Music Favorite Game Soundtracks?

LegoLad659

Fairy Queen
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Yes, the title's plural, but no, you don't have to put in multiple. I just don't have a single favorite I can reliably pick out every single time, so I'm broadening the spectrum a bit ( :P )

So, seeing @Darkiplier's "Movie soundtracks" thread, I was thinking of replying to it, but then I realized... I don't really watch a whole lot of movies, so I really can't... I have a lot of video game tracks I really like, though! So, why not put up a thread for that and see where that goes?

Don't hate me please... T.T

I personally like most of the Legend of Zelda tracks, specifically Wind Waker's

, and Majora's Mask's

and

I've also been getting into Hacknet and its themes as well. Most of them are on about the same level with me (Though I do still like all of them), but the ones that stand out to me are

, the

, and the music that plays

But anyway, I think that's enough out of me. What about you guys? (^.^)

I love the Smite background music. I don't play many games, but the Smite background music is just beautiful. Listen to it, will ya' ? Just listen to it.

[media]

[/media]
And of course, the most iconic (?) soundtrack ever, from Mario (It's a-me, Mario !).

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot gush enough about how amazing Undertale is.

It's rare that something this memorable and perfectly thought out releases, well worth the $10 if you're on the fence.
That out of the way, additional honorable mentions to

, Smash for the large amount of fantastic remixes it's helped spawn, and

Final Fantasy X had some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard In my opinion. That or Castlevanya's Vampire Killer, just because it's so catchy. A lot of the older sound tracks seem to be a bit better imo even though it's kinda dated.

I always liked dragon age and it's soundtrack, the best. Dragon age origins being top in soundtracks and down the line from there in the series.

If i were to choose then it would have to be Ty the Tasmanian Tiger soundtrack, And by soundtrack i mean all the OST's it provides, A lot of the music is quirky, charming, relaxing and filled with energy all mixed with an Australian tone. The music is wonderful (Maybe just because i use to listen to it a lot as a child) but if i have to pick favorites it would have to be either Two Up Or Ship Rex. Both of them are rather good in their own environment so i had to put them at a tie.

[QUOTE="Fiendish Az]If i were to choose then it would have to be Ty the Tasmanian Tiger soundtrack, And by soundtrack i mean all the OST's it provides, A lot of the music is quirky, charming, relaxing and filled with energy all mixed with an Australian tone. The music is wonderful (Maybe just because i use to listen to it a lot as a child) but if i have to pick favorites it would have to be either Two Up Or Ship Rex. Both of them are rather good in their own environment so i had to put them at a tie.

[/QUOTE]
My family actually rented that game years ago ( :) ) I was too young back then to remember much of anything about it (Other than the fact that I was terrified of the crocodiles in the sewer and that's when I stopped playing until we sent it back), and I've been trying to remember the name of it for about a year and a half xD

How good of a game is it? Would it be worth buying and playing?

With the official release of Undertale, Toby Fox has really outdone himself with not only truly beautiful and peaceful chiptunes for towns and some dungeons, but also boss themes that are able to deliver the intent and nature of said boss characters, especially that of the True Final Boss, which steps out of the usual chiptune composition that most of the bosses follow, and instead takes on violins and electric guitars as its front, purely just to show how 'out of the world' the boss is.

I can't actually describe the soundtrack's wonder, and would even tread into spoiler territory if I even linked one of the final boss fights in this thread. The only way to truly experience the amazing tracks in Undertale is to play the game itself.

Tl; dr: shit's bretty good.

The world ends with you has a swigity swag sound track yo!

[media]

[/media]
Xenoblade chronicles has some good music. But if I had to pick one...

[media]

[/media]
Gunvolt - the one. A good song for a good game.

[media]

[/media]

Rantos said:
The world ends with you has a swigity swag sound track yo!
[media]

[/media]
Xenoblade chronicles has some good music. But if I had to pick one...

[media]

[/media]
Gunvolt - the one. A good song for a good game.

[media]

[/media]
Did Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles have the same composers? I'm hearing a lot of similarities between the two, particularly the Eldin Volcano portion of the game.

[media]

[/media]

As far as I could look it up, I dont think so. But a lot of nintendo music sounds the same (OH SNAP!)

This is a tough one... But I'll say that the Ace Combat games always have a good soundtrack. I find myself writing to AC music a lot, actually. The same goes for Xenosaga, and Xenoblade. Earthbound... Yoshi's Island, the Pokemon games, Silent Hill, man the list goes on. But I definitely think the Ace Combat games top them all. I just never get tired of listening.

Hm.. Well that's a tough one, The game is generally old, Old enough to be made in the GameCube Era though they were made for the PS2 if you're lucky to still have either of them left. Well that's a hard question to ask since i grew up on the game so it's kinda a tough one to ask to someone like me. But if i were to be honest i'll have to say the game is fun and Banjo Kazooie like in terms of collectibles combined with rather jankey(At Times) controls. The game isn't perfect but it's to be expected from an old game, But it's fun nevertheless.

If you're still interested in the game yet you're still curious about it then you should find some reviews/gameplay of the game to be sure.

Surprisingly you can still find some used games on Amazon for a very cheep price.

So my final answer is this, If you have some free money to spend then you should definitely give the game a chance.

Asura's wrath, Shadow of the Colossus, Witcher series, Dark souls series. Those games have amazing soundtrack that can keep you caught up in the game with they immersing music, Lets not forget about those beauties shall we?

[QUOTE="Fiendish Az]
Hm.. Well that's a tough one, The game is generally old, Old enough to be made in the GameCube Era though they were made for the PS2 if you're lucky to still have either of them left. Well that's a hard question to ask since i grew up on the game so it's kinda a tough one to ask to someone like me. But if i were to be honest i'll have to say the game is fun and Banjo Kazooie like in terms of collectibles combined with rather jankey(At Times) controls. The game isn't perfect but it's to be expected from an old game, But it's fun nevertheless.
If you're still interested in the game yet you're still curious about it then you should find some reviews/gameplay of the game to be sure.

Surprisingly you can still find some used games on Amazon for a very cheep price.

So my final answer is this, If you have some free money to spend then you should definitely give the game a chance.

Asura's wrath, Shadow of the Colossus, Witcher series, Dark souls series. Those games have amazing soundtrack that can keep you caught up in the game with they immersing music, Lets not forget about those beauties shall we?

[/QUOTE]
I wanted to mention shadow of the colossus but I didn't want my list to go on forever. I love that game.

I personally love OSTs that incorporate various elements into their songs. Armored Core: For Answer had a perfect blend of tastes, especially notable in these songs:

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
Dynasty Warriors also had some great OSTs, like this:

[media]

[/media]

Rantos said:
The shovel knight sound track is awesome as well!
Hyper Camelot [Otherwise known as Fighting with All They've got in chiptune] Is one of the best tracks along with Halls of the Usurper and Art Through Adversity

The entire Metal Gear series (yes, including the original MSX Metal Gears) has a great soundtrack for every game, but my favorite is probably MGS3. Assorted tracks from other soundtracks rank high as well, but the Snake Eater OST is generally my favorite. Metal Gear Rising is in its own category, I find it uniquely appealing. Other than Metal Gear, I often find myself listening to Hotline Miami's soundtrack. There's something about each of these that not only has its appeal during certain moods and settings, but is universally good.[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="Fiendish Az]Asura's wrath, Shadow of the Colossus, Witcher series, Dark souls series. Those games have amazing soundtrack that can keep you caught up in the game with they immersing music, Lets not forget about those beauties shall we?

[/QUOTE]
Shadow of the Colossus would do it it for me. Combined with the amazing scenery, such open storylines, the chilling beauty of the colossi, and that fact that the protagonist is slowly slipping farther after killing each (mainly the docile) colossi. I remember playing that game with my brother, and we were both caught up in how well the soundtrack worked.

This of course

[media]

[/media]
Can you feel that old school rocking style?

They would later change the composer (Shoji Meguro) and give him power to create games (A mistake similar to what Square did with Tetsuya Nomura, good artist shitty game director)

Still the new musics are epic as fuck

[media]

[/media]
Sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back