Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I leave for a fu dayyyyyy and i'm already lost again.

LeSoraAmari said:
@Angeliquie Perry
I've been reading through the in character and I've noticing that you're making posts that lead up to pretty much nothing and I just wanted to take the time to say something, don't worry it isn't horrible :3

I've noticed that you have only just joined yesterday? And you seem to be posting pretty much like I did when I joined. I found it awkward roleplaying with those who had been on the sight longer than me purely because I felt they had more experience and plus, were better writers than myself. It's something you ease into, and I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't enjoy it here or find everybody here pretty cool.

Usually, people on this site don't actually like roleplaying with those that make filler posts with no character interaction. Posts that portray the character to be a huge social introvert who just WILL NOT talk to anyone. That isn't something anyone can work with, and will deter people from interacting with the character. In my experience, users who have done that are very quick to leave the roleplay without a second thought either because they didn't enjoy it or they felt as though they just weren't welcome. I don't want that to happen to you.

As everyone here knows, character interaction is necessary to roleplay. And you need to do it, otherwise it's more of a one-sided roleplay and nobody likes that.

There's a lot of us in this roleplay, find someone to communicate with. No one here will turn you away if you asked, or just sent your character their characters way. None of us here are like that.

Essentially, if the effort is made on your behalf then the same effort will be given to you by others. Throw yourself out there, make your character go and talk to people. Because from my experience, if you don't do that then you won't find it enjoyable. And that's the most important thing.

I do hope I didn't overstep my mark or say anything out of line, but there you go. c:
HuorSpinks said:
That was very good advice, and oh so true. To me, the best part about forum roleplaying is the character interactions. Otherwise you might as well just work on your own story.
At the same time, it is not impossible to play characters who are recluses or social introverts. Like my two characters in this roleplay for example. Lloyd is extremely introverted to the point that he pretty much wanders around alone or holed up in his office barely interacting with people. The main reason why he is forced to interact with others is because he's a Guild Master. Lysander is extremely shy to the point that he pretty much stands around and watches everybody else interact without joining in, unless someone invites him in. Yet these two characters still get a decent amount of character interaction, and even a budding romance in Lysander's case.

Usually, what I do with introverted characters is have my first post in each new scene to be a solo post, that is, my character pretty much enters the scene and does nothing except think and observe. And then after that, I make it a point to tag at least one person in each subsequent post. That's pretty much a personal rule of mine in any roleplay I take part in.

@Angeliquie Perry
I thank you for your advice but i must inform you ive been doing this stuff off and on since 2012. Not to alarm you or be any way mean just to inform. Its hard typing and thinking when i have to watch a child of 2 1/2 running around. So therefore my posts may be a bit ... short. What i do is called a set up line with in multiple posts. I do this so my character can find things out and not for me to assume for her that this person is here and so on and on. Character knowledge is different from player knowledge. If any one plays D&D will agree with me.

[QUOTE="Angeliquie Perry]I leave for a fu dayyyyyy and i'm already lost again.
I thank you for your advice but i must inform you ive been doing this stuff off and on since 2012. Not to alarm you or be any way mean just to inform. Its hard typing and thinking when i have to watch a child of 2 1/2 running around. So therefore my posts may be a bit ... short. What i do is called a set up line with in multiple posts. I do this so my character can find things out and not for me to assume for her that this person is here and so on and on. Character knowledge is different from player knowledge. If any one plays D&D will agree with me.

[/QUOTE]
Dm right here xD totally get that.

Mitchs98 said:
>DND DM.
*cough* nerd*cough* >_>
Says the guy with a shit ton of fandom rps.

[QUOTE="Angeliquie Perry]You realized that makes me one too right?

[/QUOTE]
Us nerds gotta stick together!

[QUOTE="Angeliquie Perry]So intead of one long post in mulitple short posts.

[/QUOTE]
For the sake of the thread it's better to just do one big post instead of several small ones. One-liners are generally frowned upon. Part of why we included the headers is so you can see where people are at a glance. If your character is, say, at the bikini contest and you see another character's header has them at the bikini contest as well then all you really have to do is read their last post or two to figure out what they're doing and then you can freely and fluidly inject yourself into the RP and talk with them.

So, basically, your header is more important than set-up posts, because your header is what allows interaction. For me, personally, if I see someone's header has them in a location I am not at, I don't even read their post. My character wouldn't know what they were doing and I, the player, don't have time to read every post. It's all about that delicious delicious header.

Bolts said:
Says the guy with a shit ton of fandom rps.
Us nerds gotta stick together!
At-least I only run one. The FF7 one I attempted fell flat do to my brain not working :P . The Tokyo Ghoul one sin made should be fun asf tho ^-^.

Angeliquie Perry]tHnANKS [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24115-mitchs98/ said:
@Mitchs98[/URL] can you give me summary of the last day before i grab this kid and put him in time out for throwing toys evey where?
Short and funny summary: Boobs, magic, death threats, fighting a pink cross dresser, feels, and light bondage

Legit summary: The first day of the harvest festival, plot related events revolving around the Ms. Fiore bikini contest. A bit of foreshadowing for the next arc by @Salt Lord . Lysander and Sora fawning over each other, same thing for Grace and Masaki and Valken and Millie. Character development mostly.

Mitchs98 said:
At-least I only run one. The FF7 one I attempted fell flat do to my brain not working :P . The Tokyo Ghoul one sin made should be fun asf tho ^-^.
Short and funny summary: Boobs, magic, death threats, fighting a pink cross dresser, feels, and light bondage

Legit summary: The first day of the harvest festival, plot related events revolving around the Ms. Fiore bikini contest. A bit of foreshadowing for the next arc by @Salt Lord . Lysander and Sora fawning over each other, same thing for Grace and Masaki and Valken and Millie. Character development mostly.
Thank you for this.

So I went to the psychiatrist yesterday. When I got there I started to speak about how I do t have any grief of my uncle dying. So the bitch asked me more questions and he came out that I'm a psychopath.

purplepanda288 said:
So I went to the psychiatrist yesterday. When I got there I started to speak about how I do t have any grief of my uncle dying. So the bitch asked me more questions and he came out that I'm a psychopath.
Don't worry. If a psych analyzed me they'd probably commit me. Especially if they caught wind of what I PM'd Sin to do with a plot last night ^-^

Mitchs98 said:
Don't worry. If a psych analyzed me they'd probably commit me. Especially if they caught wind of what I PM'd Sin to do with a plot last night ^-^
See the thing is, I have a little thing called phycocis. I don't get out of touch with reality very often. I can suppress that. But the biggest mistake of my life was moping my mouth about the few voices that speak to me in the mind.

purplepanda288 said:
See the thing is, I have a little thing called phycocis. I don't get out of touch with reality very often. I can suppress that. But the biggest mistake of my life was moping my mouth about the few voices that speak to me in the mind.
Oh. I see. It seems fairly normal to me, at-least slightly. Then again I'm the furthest thing from normal, lol.

[QUOTE="Angeliquie Perry]Mine told me i was mulit personality because i could place my mine and personalities of my characters.

[/QUOTE]
Doesn't that make every passionate writer have that?

So i made a longer one and some interation with anouther charatcter so is it better?

SOrry i had a child slam on the keyboard whiile i was trying to type hence the miss spellings.

Bolts said:
Doesn't that make every passionate writer have that?
No dear, rant mode activate.

Every single hums of this fucking earth labels things with out a second thought! THERE IS ONLY DIFFRENT NOTING IS THE FICKIN G SAME YOU BIGOTS. PHYCOLOGIST JUST WANT TO FUCKING LABLE EVERY FUCKING " ABNORMALITIES " AS WRONG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED. NO THAT IS NOT THE CASE. IF IT WAS T FOR FUCKING DIFFERENT BRAIN STRUCTURES THEN WE WOULDNT HAVE ADVANCED TO THE PONIT WE HAVE NOW!!!!

Rant mode off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back