• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic EDENSEED: The Genesis War

Hi there. Just wanted to say, very nice RP. The backstory is really cool and the idea is great, IMO. Also, what type of EVE's are used? As in, if you could compare EVEs to another fictional mech series, what would it be?

Sorry. I didn't get a notification for your message D: thanks for your compliment and interest though!!

Are you asking about their degree of power? Like a comparison to how much they can do compared to what we have in anime and such?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the earliest narcs and atacs could look like the ones in mech warrior.

But the latest models would be more closely related to the kataphrukts of aldnoah zero. They could look like the ones in code geass or maybe even gundam, though I find those really overpowered.

In short, aldnoah zero martian kataphrukts would be the most accurate in relation to edenseed and the EVEs. However, where the Martian kataphrukts are very capable at flying feats, EVEs are less agile in that regard. They can fly, but that would be a special ability, and more like jump boosters rather than actual flight. Also, you could have absolute shields, but unlike the aldnoah zero ones which seem to hold up indefinitely, the EVE ones are more taxing on the mech systems. Taking too much heat without shutting down the shield would fry the circuitry due to the excessive power overload; permanently incapacitating the EVE until repairs are done (note that it is not really the lack of energy to power the EVE that's the problem. It's the fact that current human technology is unable to keep up with the latent energy stored in the large Edenseeds and pyrkaian stones)

Hope this helps :)

p.s. the imagery used in the background tab as well as the one posted by @Beowulf in his character profile are pretty adequate ones, as far as looks are concerned.

@Mine @theunderwolf its a pet peeve of mine when people use other tabs as ooc. To prevent this, I'm bringing your attention here now so you can watch the thread. There is one more I must tag but class is going to start soon and I can't remember their name.

ok so just to make sure I understand this, in the char relation part its another RPer who goes there right? If so, can that wait until there are more char Bio's before we fill that out?

Yep. The two I have filled out I know will be in this rp. As for everyone else, it's much easier to fill it all in later. That's just my opinion anyway.

@Issa22 your CP looks good :) However, you have a total of 6 equipment/abilities for your EVE though. I'm considering your minigun+smoke grenade as two separate items, since they're quite different. Might want to remove one of your abilities if you don't mind ^^.

Additionally, would be great if you can be more descriptive about your 'sword'. Isit a standard issue steel alloy? Vibrational particle edge? Plasma energy sword?

Just fyi, similar weapons with two functions can considered one equipment. e.g. a rifle that can burst fire or charge for one shot. Or an energy shield that can project the energy into an explosion so it can be used to bash things is also one item.

Hey uhh, we can have plasma shields that cover the entire EVE that disintegrates solid objects, not not energy projectiles, right? I can explain the swords and cannons though.

I apologize but I have to back out of the roleplay. I'm having a major case of writer's block for this...

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to partake in this RP and I wish you all a great time here.

YOu could have an absolute shield as I mentioned before (and by absolute i mean both projectiles and energy). But the more powerful it is, the more drawbacks. Can't move is one of them. Can't shoot out of it is another. Temporary systems shutdown after absorbing damage is another. The more it covers and the stronger the shield, the higher the drawbacks :)

My EVE will have an absolute shield.. If you're unsure, just come up with something first. We'll go through it anyhow. Or you can wait till I post mine up, to get a measure of things.

As @Beowulf mentioned, an Atlas wall is better, in the sense of reliability. If you carry a hundred tons of pure armor, you don't have to worry about your systems overheating.

@Sincerely Me. If I have two swords would that be against the count? I would only weild one at a time they are disposable. All explain that bitt when I get back home and edit the profile. Also if i change the short range guns/launcher into a launcher can I have a multiple grenades. Mostly will be smoke screens. But i wanted to know if i added a 30 second emp grenade if that would actaully be for the disruptor class.

Two swords that are exactly similar counts as one. I would even allow five javelins, if that's how you want to equip yourself. But then, you wouldn't really be a scout class.

You can have multiple smokescreen grenades, but keep it at a reasonable count (5 max). If you want the launcher to fire different types of grenades (smoke, emp) then it can still be counted as one item, but the grenade count will have to be really low. Like one or two per grenade type. Not to mention you'd have to explain why the emp explosion from the grenade doesn't disrupt your own EVE.. Assuming it's not tossed far away; you could write something about the radius perhaps.

Especially if you're a scout type EVE, it's all about minimizing weight.

And yeah, depending on what your equipment turns out to be, I might change your EVE class. It's just for category sake though.

If it's to heavy, I'd bump you up to a brawler if I had the power. But I am only co-gm, so I can only tell sincerely to do it.

Just to make things clearer:

Scouts are smaller, generally fitted with hyperdrive, stealth, piercing melee weapons, and harpoon/jumpboosters to get around. With little or no ranged weaponry. They can be taken down or significantly damaged by direct armour rounds. Their armor and shields are the weakest of the classes. Though, you could get creative with the shielding by taking advantage of the scouts maneuverbility, e.g. small shield, but used to deflect instead of absorb. They survive by not getting hit at all though. Hyperdrive in, back out to cool the systems down, then hyperdrive in again. Or stealth to wait for the right opportunity, and then attack and kill before the enemy can even react. Their melee focuses on precise piercing attacks at weak spots (or multiple well placed strikes) rather than large swings though. Atlas's and some Brawns on the other hand, when fitted with melee, kinda just walk in and smash or cleave the enemy. They can do this because they have inherent weight and mass from their fortified armor.

Disruptors lay traps, deals with emp equipment, hack, disable, incapacitate, overheat enemy ATACs. They work best when given enough time to set up. Inherent armor and shielding is the second weakest, as they're not supposed to be drawing attention to themselves; at least not until they're ready. @theunderwolf uses a disruptor class, so when the CP gets up, you could take a look.

That being said, EVEs are still several notches higher that normal NARCS and even ATACs, in terms of armor and shields. Don't worry too much about such details now though. Just stick with your preferred 5 equipment and we'll see what happens from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back