• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Elder Scrolls Roleplay

Should I create a Fallout 3/New Vegas roleplay?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
okay so we got most of the systems over and done with will the plot just be us wondering around or would it be fromt he atcul games

drummerboi said:
okay i think we got the main mechanics done and dusted we got the obat the plot the magic and the loot
Well, you see we will be using the combat system that a friend of mine made.

@drummerboi @Kirito Kei

Hey! Mythy here! ^_^

So, here is the combat system I have made. I worked on keeping it balanced, and somewhat similar to game stats.

These numbers are based both upon my thoughts, and the game stats

Weapons (Damage Die) [speed Rating] S=Sneak Attack:

• Bow/Arrow - 2d4 [3] S
  • Hand to hand = 1d3 +1 for every 10 points in the skill (hand to hand is quite useless in the games, as well) [2] S x5
  • Staffs = 1d4 + Spell Effect (No matter what. Fire damage, light, stone skin... the hit will transfer the effect)
  • Dagger - 1d4 [1] S
  • Shortsword - 1d6 [2] S
  • Longsword - 1d8 [3]
  • Claymore - 1d10 [4]
  • War Axe - 1d8 [4] S
  • Battle Axe - 1d12 [5]
  • Mace 1d10 [4]
  • Warhammer 2d6 [6]

Blades are generally faster than blunt, getting more attacks per round sooner, so they are generally weaker. Daggers are the weakest, so they get the most attacks, and also gain them the fastest. This, in addition to being the only sneak attack capable weapon able to get the highest multiplier, keeps them viable.

Sneak multipliers:

Shortsword/War Axe = x3 (x6 with perks)

Bow/Arrow = x5 (x10 with perks

Dagger = x10 (x15 with perks, up to x30 with specific gear)

The "specific gear" mentioned is stuff like: The Armor of Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood (Specifically gloves)

Materials (Damage Modifier)*:

• Replica -10
  • Iron +0 (Rusty -1 Fine +1)
  • Steel +2 (fine +3)
  • Silver +4
  • Dremora +5
  • Dwarven +6
  • Elven +8
  • Glass +10
  • Ebony +12
  • Daedric +14

*Bow Modifier and Arrow Modifier stack. This is to offset harder "to-hit" rolls, and also to keep them competitive in damage when using lesser arrows, as the high-tier arrows are more difficult to come by, and should be preserved more. It is not a perfect system, but is balanced and fair, especially when enchantments are added. Ergo, bows, while relatively weak in early game, can be useful in late game (Especially when utilizing sneak attack capability) But to be utilized in late game, one must train with them in early game, just like in the Games.

Let's say a bow/arrow hit max damage. (2d4 =8)

Deadric+Deadric

8+28 = 36

Daedric+Ebony

8+14+12 = 34

Ebony+Elven

8+12+8 = 28

Enchantments will work simply. Direct Damage adds a fixed amount of elemental damage, Health/Stamina/Magicka Steal (Keep in mind I am not convinced about using stamina) will leech a fixed percentile from damage dealt (Percentiles of 10). This is where the bows will shine, as the damage enchantment is also transferred to the arrow (not leech).

Consider:

(Note: Strong weapons, weakly enchanted. If we are this far, the Fire Damage should be +10 at least, and leech should be 50% at least)

Daedric Claymore rolls Max Damage (Fire Damage +5)

12+14+5 = 31 (Base, weaknesses/resistances could change)

Daedric Claymore rolls Max Damage (Health Leech 10%)

12+14 = 28 (Health Leech of 2.8, round to 3)

Daedric/Daedric Bow/Arrow rolls Max Damage (Fire Damage +5)

8+14+14+5+5 = 46 (Base, weaknesses/resistances could change)

Daedric/Daedric Bow/Arrow rolls Max Damage (Heath Leech 10%)

8+14+14 = 36 (Health Leech of 3.6, round to 4)

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11021-drummerboi/ said:
@drummerboi[/URL] @Kirito Kei
Hey! Mythy here! ^_^

So, here is the combat system I have made. I worked on keeping it balanced, and somewhat similar to game stats.

• Bow/Arrow - 2d4 [3] S
  • Hand to hand = 1d3 +1 for every 10 points in the skill (hand to hand is quite useless in the games, as well) [2] S x5
  • Staffs = 1d4 + Spell Effect (No matter what. Fire damage, light, stone skin... the hit will transfer the effect)
  • Dagger - 1d4 [1] S
  • Shortsword - 1d6 [2] S
  • Longsword - 1d8 [3]
  • Claymore - 1d10 [4]
  • War Axe - 1d8 [4] S
  • Battle Axe - 1d12 [5]
  • Mace 1d10 [4]
  • Warhammer 2d6 [6]

Blades are generally faster than blunt, getting more attacks per round sooner, so they are generally weaker. Daggers are the weakest, so they get the most attacks, and also gain them the fastest. This, in addition to being the only sneak attack capable weapon able to get the highest multiplier, keeps them viable.

Sneak multipliers:

The "specific gear" mentioned is stuff like: The Armor of Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood (Specifically gloves)

• Replica -10
  • Steel +2 (fine +3)
  • Silver +4
  • Dremora +5
  • Dwarven +6
  • Elven +8
  • Glass +10
  • Ebony +12
  • Daedric +14

*Bow Modifier and Arrow Modifier stack. This is to offset harder "to-hit" rolls, and also to keep them competitive in damage when using lesser arrows, as the high-tier arrows are more difficult to come by, and should be preserved more. It is not a perfect system, but is balanced and fair, especially when enchantments are added. Ergo, bows, while relatively weak in early game, can be useful in late game (Especially when utilizing sneak attack capability) But to be utilized in late game, one must train with them in early game, just like in the Games.

Deadric+Deadric

8+28 = 36

Daedric+Ebony

8+14+12 = 34

Ebony+Elven

8+12+8 = 28

Enchantments will work simply. Direct Damage adds a fixed amount of elemental damage, Health/Stamina/Magicka Steal (Keep in mind I am not convinced about using stamina) will leech a fixed percentile from damage dealt (Percentiles of 10). This is where the bows will shine, as the damage enchantment is also transferred to the arrow (not leech).

Consider:

(Note: Strong weapons, weakly enchanted. If we are this far, the Fire Damage should be +10 at least, and leech should be 50% at least)

Excuse my inexperience, but does "1d4" mean you roll 1 dice for a maximum of 4 damage? (Plus any multipliers)

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11021-drummerboi/ said:
@drummerboi[/URL] @Kirito Kei
Hey! Mythy here! ^_^

• Bow/Arrow - 2d4 [3] S
  • Dagger - 1d4 [1] S
  • Shortsword - 1d6 [2] S
  • Longsword - 1d8 [3]
  • Claymore - 1d10 [4]
  • War Axe - 1d8 [4] S
  • Battle Axe - 1d12 [5]
  • Mace 1d10 [4]
  • Warhammer 2d6 [6]

Sneak multipliers:

• Replica -10
  • Steel +2 (fine +3)
  • Silver +4
  • Dremora +5
  • Dwarven +6
  • Elven +8
  • Glass +10
  • Ebony +12
  • Daedric +14

Deadric+Deadric

8+28 = 36

Daedric+Ebony

8+14+12 = 34

Ebony+Elven

8+12+8 = 28

Consider:

Hmm. How does skill level contribute to the weapons skills?

Hello everyone! Just read this whole thread and I'm interested in joining. I have all the Elder Scrolls games besides ESO and I'm well versed in the lore and can help if needed.

Question: Would we be limited to races from the games or could we choose any sentient race?

This looks like it could have a lot of potential! I've been looking for a good Elder scrolls RP, or thinking about making one myself for a long time. I found an RP site a while back that was very well thought out, but it was mostly centered around Skyrim. I'd rather participate in an Elder Scrolls RP that is more expanded, like the one you intend on making. You seem like you've been roleplaying for a while, and so I trust that you'll make this a very detailed RP. I have a lot of experience roleplaying and creating RPs myself, and I'd be more than happy to help you make this one. You'll need a staff, and I see you already have one going sort of. My suggestion for the RP is that we could use smaller map locations for places like Coldharbour that aren't on the main map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back