Dragonblood [RP]

Back at the camp, Seeva's clan couted the slaves

"Milady, our slaves number eleven, not a bad haul"

"yes, but the slaves are becoming too many... our food is plentiful and we're about to move off, release six slaves after we pack up"

"Release them milady? why not just eat them?"

"Because we are not like the others...they would EXPECT us to eat the slaves, this will put them off guard, make them confused, they will be taken aback to rethink their plans to deal with us, anyway, i am the clan head, i make these decisions..."

she pointed to an old, weary dwarven slave

"Him, find six slaves in as bad shape as him or worse and release them"

the Da'Kor hesistated, but he followed orders

"Yes... Milady..."

Over the next several minutes, six slaves, all old, skinny and weak were bought before Seeva and their chains broken

"Go.."

one of the slaves looked a her puzzilingly

"You're free, go back to your dwarven, human or elvish lords and tell them this clan is like no others... now go"

uneasily at first, but soon the slaves ran from the camp, 3 into the woods, 3 into the plains.

"Alright, lets move out, our next camp spot will be the same one we used when we first came to this area, from now on we will start re-using camp sites untill they start laying traps, and by then we will have new sites lined up, MOVE IT!"

the Da'Kor began packing up, Seeva looked over the plains, the small specks far off of the fleeing ex-slaves, she pondered what the dwarven lord's next moves would be, if what she knew of dwarven politics was correct, they would be slow to act, and even then the armies of their different "houses" would bicker and be un-co-ordinated.

Silence reigned in the auxiliary council room for long seconds, before Rhin spoke up. "Are you sure speaking with the dwarven council as a group would not suffice? We have never protested as allies before...."

"Yes, true," responded Odkurvi. "But we would only delay them, not stop, because the da'khor raids would still continue. It is not time to be indecisive! The da'khor themselves must be convinced to cease their actions."

"But why would they talk to us?" Herciles grunted. "They kill simply to see dead bodies. They would more likely kill us on spot than converse with us."

Oman contributed next; "Herciles," he said, "You are too set in the old ways. The da'khor clans are different, can't you tell? They take slaves! They use deceit to raid villages, not only brute force. Dottïr," he shifted his attention, "I would stand by you in this venture. It is risky, but if there is a chance of peace, we must take it."

Rhin, however, looked uneasy. "You do know what failure would entail? Death to the five of us."

"Yes!" Herciles leaned forward on the table. "At least someone here has sense! It's a suicide mission!"

Odkurvi swallowed his indignation and let the insult slide. "Loker," he said, instead. "What say you?"

Loker, who had not spoken since his entry, looked up. "I stand by Rhin," he said. "Allow him to speak for the two of us."

Odkurvi nodded. The two lords had adjoining mansions and were firm allies.

"I do not know," said Rhin in response. "I would ask your opinion before committing to anything.

"However, I do know!" exclaimed Herciles. "I will have no part in this misadventure!"

"So be it," said Odkurvi. "But please, hear us through first." He needed Herciles to stay until he could conclude his argument; he was waiting for the very end, to present the finishing statement. This way, all the argument and controversy would be over, and if he said it with finality, they would have no choice but to concede.

"Well," said Loker, folding his hands. "Oman is correct. Action must be taken." His voice was suddenly calm and collected. "But so is Herciles and Rhin. Why, Dottïr, would this mission succeed? How do you plan to force the da'khor to listen? Pinning our hopes on the fact that the new da'khor would be civilized seems inadvisable." As he finished, he saw Rhin nodding and even Oman looking hesitant.

Odkurvi seized the chance to finish the discussion. "Yes! True, Loker. I have, however, an advantage we have never exploited before. With this, we can at least bargain for our lives, if they will not talk. If we have something to make them listen, then surely there is no risk in trying our endeavour?"

"It had better be good," growled Herciles.

"Our lives hang on it," added Rhin.

"I assure you, it shall be." The conversation was going correctly for Odkurvi. They had all but agreed to go, as long as this one bargaining chip lived up to their expectations. They had called his bluff; but, as they would soon see, he was not bluffing.

"Well, what is it?" asked Oman.

"Allow me to show you," said Odkurvi. He stood, turned and strode to the doors out. "It is not far."

As the other lords rose out of their seats, the chief adviser flung open the double doors, ready to walk out; but behind the doors, he encountered the elf, crouching by the door. He jerked in surprise; "Elf! What is the meaning of this?" Eavesdropper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back