• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Divine Rising

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius

DR banner.jpg

“…Oh but haven’t you heard my dear? It’s the End of the World…”

95215360crystal-palace-jpg.jpg
The year is 1851. London, England. Queen Victoria is in the prime of her reign and the British Empire and all of the Western world is enjoying a time of peace and prosperity. Scientific advancement is flourishing. Inventions pour in from electricity to the steam engine, hot air balloons and the first whispers of true flight. It is the year of the very first World Expo and from all corners of the globe people gather to see the wonders of the century. Not only are new things shown here, but treasures from worlds past. Relics of ancient civilizations and old gods, gods now long dead and nearly forgotten…or are they?

As the life of humanity pulses with a new vigour something stirs. Amid the new and brilliant things, machines, discoveries and alliances a power, ancient and dark shifts and pulses back. The delicate glass of its millennial slumber shatters and the beast wakes. [SIZE= 14px]The gods were never gone, merely sleeping. Passing generation to generation dormant in the souls of humans and with the appearance of the black tide they too begin to rouse. Here amid the golden age of humanity the intricate mechanisms of the End Times are set into motion and the ancient [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]deities[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] must wake and answer.[/SIZE]

This is going to be a sort of steam-punk/fantasy adventure rp where characters must help the waking gods put a stop to the end of the world and the dark forces who would see it destroyed.

Think: Around the World in 80 days/Sherlock Holmes meets Percy Jackson.

Humans are open application characters but the gods will require a writing sample before I can accept any application for them. A set list of gods will be put up but I can be persuaded if you make a good case. [SIZE= 14px]The gods will be from 3 [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]mythologies[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]: Greek, Egyptian and Norse, There will be set gods to play but if you make a good case for another I might accept it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]I am hoping to get a few people who've read up on the history of that time and also the ancient gods, I would like to minimize [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]anachronisms[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] if possible. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]It will be high-casual to detailed.[/SIZE]

Greek:

Posseidon, Hermes, Aeres, Athena

Egyptian:

Horus, Thoth, Anubis, Bastet

Norse:

Loki, Thor, Freya

Ra, Odin and Zeus will not be playable characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a thematic set of signatures you all have. 

I'm interested.

Might as well join the club here in saying that I am for sure going to be joining this RP. :3

I might attempt to make a case for a fourth norse god, Baldr. Because then I'd RP Saga as the Baldr guy and he's gosh darn fun

Also, he'd fall irreversibly and 200% one-sidedly in love with someone's character because such is the fate of my goofy prodigal son and I would be thrilled to finally RP it. HEHEH

I might attempt to make a case for a fourth norse god, Baldr. Because then I'd RP Saga as the Baldr guy and he's gosh darn fun

Also, he'd fall irreversibly and 200% one-sidedly in love with someone's character because such is the fate of my goofy prodigal son and I would be thrilled to finally RP it. HEHEH

It may have to be a different God, Baldr's death was pretty integral in the promise of Ragnarok, which will be a large part of this story.

I'm curious, what made you choose those specific gods as the base list of playable ones?

I'm also assuming that the crossed out ones are already taken. Been super interested in Horus since I saw him playable.

I'm curious, what made you choose those specific gods as the base list of playable ones?

I'm also assuming that the crossed out ones are already taken. Been super interested in Horus since I saw him playable.

They are the most well-known and the least complicated.

You may certainly apply for Horus, though I must appraise a writing sample of yours writing as that god before I can accept.

It's taken me three posts to post this. I'd like to formally make a request for Artemis

So...is it just me or are there significantly fewer users online since the move?

I don't think it's just you. I feel like a lot of users just weren't patient enough to stick around after the move when there were so many problems to start with.

I hope that's the case.

So I'm writing the rp as we speak, but I may not be able to get it done before the weekend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back