• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fresh Crimson...Players' Page

Choice 1: Feel your stomach drop in disgust at the notion of feeding on a newly born child.

Write-In 1:Thank him for the gift and assure him that you'll do well to succeed in your Trial. You real intentions are to raise the child, the pay-off will be well worth the trouble once they're grown and loyal to you.

So do you all want to leave now before the Trial or officially "Betray" Society during the Trial? I've taken into consideration your wishes to raise the child. Keep in mind, however, that it is very young and that it won't be easy to explain being single and having a newborn easily. BUT, if you have a plan, by any means proceed! ;)  

I second GasMaskie's choice and write-in.

Ideally, we'll avoid angering the family for now and get a quick peek at the library to try translating the rune on Johannes's hand, and then flee with some time to spare before the Trial so we have time to hide. If translating the rune isn't feasible in a timely manner, a head start on the vampires would be ideal if we have a human newborn as luggage.

I have an idea for a cover story regarding the kid. We were travelling - on a road, of course, since we're in Puritan not-yet-Massachusetts, and everyone knows that the devil lives out in the woods. Suddenly, we heard a newborn child crying from somewhere in the woods near the road. After considering that perhaps the devil had set a trap, we weighed the odds and decided that if there really was an innocent child in some danger, we ought to save it, despite the fact that it could be one of the devil's tricks. Imagine our surprise to find a newborn baby, abandoned by some sinful parent(s) in the woods! We decided to adopt the child, despite our single status, because the financial and familial struggles of raising a child is a pain worth bearing to save a kid's life.

I think it's a solid sob story to appeal to the Puritans we'll be living with. Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your feedback. The next chapter is up! <that last chapter was short...>

Anyways, your stats sheet will be developed over the next post or two! So if you want to bring in any friends to this roleplay do so now before that is up! If you do recommend a friend, I will give you a hint on what may happen for each choice after they have posted their first vote. Otherwise you're on your own... May the goddess be with you.

@Metalgeardude @Trojanac @Riuma @FearTheKumquat @GasMaskie @Jouska

Could I take the book, leave the library, and return it later?

Also, feed on what? I feel like that's implying feeding on the child we just saved.

When would you have the time? Also, that could be awkward. If you're a runaway you are generally frowned upon and going back would incite a lot of possibly awkward questions and penalties.

Deer. Any warmblooded animal. You can drink from them, it's just not as sustaining or pleasant. 

When would you have the time? Also, that could be awkward. If you're a runaway you are generally frowned upon and going back would incite a lot of possibly awkward questions and penalties.

Deer. Any warmblooded animal. You can drink from them, it's just not as sustaining or pleasant. 

When everybody's sleeping. Or, if we're running away soon, we can just take the book with us. Maybe add the ancient language book too.

When everybody's sleeping. Or, if we're running away soon, we can just take the book with us. Maybe add the ancient language book too.

Right... because of course you have giant pockets or something and don't think two ancient texts will weigh you down or get destroyed along the journey...

OKay, so tonight is the night of the Full Moon. If this is still going and you wanna find out what happens next, write your responses to these two questions:

1. What is your favorite Vampire quote? It can be from a book/movie/TVshow/etc.

2. How can we keep people interested in this RP and what would motivate people to post more?

1. "I never drink wine."

2. As far as I can tell, this RP is doing its job fine, it's chance that's causing the slowdown. For example, I've been out for the past few days because I have a fever, and what little time I've spent out of bed has mostly been used keeping up with the schoolwork I'm missing. I'm assuming that the others are in similar probability-based, time-consuming situations.

@Metalgeardude @Trojanac @Riuma @FearTheKumquat @GasMaskie @Jouska

So the first Night was a dismal turnout. *SMH* A few announcements: Only the people who comment on the Full Moon will receive hints since I doubt we will be getting a full turnout any time soon. Congrats, @FearTheKumquat! You will receive a private message in the next few hours.

Second, the story will resume when 3 people respond to the last post since you all seem to be either ridiculously busy or hit suddenly with the Plague. I may do some editing (on just the last post) so keep your eye out for that. I'm thinking fewer choices might be easier...

ALSO! Please welcome new member @myk9ma to your ranks. I'm eager to see new blood in the team of players. xD  

Choice: 1) Stay in the Library and read

Choice: 2) Get animal blood later

While getting blood would be nice if someone sees us that might raise some questions.

Some people might be trying to get work done before thanksgiving break so that's why they haven't been able to post.

@myk9ma Please read the post about formatting! In short, post your answers as Choice 1: etc. etc. or Write-In 1: etc. You can still explain your reasoning just keep it clean that way, thanks.

Right... because of course you have giant pockets or something and don't think two ancient texts will weigh you down or get destroyed along the journey...

I was saying we could leave the library with the book, hide it, and return it when everyone's sleeping, or leave when everyone's sleeping with the books (we don't even have to take the books, if we're leaving it doesn't even matter where we put it).

I doubt the vampires settled in where there are some dangerous animals.

OKay, so tonight is the night of the Full Moon. If this is still going and you wanna find out what happens next, write your responses to these two questions:

1. What is your favorite Vampire quote? It can be from a book/movie/TVshow/etc.

2. How can we keep people interested in this RP and what would motivate people to post more?

1. I haven't watched or read any vampire content recently enough to remember.

2. I have some suggestions. 

2a. When you announce the story on this thread, put the choices and include a link back to the story. A lot of times, I am using a phone, so I result to voting when I am on the computer when I get a notification for this thread.

2b. Similarly, include a link in the story thread back to the voting thread every time you make an entry.

2c. Add a write-in as a choice option. You don't seem to get the point of write-ins. Let's say I'm making a decision on Choice 1. Write-ins aren't usually their own choice, they are supposed to be one of the options of Choice 1, if you want to add it in. So, for example, the options for Choice 1 could be: Dance, Sing, or Write-in.

18 hours ago, Riuma said:

I was saying we could leave the library with the book, hide it, and return it when everyone's sleeping, or leave when everyone's sleeping with the books (we don't even have to take the books, if we're leaving it doesn't even matter where we put it).

I doubt the vampires settled in where there are some dangerous animals.

I'm not going to be THAT lenient with choices. In this case, I purposefully gave 2 choices and you're going to have to stick with that if you want your vote to count. 

As to your suggestions, posting links in every post would be messy and unsightly. Is anyone else having issues with pressing a few buttons to get to the story page and back?

I stand by what I said. If there are only a few options, sometimes there is meant to be only that many options. But I will consider putting "write-in" as an option. Now if you're going to vote, do it with the correct form.

I'm not going to be THAT lenient with choices. In this case, I purposefully gave 2 choices and you're going to have to stick with that if you want your vote to count. 

As to your suggestions, posting links in every post would be messy and unsightly. Is anyone else having issues with pressing a few buttons to get to the story page and back?

I stand by what I said. If there are only a few options, sometimes there is meant to be only that many options. But I will consider putting "write-in" as an option. Now if you're going to vote, do it with the correct form.

Almost every single quest except this one has a Write-in as an option. You could also do Early Bird Write-ins, like I do in my quests. Early Bird Write-ins are just like Write-ins, except that the first person who chooses the Early Bird Write-in option gets to decide what it is, and then it becomes an option. Quests aren't as fun without them, especially when choosing one of the options would be a bad idea for the character.

@Silvertongued does the links nice and neat in their quests, Tinker Quest and Necromancer Quest. I think you're just making an excuse to be lazy. Like I said, when I try to do that on phone, things get messy, so I delay my voting. If you want more votes sooner, then do the links.

6 minutes ago, Riuma said:

Almost every single quest except this one has a Write-in as an option. You could also do Early Bird Write-ins, like I do in my quests. Early Bird Write-ins are just like Write-ins, except that the first person who chooses the Early Bird Write-in option gets to decide what it is, and then it becomes an option. Quests aren't as fun without them, especially when choosing one of the options would be a bad idea for the character.

@Silvertongued does the links nice and neat in their quests, Tinker Quest and Necromancer Quest. I think you're just making an excuse to be lazy. Like I said, when I try to do that on phone, things get messy, so I delay my voting. If you want more votes sooner, then do the links.

I like the Early Bird idea. That way it won't get too out of hand. And it's a legit reason to vote early. Consider it done. I'll put it in as an option the next time, but would it be best to offer it at every choice, or no?

I see that the writer does the links to voting thread from the story, but not the other way around. Also, I don't know how to make the "neat" links. 

I like the Early Bird idea. That way it won't get too out of hand. And it's a legit reason to vote early. Consider it done. I'll put it in as an option the next time, but would it be best to offer it at every choice, or no?

I see that the writer does the links to voting thread from the story, but not the other way around. Also, I don't know how to make the "neat" links. 

I offered it as an option every time. I'd like if you did that too, but doing it every so often is better then not doing it at all. When will you start?

They do it the other way around, but it's a hyperlink. In the voting thread, if you click 'Options', it should lead to the story. If you want to make neat links, you can try how Silvertongued does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back