Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@Britt\-21 and I were involved in.

This mechanic is the Arcane Magic "attrition rate." The idea is that most Arcane Wizards can't actually keep all of their arcane particles from morphing into other forms of magic upon manipulation. They can usually only keep a fraction in a pure state, and the amount of arcane particles they can keep stagnant depends on their own skill. This is defined by a wizard's "attrition rate," or the percentage of arcane particles they allow to morph into other forms of magic. Obviously, the lower the attrition rate, the more efficient the user's magic is, since its existence causes them to waste magic power on each spell. The maximum attrition rate an Arcane Wizard can have without their own magic turning on them is 50% (I may increase that to 75% or even 90% depending on what you think is better). In the side thread, Adrian's attrition rate was 25%, a good but not great number. It'll be scaled accordingly. His teacher had an attrition rate of 7%, and the only people in the world who could get to 1% or lower were the group of elite scientists who came up with Arcane Magic in the first place because they had the most experience with it and the most time to master it.

There are notable visual differences between attrition rates that make newbies to the craft, average arcane users, and masters easy to spot. A master of Arcane Magic will have magic that resembles grape jelly in color, extremely dark purple to the point of being nearly black. The average Arcane Wizard (like Adrian) has purple to light-purple auras and spells. Newbies, who usually have high attrition rates, have their auras and spells tinged with light blue streaks that resemble ethernano in color. People who really, really shouldn't be using it at all have pure light blue spells, and it's usually an indication that their magic is about to horribly injure them if not kill them.

The attrition rate is also Adrian's (and every other Arcane Wizards') greatest weakness. Since an Arcane Wizard's magic requires concentration and willpower to maintain, losing focus, even partially, will cause the attrition rate to climb. If Adrian is distracted, especially if he exhibits Shonen Protagonist Rage , his magic will steadily lose power and eventually injure him. Thus, an Arcane Wizard's substitute for SPR will be a Deadly Calm state, so that they can get the best of both worlds.

Genon said:
This mechanic is the Arcane Magic "attrition rate." The idea is that most Arcane Wizards can't actually keep all of their arcane particles from morphing into other forms of magic upon manipulation. They can usually only keep a fraction in a pure state, and the amount of arcane particles they can keep stagnant depends on their own skill. This is defined by a wizard's "attrition rate," or the percentage of arcane particles they allow to morph into other forms of magic. Obviously, the lower the attrition rate, the more efficient the user's magic is, since its existence causes them to waste magic power on each spell. The maximum attrition rate an Arcane Wizard can have without their own magic turning on them is 50% (I may increase that to 75% or even 90% depending on what you think is better). In the side thread, Adrian's attrition rate was 25%, a good but not great number. It'll be scaled accordingly. His teacher had an attrition rate of 7%, and the only people in the world who could get to 1% or lower were the group of elite scientists who came up with Arcane Magic in the first place because they had the most experience with it and the most time to master it.

There are notable visual differences between attrition rates that make newbies to the craft, average arcane users, and masters easy to spot. A master of Arcane Magic will have magic that resembles grape jelly in color, extremely dark purple to the point of being nearly black. The average Arcane Wizard (like Adrian) has purple to light-purple auras and spells. Newbies, who usually have high attrition rates, have their auras and spells tinged with light blue streaks that resemble ethernano in color. People who really, really shouldn't be using it at all have pure light blue spells, and it's usually an indication that their magic is about to horribly injure them if not kill them.

The attrition rate is also Adrian's (and every other Arcane Wizards') greatest weakness. Since an Arcane Wizard's magic requires concentration and willpower to maintain, losing focus, even partially, will cause the attrition rate to climb. If Adrian is distracted, especially if he exhibits Shonen Protagonist Rage , his magic will steadily lose power and eventually injure him. Thus, an Arcane Wizard's substitute for SPR will be a Deadly Calm state, so that they can get the best of both worlds.
Yay! my CS gave someone inspiration~!

ThatSideCharacter said:
Yay! my CS gave someone inspiration~!
You misunderstand. I already had the idea for a while, you just gave me the idea of Adrian's attrition rate increasing with more experience.

@Mitchs98

Also, while we're on the subject of rankings, there are several wizards in the series that eclipse most other S-classes. Gildarts, for example, would wipe the floor with Erza, even thought they're both technically S-class wizards. Have you considered adding a few new levels to the ranking to account for people like him? I think this level of power would be reserved for NPCs and antagonists, but I think it would make more sense if this ranking actually existed so we had something to call these characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genon said:
You misunderstand. I already had the idea for a while, you just gave me the idea of Adrian's attrition rate increasing with more experience.
@Britt-21 and I were involved in.

So something like sub-ranks?

Like c-1 to 10 and B-1 to 10 A-1 to 10

Kidroleplayer said:
(How could i join in the rp?)
Umm you might have to BS your self in to the story or ask @Mitchs98

purplepanda288 said:
So something like sub-ranks?
Like c-1 to 10 and B-1 to 10 A-1 to 10

Umm you might have to BS your self in to the story or ask @Mitchs98
or range is that after S becomes a number system

like after S rank comes 5 and goes down to 1 or something

Salt Lord] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22515-genon/ said:
@Genon[/URL]
I was ready to be so happy to finally be relevant again

Until I read why I was tagged ;-;
Uh...why can't you rejoin exactly? I thought you weren't interested in role-playing at all lately. If you want to ask @Mitchs98 for an intro, that's your prerogative, not mine.

Genon said:
Uh...why can't you rejoin exactly? I thought you weren't interested in role-playing at all lately. If you want to ask @Mitchs98 for an intro, that's your prerogative, not mine.
Oh, no, it's still unbelievably difficult to be creative for this roleplay. But the OOC doesn't require that.

Kinda one of those 'don't speak unless spoken to' things for me here though. :v

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Oh, no, it's still unbelievably difficult to be creative for this roleplay. But the OOC doesn't require that.
Kinda one of those 'don't speak unless spoken to' things for me here though. :v

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean unbelievably difficult?

I hate posting on phone. I sent out a post early and had to edit it. (slowly reaches for laptop) so close, yet so far.

Genon said:

I'll be honest. I got halfway and gave up reading this.

Simple version, please?

ThatSideCharacter said:
i don't think its the magic he was really point out but really like a mage's rank up he's asking about?
Uh. Yeah. THat's possible depending on timeskip lengths.

Mitchs98 said:
I'll be honest. I got halfway and gave up reading this.
Simple version, please?
*slow, dramatic sigh*

...Alright, so Arcane Wizards bleed a certain percentage of magic power with every spell because arcane particles are no one's bitch and a small portion of them morph into other magics each time a spell is cast. Different mages have different percentages wasted. Only a select few have a near-100% efficiency. Adrian has 75% efficiency. His teacher had 93% efficiency. As the amount of lost magic drops, the effective power of the mage increases significantly, since most arcane users have quite high base magic power. However, should an arcane wizard lose their concentration completely, they run the risk of the lost power becoming so high and so many arcane particles becoming random types of magic that it could harm if not kill them. Thus, Adrian and other arcane wizards will pretty much never enter a Natsu-like rage, and instead replace it with a "deadly calm" state to keep the lost magic and particles down to a minimum.

Is that good?

Genon said:
*slow, dramatic sigh*
...Alright, so Arcane Wizards bleed a certain percentage of magic power with every spell because arcane particles are no one's bitch and a small portion of them morph into other magics each time a spell is cast. Different mages have different percentages wasted. Only a select few have a near-100% efficiency. Adrian has 75% efficiency. His teacher had 93% efficiency. As the amount of lost magic drops, the effective power of the mage increases significantly, since most arcane users have quite high base magic power. However, should an arcane wizard lose their concentration completely, they run the risk of the lost power becoming so high and so many arcane particles becoming random types of magic that it could harm if not kill them. Thus, Adrian and other arcane wizards will pretty much never enter a Natsu-like rage, and instead replace it with a "deadly calm" state to keep the lost magic and particles down to a minimum.

Is that good?
Seems legit.

Mfw I wake up to see more relationship drama instead of mage locating.

1466765513350.png

I really am gonna have to shoot these two. It's the only way. There's no turning back now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back