• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Freelancer Files (Red vs. Blue)

[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]The next season will be about back stories on the characters; it will not say anything about any remnants of Church, and it will say nothing about the aftermath of season 13. Nothing.
And, as for Church, I painfully believe that he really is gone this time. That speech of his - with the start of said speech signaling the beginning of me crying like a baby and punching the chair and yelling "no" repeatedly because I knew immediately that it would result in what it did as soon as he said something to the effect of, "If you're hearing this, it means you won." God that fucking kills me... I didn't stop crying until the end of the credits - seemed very final. Not just for the show, but for him as well. What also made me cry is that I was beginning to realize that the show is in fact done now. Finished. No more new content that will extend the story of their lives (and the new stuff seriously is going to be no more than fanfiction made canon, since the mini stories will be written and directed by fans), and that kills me. This show has been part of my life for five years, and the thought of it being over just isn't normal to me. To be honest, I'm in denial about the whole thing. It's just making me so sad.

[/QUOTE]
Wait wait wait wait. No! I thought that the season AFTER the next season was returning to the good ol' BGC! Though, it honestly might not be bad. As long as the stories are legit and everything fits in, I'll probably tune in. So like, what will it REALLY be about? Just what Sister did from Season 5 onwards? Stuff like that? It'll be nice, but it won't be closure. It honestly DIDN'T feel like the end of the series, to me. Like, most other characters didn't get as emotional a send off such as the last few episodes of season 10 (When they killed the Meta? What season was that?.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Wait wait wait wait. No! I thought that the season AFTER the next season was returning to the good ol' BGC! Though, it honestly might not be bad. As long as the stories are legit and everything fits in, I'll probably tune in. So like, what will it REALLY be about? Just what Sister did from Season 5 onwards? Stuff like that? It'll be nice, but it won't be closure. It honestly DIDN'T feel like the end of the series, to me. Like, most other characters didn't get as emotional a send off such as the last few episodes of season 10 (When they killed the Meta? What season was that?.
Lol. That was season 8, dumb dumb.

And I agree. There was absolutely no closure. And, call me crazy, but I did not like that our last image of Tucker was him in the Meta suit. It just didn't feel right. Yes, I know, that would help them to win, but it still didn't feel right. And it sounds like the next season (and the one after that, apparently) will be about a bunch of small backstories, most of which will just be two or three episodes long. It won't show what happens after the end of season 13. And for someone who loves closure, especially about these shit heads, that bugs the shit out of me.

[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]Lol. That was season 8, dumb dumb.
And I agree. There was absolutely no closure. And, call me crazy, but I did not like that our last image of Tucker was him in the Meta suit. It just didn't feel right. Yes, I know, that would help them to win, but it still didn't feel right. And it sounds like the next season (and the one after that, apparently) will be about a bunch of small backstories, most of which will just be two or three episodes long. It won't show what happens after the end of season 13. And for someone who loves closure, especially about these shit heads, that bugs the shit out of me.

[/QUOTE]
>.>. . . I legit haven't rewatched RvB in a long time, and everything after Season 5 blends together for me.

I agree with the Meta suit, I hope it's not permanent. Just because really. . Change at this point in the series is a bit weird. I would of preferred it if Tucker came back in Halo 3 with a different armor set, rather than just giving him one now. So real weird. And, back stories huh? So like we get to see who's, do you imagine? Freelancers? Third party characters like Doyle and Locus? The Reds and Blues? I'm fine with most of those things, honestly. I don't think I'd want too much story for the Reds or Blues, though. I like how they are - In the present. Average or even just weirdos and military flunkies, rather then getting anything super cool, outside of the earlier seasons.

Like. . If this was it for their progression, I'm upset and annoyed. There were some call backs to earlier jokes, but not nearly enough nor the time devoted to the individual characters to really hit us hard, and give us a last good time with the characters.

[/QUOTE]
I just started watching this video, so I might have heard them wrong or they correct themselves later, but I believe Burnie and Miles said that at some point they would continue the story from after that ending scene. And the Meta suit thing was because Burnie had something with wanting to bring back the Meta, and something lead to something and Tucker got the suit.

AGAIN, I just started watching the video that said all this so don't take that as a fact, but if you want to watch it, here it is:

[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="Darth Corvus]Woah shit I just read that last post and got major spoilers.

[/QUOTE]
Mine? I only mentioned one thing spoiler-y, and even then it was mentioned in at least 2 posts beforehand. Plus it doesn't really have any effect on the episode, it's just a thing that happened. It had no significance at all.

[/QUOTE]
See, I think miles left it open ended so that we as individuals decide what happened so we can create our own sense of closure. We read a short story in English last year called " the lady or the tiger" and t doesn't have a concrete ending. You decide what you want to happen to the guy. So that's kinda what miles did here.

[QUOTE="Darth Corvus]Woah shit I just read that last post and got major spoilers.

[/QUOTE]
I try to hide the spoilers when I can, but then I don't even try after the first person doesn't put their comments under the spoiler. Sorry. I'll try to put spoilers under the cut from now on, no matter what.

Mysterion7514 said:
See, I think miles left it open ended so that we as individuals decide what happened so we can create our own sense of closure. We read a short story in English last year called " the lady or the tiger" and t doesn't have a concrete ending. You decide what you want to happen to the guy. So that's kinda what miles did here.
I know what I want to have happen after the ending. I definitely know what I want. The problem is that my mind always thinks of the bad possibilities and doesn't let me set the good endings in stone. That's why cliffhangers always mess me up and leave me feeling kinda confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]I try to hide the spoilers when I can, but then I don't even try after the first person doesn't put their comments under the spoiler. Sorry. I'll try to put spoilers under the cut from now on, no matter what.

I know what I want to have happen after the ending. I definitely know what I want. The problem is that my mind always thinks of the bad possibilities and doesn't let me set the good endings in stone. That's why cliffhangers always mess me up and leave me feeling kinda confused.

[/QUOTE]
I want him to have split, but just make another epsilon fragments with all the memories. And possibly another beta, aka Tex. Then they all survive and be happy.

Mysterion7514 said:
I want him to have split, but just make another epsilon fragments with all the memories. And possibly another beta, aka Tex. Then they all survive and be happy.
Him saying that he was going to delete all of his memories and hope that the other fragment personalities will be able to take his place makes that seem pretty unlikely to me.

[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]The next season will be about back stories on the characters; it will not say anything about any remnants of Church, and it will say nothing about the aftermath of season 13. Nothing.
And, as for Church, I painfully believe that he really is gone this time. That speech of his - with the start of said speech signaling the beginning of me crying like a baby and punching the chair and yelling "no" repeatedly because I knew immediately that it would result in what it did as soon as he said something to the effect of, "If you're hearing this, it means you won." God that fucking kills me... I didn't stop crying until the end of the credits - seemed very final. Not just for the show, but for him as well. What also made me cry is that I was beginning to realize that the show is in fact done now. Finished. No more new content that will extend the story of their lives (and the new stuff seriously is going to be no more than fanfiction made canon, since the mini stories will be written and directed by fans), and that kills me. This show has been part of my life for five years, and the thought of it being over just isn't normal to me. To be honest, I'm in denial about the whole thing. It's just making me so sad.

[/QUOTE]
This is a joke, right? The show isn't over yet.

Assailant said:
This is a joke, right? The show isn't over yet.
They haven't solidly said that any of the next seasons will be a continuation of 13. Burnie and Miles have hinted that that might happen, but might is the key word there. Also, if it will happen, it will probably be at least two seasons after this one and will take place months or years after the events of season 13. So it could happen, but nothing is actually set in stone. For now, the only conformation is that the next one or two seasons will be made up of short stories. That's it.

[QUOTE="Shadowborn Omen]I just started watching this video, so I might have heard them wrong or they correct themselves later, but I believe Burnie and Miles said that at some point they would continue the story from after that ending scene. And the Meta suit thing was because Burnie had something with wanting to bring back the Meta, and something lead to something and Tucker got the suit.
AGAIN, I just started watching the video that said all this so don't take that as a fact, but if you want to watch it, here it is:

[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
I just finished watching this video and I must sadly say that Burnie confirmed that Church (I will always call him Church, no matter the version, unless I'm talking about both Alpha and Epsilon at the same time. Then I will call them their more technical names) is in fact dead. Gone for good. That makes me so fucking sad and I feel like the show will be so empty from now on without him. Goddammit all to hell.

[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]
I just finished watching this video and I must sadly say that Burnie confirmed that Church (I will always call him Church, no matter the version, unless I'm talking about both Alpha and Epsilon at the same time. Then I will call them their more technical names) is in fact dead. Gone for good. That makes me so fucking sad and I feel like the show will be so empty from now on without him. Goddammit all to hell.

[/QUOTE]
Since the next season or two is short stories, we will most certaintly see more. He wont be the same as he was in the finale, but he'll be Church

Mysterion7514 said:
Since the next season or two is short stories, we will most certaintly see more. He wont be the same as he was in the finale, but he'll be Church
Burnie legit said that he is definitely gone. How many times do I have to say that. I want Church to come back, but that really is something that Burnie said.

Mockingbird said:
Why is this rp the ONE rp that doesn't notify me?
Because it's a meany.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]Burnie legit said that he is definitely gone. How many times do I have to say that. I want Church to come back, but that really is something that Burnie said.

Because it's a meany.

[/QUOTE]
What I'm trying to say is that Church is gone from the present. The short stories will all take place in the past, so there may be a chance we see another Bloodgulch church or something.

Just to be clear, what are y'all's agents' opinions on Rhodey? I need to be clear so I know who to have him avoid in the beginning. His relationship with his AI create some enemies.

Assailant said:
Just to be clear, what are y'all's agents' opinions on Rhodey? I need to be clear so I know who to have him avoid in the beginning. His relationship with his AI create some enemies.
Relationships are to be built in this, I was kinda hoping everyone would go in with a clear slate or just a little opinion.

Assailant said:
How about he and Kentucky have some history. You know, like they have always butted heads since high school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back