• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Digimon AU Interest Check?

GoGoPR

Digimon-Frontier-OP-digimon-34378354-500-280.gif

Back again with another interest check! This time, I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in a Digimon RP. The type of RP itself is still up in the air, but I'm thinking of something either Tamers-esque (Real World focused and, eventually, Digital World focused) or Frontier-esque (Humans that can turn into Digimon). It's really up in the air, but I wanted to make sure that there was some kind of interest before putting in work towards creating it. As mentioned before, primary communication would be via Discord. So... just let me know what you guys think! This RP would be "less kiddy" than the TV shows with a dark overarching plot!

553625e12e2264a7d01485a30a023a44.gif

As mentioned before, primary communication would be via Discord.
1. Would the actual RPing be done here or in discord?
2. What would be the posting requirements?
3. I presume faceclaims would be anime?
4. Would custom evolution lines be a thing?
5. How would the evolution timing be handled? In fact, would the evolution itself be an original format or copied from one of the two seasons mentioned?
6. Would people roleplay as digimon-human pairs (in the case of the tamer thing) or separately digimon and human? (so one player playing a digimon, the other playing a human)
7. Would custom digimon be a thing?
8. How would attacks and such be handled?
9. As humans, would there be any restrictions to the characters we could choose to use?

Your answers to those questions will determine whether I have any interest

1. Would the actual RPing be done here or in discord?
2. What would be the posting requirements?
3. I presume faceclaims would be anime?
4. Would custom evolution lines be a thing?
5. How would the evolution timing be handled? In fact, would the evolution itself be an original format or copied from one of the two seasons mentioned?
6. Would people roleplay as digimon-human pairs (in the case of the tamer thing) or separately digimon and human? (so one player playing a digimon, the other playing a human)
7. Would custom digimon be a thing?
8. How would attacks and such be handled?
9. As humans, would there be any restrictions to the characters we could choose to use?

Your answers to those questions will determine whether I have any interest

Hi there! All great questions!

1. Here on the forum. Discord could be where OOC would be, but I realize that not everyone likes Discord.
2. I would say a well thought out paragraph would be the minimum, but I'm not the type to hold someone back if they have muse. I don't like one liners, but I also don't want extremely long novel posts.
3. I haven't decided on that, but I do love using real face claims. Just a personal preference, but nothing concrete just yet.
4. Custom evolutions would be a thing as long as they make sense.
5. Those mechanics are important, but have not been squared away just yet. I'm open to suggestions and thoughts about this to make it as fun as possible while also working towards slow progression.
6. This is also an important thing. I've been mainly part of RPs where one person plays the Tamer and his/her Digimon. That's what I'm most familiar with.
7. Custom Digimon could be a thing (like using fan-created Digimon for visual references). But nothing set in stone just yet.
8. From my experiences, I would say fighting is just like regular story writing. No godmodding or untouchable characters. A hit-point battle system is something that I've seen done tastefully, but I've never truly mastered it in terms of being a GM.
9. Restrictions in terms of age and probably background (depending on the plot). So, for example, I may want the characters to be a specific age range (in terms of the plot) or I amy want the characters to be involved in something (or not).

If those answers don't make sense, please feel free to ask more questions! I appreciate it!

Hi there! All great questions!

1. Here on the forum. Discord could be where OOC would be, but I realize that not everyone likes Discord.
2. I would say a well thought out paragraph would be the minimum, but I'm not the type to hold someone back if they have muse. I don't like one liners, but I also don't want extremely long novel posts.
3. I haven't decided on that, but I do love using real face claims. Just a personal preference, but nothing concrete just yet.
4. Custom evolutions would be a thing as long as they make sense.
5. Those mechanics are important, but have not been squared away just yet. I'm open to suggestions and thoughts about this to make it as fun as possible while also working towards slow progression.
6. This is also an important thing. I've been mainly part of RPs where one person plays the Tamer and his/her Digimon. That's what I'm most familiar with.
7. Custom Digimon could be a thing (like using fan-created Digimon for visual references). But nothing set in stone just yet.
8. From my experiences, I would say fighting is just like regular story writing. No godmodding or untouchable characters. A hit-point battle system is something that I've seen done tastefully, but I've never truly mastered it in terms of being a GM.
9. Restrictions in terms of age and probably background (depending on the plot). So, for example, I may want the characters to be a specific age range (in terms of the plot) or I amy want the characters to be involved in something (or not).

If those answers don't make sense, please feel free to ask more questions! I appreciate it!
I see. No worries, your answers do make sense. Unfortunately, they are a bit contrary to what I'd like to partake in, so I'm afraid I won't be joining.

Best of luck with your project though! See ya!

Fair enough. Your call. Personally I'm more inserted in an rpg where Digimon and Tamers are separate characters, even if they are controlled by the same player. But long as its sounds cool I'm in if you'll have me.

I'm open to either. I'm thinking Tamers more than Frontier. Maybe one with Daemon/Creepymon as the antagonist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back