or what? Because, lemme tell ya, it's been kinda awkward sitting here for the past thirty minutes waiting on that."

Cast List
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly as Felix (Red vs. Blue)
BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
Cephrys Cephrys as The Demoman (Team Fortress 2)
@DapperDogman as Contingency (OC)
megar megar as Ramlethal Valentine (Guilty Gear)
@Jeremiah as Tav “The Ratling” Tomassi (Warhammer 40K)
FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla as Quiet (Metal Gear Solid V)

Last edited:
ramban.png

"I've been awake," Ramlethal calmly answers, though it certainly hadn't appeared as such, "didn't you notice?"

It would have been difficult to, given her eyes were covered by the cap loosely hanging on her head as she sat perfectly still leaning against one of the walls. She still doesn't even bother to get up. The smell is awful, but she's quite sure she's not sitting in any of what it might be, and that's good enough for now. A hand slips out from her mantle, then, finally pulling her cap up and at last revealing a piercing yet dry gaze underneath.

"You should have spoken up earlier. I hadn't realised you wanted to talk. I'm Ramlethal."

She pauses for a second, and then nods, more to herself than anything.

"Hello. I think that's the polite thing to say."

Last edited:
"Sorry, I didn't realize I was stuck with the socially unaware when I woke up here," he sarcastically replies. His dangling legs kick back against the dumpster, causing a loud Thunk! Thunk! sound to ring out. "That's my mistake."

He drags the rock across his blade again, sending more sparks flying.

"Name's Felix. And I'm gonna choose not to question why your name sounds like something for a cheap pickup truck, because frankly... I've probably heard weirder."

megar megar

ramban.png

"That's okay. You don't know me, so I wouldn't expect you to know my behaviour."

She appreciatively nods for the apology nonetheless, though no further expression actually sprouts on her face because of it, remaining as blank as it ever was. Expression is still something she struggles with sometimes -- but she can at least gesture accordingly, she thinks.

"Right..." Felix just nods at... that, before turning his attention to the rest of the group. "Well, let's just hope that the rest of you make for better conversation."

Ramlethal and Felix’s brief conversation was underscored by an accompaniment of gentle snoozes. Like a musical crescendo, it gradually built until the snoring was impossible to ignore, elephant-like in its trumpeting. The source was easy to track: There in the alley, a man with a beanie, eyepatch and heavy demolition gear. A bottle of XxX whiskey aged to 1808 rested sideways on his lap as he lay asleep in the alley, the last few droplets leaking out from the bottle’s neck.

Stirring, the drunkard twitched, mumbling.

“I’ll….Pishallovahyur fanseelittlebloosoot ya…weapon ye…”

Moments passed. The bottle rolled off his lap as he shifted in his sleep, clanking against the alleyway with a sonorous clang.

“Eh—Wha?”

He sat up groggily, not exactly stirred to wakefulness. “Ohhh…I’m bleedin gaspin’ for a drink…”

With a shove off the ground, the man all of a sudden rose up to his feet. The grenades on his vest gave a little bounce - a little too much for comfort, given they should have been secured tightly.

“Whose are youse? Ah…” He squinted with one eye - the only eye - raising a finger and drawing it between Felix and Ramlethal. “You’re with me employer, are you? I’m here for a job,” he clapped his hands, rubbing them expectantly. “Tavish Finnegan DeGroot at yer service! But me pals just call me the Demoman.” Straightening up his vest, the Demoman stood much taller than the man who had been lying drunk in an alley.

“I’ll tell ye, this new job is the real kick up the arse I needed to get back into gear. I feel like a new—” He burped a whiskey burp. “—Man! I've got me gear ready and all.”

• October 31, 1984

"I am Quiet. I am... the absence of words."

Her last words echoed through her mind as she carried a tank of gasoline out into the harsh Afghanistan desert, finally stopping her travels underneath a withered tree in the middle of nowhere. Her gray-green eyed gaze swept over her surroundings; once she was certain she was out somewhere nobody else could possibly find her, she unscrewed the cap before pouring the petrol over her head.

There was no turning back now; now that she'd activating the virus that she was carrying, either she or the English-speaking world had to go. To her, the answer was clear. Theoretically, she wouldn't be able to spread the English parasites; her lungs were too fried for the larvae to feast upon. She couldn't risk that, though- let alone another capture by neither the Russians or Cipher. No; she would make sure she'd leave no traces of her nor the lethal virus for the world to rediscover and possibly weaponize.

She took a deep breath, and pressed down on the lighter. The last thing she remembered was the same burning sensation that had led to her transformation a lifetime ago- but this time, it would mark the end of her life rather than just the end of a chapter.

At least, that was how Quiet's story was supposed to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back