• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood ~ - Rules

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius

Rules:
(how come only a handful of people read these? Please read them before you post a character sheet.)

dragonblossom_ldiehl.jpg

- On profiles: I want a good bit of effort into these, at least a paragraph for the personality and bio parts. This is the only place you can build the foundation for how your character will interact with the others. You will find that playing along to the rules you set yourself makes for a much more colourful and interesting character. So please; anyone who writes in point form or who only puts a sentence where I want at least 3 will not be approved. Lastly, if you ask to join I will remove one slot from the availables and hold it for you. Out of courtesy to anyone waiting for a spot please put up your character sheets within 3 days of asking to join. I'm fed up with denying people spaces just so I can wait for others to never post a character sheet.

- On catching up: I know some of our posters are quite prolific. In light of this I do not expect you to read through all of the pages you missed in a day if they exceed 3. Instead I will post all that has happened in the updates section and this should always be very up-to-date. So don't worry if the pages get away from you. You can still continue. I will usually be posting once or twice a day so the story itself will most likely continue at that pace.

- I do want to see dedication if you join, please don’t join if you are only going to post twice and never again.

- If for some reason you have a problem with someone or what they have posted then come to ME. It is my job to regulate posts and behaviour in the thread and chances will be that I would have already picked up on what is wrong.

- You can choose any character out of legend or fairytale, this includes main characters like Snow White or Rumplstilzkin. Mythical creatures are also included. On occasion I will allow characters from more modern fiction like Peter Pan or a character from Alice in Wonderland, but would like you to ask me first.

Only humans from the real world have the ability to develop potent powers, this has to do with the fact that it is these humans that helped create FableWood in the first place. If you are a human born in FableWood, you are of FableWood and cannot develop these powers. You can however learn basic elemental magic and healing.

- What you cannot choose: Gods, angels or demons, vampires or werewolves (You can play one of the big bad wolves), characters from modern, non-classic fiction. However, if you can make a good case argument for the character you want to play that falls into one of these categories then I may allow it, but if I say no please don’t press me. Human characters from the real world must be from modern day.

- All content is PG-13 and there is a ban on any overly graphic scenes, violence is allowed as long as it follows this rule. Romance is allowed but sexual content is banned.

- There will be absolutely no Godmodding, and power-playing is only permitted if you are given specific permission by the user. You cannot 'borrow' someone else's character. I am very strict about this rule, always leave an opening for the other character to react. You cannot auto-hit in a fight nor write any sort of reaction for a character who is not yours.

- No character will be invulnerable or perfect, it takes a lot to kill a creature of FableWood but they can die and they do get hurt. I do not want to see any invincible characters please.

- Respect the other players and the rules.

- The only modern things in FableWood are the things that the humans bring themselves, even with their powers humans cannot manifest modern items like guns or bombs.

- If you wish to contribute to the plot I encourage it, but please post your ideas in the OOC chat so everyone can read and comment.

- I must say your profile is approved before you can begin posting, and since the notification system has been wonky since I begun FableWood, you must tag me when you post a profile.

- I reserve the right to change or add to these rules, please check back now and again

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back