Other Do you miss rp friends?

Yeah, lost my rp partner of 5 years. It took forever to fix my characters back to being their original selves. :(

Yeah, lost my rp partner of 5 years. It took forever to fix my characters back to being their original selves. :(
any advice? I'm gen struggling bc I have this OC I love to death but he's so interwoven w their stories. It was literally non-romantic but somehow they impacted him so much LOL ... If I write him, they're always there — and they're not even my characters! It's kinda creepy and I want it to stop lmao ;(

any advice? I'm gen struggling bc I have this OC I love to death but he's so interwoven w their stories. It was literally non-romantic but somehow they impacted him so much LOL ... If I write him, they're always there — and they're not even my characters! It's kinda creepy and I want it to stop lmao ;(
Unfortunately I don't think I have much to help. As I struggle with the same thing. Though, what I do try to do if it's something very important or big, I make it vague, reference it as a past thing. For example, my characters father was my ex rp partner. And I built this character around them. Now I use something like a death, either he was murdered or she caused his death.
I find it helps to still show the impact I want to keep but, make it history. I know it's hard, but slowly and over time to gets easier and you'll find a new plot or idea and won't need to lean on something like that. I know it's not much but I hope this helps.

Unfortunately I don't think I have much to help. As I struggle with the same thing. Though, what I do try to do if it's something very important or big, I make it vague, reference it as a past thing. For example, my characters father was my ex rp partner. And I built this character around them. Now I use something like a death, either he was murdered or she caused his death.
I find it helps to still show the impact I want to keep but, make it history. I know it's hard, but slowly and over time to gets easier and you'll find a new plot or idea and won't need to lean on something like that. I know it's not much but I hope this helps.
ty anyway! I've thought abt doing the same but even just unattaching my char from theirs so soon is a sad thought LOL .. think I need to give it more time

I miss so many of my roleplay friends. I had one for eons on another website and we roleplayed for literal years, then one day, she just never logged in again. Luckily, she logged in before the servers shut down and we managed to reconnect on fb before that entire community ceased to exist, but we haven't reconnected to rp since and I've been debating whether or not to message her to start up the rp we once had again.

I actually have a lot of old roleplays I've saved from my years on omegle and roleplays I've done through emails that I'll just read through every now and then because, damn, some of them were so good and, somedays, i miss the fun times that were once had with them. I guess that's why I'm here now looking for people who still do long-form roleplaying.

There was one rp I had years and years ago. It first started on an app, then moved to kik (lol back when kik was all the rage...) I had lost contact with I miss that RP a lot. I remember that it was your standard "king x rival queen" thing. I remember our characters having a lot of chemistry and I enjoyed getting replies. This person, all I remember was that they used GoT's Dany as a face claim, accompanied with some aesthetic images of the show with their replies.
Don't even remember their username, unfortunately

Some, yes. Others I’d be very relieved not to meet again. Many I just don’t remember, or, if I do, I don’t miss them even if we got on well. You get all types eventually if you RP long enough, I suppose.

I'm still in contact with like 3/4ths of people that I rp'd with in high school
Those I'm not in contact with, some I miss, some I don't. One I really want to talk to again is one that I badly burnt because of my own stupidity.
That being said, I don't rp with the ones I am in contact with, and tbh, I miss it

Absolutely. I have a few on discord and steam still from my ancient times. But it would be so strange to talk to them now. Probably. I don't know. Still it's good to know they are still out there and such.

There's one on here, for me at least, actually.

we met here Almost a year ago, where they came to me for a roleplay interaction. After our rp interaction, we actually messaged A LOT back and forth and became pretty close, and helped each other through some IRL shit by talking it out, and then, just suddenly, out of nowhere.....Didn't reply. Not a week after, then a month. Then it became three.

I miss them a lot, they were super sweet, and I'm CONSTANTLY checking my Private messages everyday to see that just maybe, They'll come back and talk to me again. I still send them updates from time to time, like about small updates of life, or new interest I have.

I miss them so much man :[ I wanna talk to them again...

Hey uh..this is probably awkward and I’m so sorry I left you but guess who it is? I’m back and I’ve thought about you every day. I miss you a lot dude and would love to talk again just start a conversation with me. -Mizz_Maria_Reynolds (or something like that I don’t remember my old name)

Hey uh..this is probably awkward and I’m so sorry I left you but guess who it is? I’m back and I’ve thought about you every day. I miss you a lot dude and would love to talk again just start a conversation with me. -Mizz_Maria_Reynolds (or something like that I don’t remember my old name)
DUDE DUDE HI PLEASE DM ME AAHOOAKLA

I miss some partners with every fiber of my existence. I cherish re-reading old stories because I remember all the planning and love that went into crafting a perfect story...

There are definitely some partners I'd like to forget, though 😂

Sometimes, I do wonder what my really old partners are up to now--the ones I had when I first started forum roleplaying as a tween.

I've got a few people and groups I miss, but I've come to understand that sometimes an interest in an RP wanes, and the friendships you've created wane with it. What matters to me more now is that I don't lose the stories I wrote with them! It's fun to glance through near-decade-old RPs and see how my tastes have changed and how much I've improved over the years.

I did go on a fun trip through old Finnish RP forums a few months back. So many fine posts lost! What a shame.

There's one on here, for me at least, actually.

we met here Almost a year ago, where they came to me for a roleplay interaction. After our rp interaction, we actually messaged A LOT back and forth and became pretty close, and helped each other through some IRL shit by talking it out, and then, just suddenly, out of nowhere.....Didn't reply. Not a week after, then a month. Then it became three.

I miss them a lot, they were super sweet, and I'm CONSTANTLY checking my Private messages everyday to see that just maybe, They'll come back and talk to me again. I still send them updates from time to time, like about small updates of life, or new interest I have.

I miss them so much man :[ I wanna talk to them again...
You know what, I had a friend that and was supposed to be my permanent roleplayer of all time that I loved and always hung out with, but unfortunately, he’s gone, and I lost him forever. It started when I met Yaros, yes the guy I loved so much to speak with, I met him sometime around in Ambient Forest on discord or Furry Nexus, and we had so much fun doing roleplays together, such as the Lion King rp with Nala and Simba as anthropomorphic animals, and it was so much fun, you know. That’s until he deleted his fucking account with no given explanation and unfortunately it was impossible to have any contact with him at all, and went into a huge depression. For a surprise I found him he was okay when I seeked for him on Furry Nexus and he was very much alive! Sure I know I don’t go to those servers like furry nexus or some stuff, but I saw he was okay, but I think that was like last year at the end of 2022, and he wasn’t online much anymore until I saw he deleted his account again for good, and unfortunately, I couldn’t find any contact with him anymore. I really wish someone would investigate as to what happened to him, because I will never get to see him ever again, and I’m worried something so horrible must’ve happened to him, or he probably passed away, worse. And yeah, I miss Yaros so much that I will never find a roleplayer like him again. A furry roleplayer with good skills and being a nice person too and I miss him… :(

Here’s how his profile looked like from years ago, and now, he’s gone forever.. R.I.P potentially.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi!!

Yeah there is someone. Like 10 yrs ago i was pretty messed up in the head and RP was a form of therapy for me back then. This GM was the most creative, patient, funny and caring online person i ever known. They helped keep my spirits up when it was so hard to like do so own my own.

As i was prone to do back then i had a preeeeeetty good meltdown and fled from yet another site. i checked back like 3yrs ago and yup they gone.

Dint think about them until like I saw this thread.

Do you ever miss any of your rp friends that you lose contact with over the years? I miss the people that I rped with 14 years ago
Yes for sure. One of my first and best rp experiences was with a group of people on discord. We did a sanders sides rp and it was so much fun, we had offshoots and fusions and all kinds of extra content, we had real writers and artists and we played roblox together. We were all just kids having a great time. I dated two people in that server and we were together for three years and it was a really good relationship. I want to reach back out to the server but It's probably been five years at this point. Almost everyone is still in the server, though, and I could send a message, but I guess I'm afraid they won't want to talk again after so long.

Yes, I still follow one of them on social media, but we don't talk anymore and therefore do not roleplay anymore. Our roleplay literally shaped the lore for quite a few characters I have, and I'll never forget that. Another person was similar, but we aren't friends anymore at all and I miss her dearly :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back