• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Goners, The Next Chapter

TheEscapist said:
Aww,really? I wrote a big post :c can I edit mine to be like "before she came in" and then his reaction for after she came?
It wouldn't really make sense. In hers, Dylan is still knocked out and she's holding his hand xD

[QUOTE="Graecus Scum]It wouldn't really make sense. In hers, Dylan is still knocked out and she's holding his hand xD

[/QUOTE]
THAT'S GAY SON

Just kidding,I will go there edit it I guess :P

[QUOTE="Play On Words]What are you ideas for it so far? I can tell you if it's acceptable or not.

[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for short term madness,or simply mind disturbance in people who are expecting the powers or have strong mind shields. Nothing permanent,and every time he/she they overuse their powers it heavily affects them as well (constant hallucinations)

DarknessWithin said:
I was hoping for short term madness,or simply mind disturbance in people who are expecting the powers or have strong mind shields. Nothing permanent,and every time he/she they overuse their powers it heavily affects them as well (constant hallucinations)
And what are the effects of the madness? And you don't have to have a backlash for Mania campers, that could be too damaging for your character.

[QUOTE="Play On Words]And what are the effects of the madness? And you don't have to have a backlash for Mania campers, that could be too damaging for your character.

[/QUOTE]
Okay,I will remember that. I do want them to be a little crazy (in a different way from Angelo,no voices in his head,something more...abstract.).

But in the Madness to others,I was hoping to cause hallucinations,making them see enemies who aren't there,paranoia...but this would literally only be this strong for people with weak mental shields who aren't expecting his/her powers.

DarknessWithin said:
Okay,I will remember that. I do want them to be a little crazy (in a different way from Angelo,no voices in his head,something more...abstract.).
But in the Madness to others,I was hoping to cause hallucinations,making them see enemies who aren't there,paranoia...but this would literally only be this strong for people with weak mental shields who aren't expecting his/her powers.
Lol, Angelo's madness is something different, so it wouldn't make sense if your guy had that kind of madness.

What of people that have mental disorders? There are people in the RP with depression, anxiety, and then Angelo. Angelo, according to Weirdo, has an excellent mental shield, and is probably immune to artificial forms of madness due to Maniac(The voice in his head).

And what about other descendants of Mania? Does it effect them?

[QUOTE="Play On Words]Lol, Angelo's madness is something different, so it wouldn't make sense if your guy had that kind of madness.
What of people that have mental disorders? There are people in the RP with depression, anxiety, and then Angelo. Angelo, according to Weirdo, has an excellent mental shield, and is probably immune to artificial forms of madness due to Maniac(The voice in his head).

And what about other descendants of Mania? Does it effect them?

[/QUOTE]
I feel like it shouldn't affect demigods from Mania. But maybe legacies would,just in a minor degree? I want your opinion on this.

Anxiety,depression,these usually weakens mental shields and would allow for an easier control,but if the character already has excellent shields like you mentioned he would have a very difficult time. If he was already expecting the powers? I'd say it would be near impossible.

DarknessWithin said:
I feel like it shouldn't affect demigods from Mania. But maybe legacies would,just in a minor degree? I want your opinion on this.
Anxiety,depression,these usually weakens mental shields and would allow for an easier control,but if the character already has excellent shields like you mentioned he would have a very difficult time. If he was already expecting the powers? I'd say it would be near impossible.
I think it'd be more realistic if anyone had a direct tie to Mania, and had powers related to Mania, your character probably wouldn't effect them.

And yes, anxiety and depression would weaken mental shields, unless the person naturally already has an amazing shield, which not many people do. Most campers who deal in magic would have good shields, such as Hecate campers, for example. Angelo does have depression and anxiety, I believe, but according to Weirdo, the voice in his head(Maniac) kinda takes over, it blocks outside attacks because it doesn't want to lose its hold on Angel.

[QUOTE="Play On Words]I think it'd be more realistic if anyone had a direct tie to Mania, and had powers related to Mania, your character probably wouldn't effect them.
And yes, anxiety and depression would weaken mental shields, unless the person naturally already has an amazing shield, which not many people do. Most campers who deal in magic would have good shields, such as Hecate campers, for example. Angelo does have depression and anxiety, I believe, but according to Weirdo, the voice in his head(Maniac) kinda takes over, it blocks outside attacks because it doesn't want to lose its hold on Angel.

[/QUOTE]
All right. I will have to pay attention to the CSs and check which Gods are the Demigod's parents.

Another thing I would like to settle is how many demigods would they be able to affect at once.

DarknessWithin said:
All right. I will have to pay attention to the CSs and check which Gods are the Demigod's parents.
Another thing I would like to settle is how many demigods would they be able to affect at once.
How proficient is your character in his/her abilities?

[QUOTE="Play On Words]How proficient is your character in his/her abilities?

[/QUOTE]
I'd say he has a natural ability,but is still relatively inexperienced. He doesn't want to provoke madness by accident in the other campers,so he often trains his control to keep his powers to blow out.

Oh,and his powers could lash out if he is under heavy pressure (another reason for his fear.)

DarknessWithin said:
I'd say he has a natural ability,but is still relatively inexperienced. He doesn't want to provoke madness by accident in the other campers,so he often trains his control to keep his powers to blow out.
Oh,and his powers could lash out if he is under heavy pressure (another reason for his fear.)
If he is inexperienced, one person at a time with an average-weak mental guard, two if they have an exceptionally weak one.

[QUOTE="Play On Words]If he is inexperienced, one person at a time with an average-weak mental guard, two if they have an exceptionally weak one.

[/QUOTE]
Since his powers won't be that strong...can he make up for it with a skill in battle?

I should probably mention that it will be my sister's character,not mine lol she is still unsure if it will be a female or a male character.

Can she/he "detect madness"? As in,if someone has mental disturbs he/she can notice it?

DarknessWithin said:
Since his powers won't be that strong...can he make up for it with a skill in battle?
I should probably mention that it will be my sister's character,not mine lol she is still unsure if it will be a female or a male character.

Can she/he "detect madness"? As in,if someone has mental disturbs he/she can notice it?
Not a great skill in battle, just slightly better than average. Well, how long has he/she been at camp?

Also, I'd rather if he/she couldn't, because Angel keeps his madness a secret, and it's kind of going to be used for plot purposes later. Same reason I say no when someone asked if they could cure madness. It'd just mess up the plot.

I'm going to get ready for an open mic, so the responses within the next hour are going to be my last responses until 11pm, which is in about 7 hours for me. Giving you a heads up if you wanna have Sullivan end his time with Atticus so he can interact with other people while I'm out. @Graecus Scum

[QUOTE="Graecus Scum]Don't really have anyone else to interact with, so I'm good.
But us four (Me, Play, Weirdo, Unknown)aren't going to be on much tomorrow, especially later. We'll try to respond, but no promises. We have a party to go to...

[/QUOTE]
Ugh, don't remind me.

[QUOTE="Play On Words]Not a great skill in battle, just slightly better than average. Well, how long has he/she been at camp?
Also, I'd rather if he/she couldn't, because Angel keeps his madness a secret, and it's kind of going to be used for plot purposes later. Same reason I say no when someone asked if they could cure madness. It'd just mess up the plot.

[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna use he/him pronouns for now until she decides :P

I'd say...six years? Maybe seven? Still setting back story details.

Okay,I will tell her to cut that ability off.

Oh,and during the quest,can he learn to influence more than one enemy as he gains more experience?

I'd like to ask if he could influence two even if they both have regular mental shields. He would be more useful during battle like that. But if you say no I will keep to one,no problem.

LadyAria said:
I could use some interactions with With Faith xD
I would love to after I send my character in,she seems interesting xD But don't wait for me,I type slowly and take forever to fill CSs xD

DarknessWithin said:
I'm gonna use he/him pronouns for now until she decides :P
I'd say...six years? Maybe seven? Still setting back story details.

Okay,I will tell her to cut that ability off.

Oh,and during the quest,can he learn to influence more than one enemy as he gains more experience?

I'd like to ask if he could influence two even if they both have regular mental shields. He would be more useful during battle like that. But if you say no I will keep to one,no problem.
As long as it's gradual, yes, you can move it to two. But don't just have him go from one to two in one day without any explanation. If he's been there for six or seven years, then yes, he could have above average skill in combat, nothing OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back