• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom /Detailed] Pokemon: Linked World

I have a few questions about the mechanics. This looks super cool, and I will create a character regardless of your answers to these questions, they're just good things to know when picking starters.

1st, you listed most of the statuses and pseudo-statuses, but what about sleep and infatuation?

2nd, are weather and entry hazards just flavor?

3rd, what about abilities that grant immunities (levitate, volt absorb, lightning rod, sap sipper, flash fire, etc.) or are things just too complex and unbalanced when some pokemon have abilities and some don't?

4th, can pokemon learn TM and HM moves?

5th, with no in battle items, is mega evolution included?

It's the best system I've seen so far that captures Pokemon. With that said, I would love to see it worked on a bit more before jumping in. I definitely see potential for it. Test it with 1/2 people

This looks so sweet ;_; Also working on my character, but I got some questions first! :D

What do we put in "Battle ID"?

What level should the starters be? Can they only know moves learned through leveling?

Is there going to be some encounter list for Pokemon in the region? Or how do we go about catching Pokemon in general?

And lastly... Is it okay to post bios yet? :D

@Sunbather

Oh man, I'm SO incredibly sorry! I did not get a single notif and just though my thread was flopping. :( Okay, onto the posts!

TheDoug850 said:
I have a few questions about the mechanics. This looks super cool, and I will create a character regardless of your answers to these questions, they're just good things to know when picking starters.
1st, you listed most of the statuses and pseudo-statuses, but what about sleep and infatuation?

2nd, are weather and entry hazards just flavor?

3rd, what about abilities that grant immunities (levitate, volt absorb, lightning rod, sap sipper, flash fire, etc.) or are things just too complex and unbalanced when some pokemon have abilities and some don't?

4th, can pokemon learn TM and HM moves?

5th, with no in battle items, is mega evolution included?
1. I... have forgotten... I'll work on that asap!

2. Uh... *is embarassed* Same as above.

3. That will be flavour. I just feel it'd make stuff too complex since it's often kind of case by case scenarios.

4. Yes! But only through the story. These will be like... Power ups given out. :)

5. Yes! Those are items that will be given out and are acceptable, though much later.

@Sunbather[/URL]
Literally just your ID for the Connex Link. Just a made up username for your trainer's entry.

I removed the levels because they're not relevant to anything, really.

I will disclose that in the future, since I want Pokemon teams to be kind of build like in the show - rarely, slowly and with special moments.

Yes, please do! :)

Interested, but I'm on mobile so my joining will have to wait.

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL]
It mainly centers around type and the move-set. I am a stickler for mechanics cause I hate to see things not work and there are a few bumps there. With the unlimited moves, how are you going to keep someone from using something like, Recover, 15 times in a row (besides common sense)? Or 1 Pokemon having 1 move from every type?

An Electric Pokemon can learn a fighting-type move. When they battle a water Pokemon, do you go by the Electric-typing, or the typing of the move that was used? The move-set/typing can run into issues if there's anyone that tries to game the system.

Other than that, everything else looks good.
Okay, so Recover is honestly only ruled by common sense. Afterall, I can intervene if I feel someone abuses it. I could of course limit it ala PP, but I am genuinely certain it isn't necessary. If it becomes an issue at one point, then I would implement a rule.

The typing of the move, just like in the game/series. I didn't feel it was necessary to put in explicitly because it's kind of a given?

Sunbather said:
Okay, so Recover is honestly only ruled by common sense. Afterall, I can intervene if I feel someone abuses it. I could of course limit it ala PP, but I am genuinely certain it isn't necessary. If it becomes an issue at one point, then I would implement a rule.
The typing of the move, just like in the game/series. I didn't feel it was necessary to put in explicitly because it's kind of a given?
Haha, I dunno, it's up to you. Technically you're right, these things are common sense and should be a given, but in my experience, things rarely go how one expects.

I'll delete my prior post so it isn't looked at btw!

So, my CS is obviously still in the works, but my laptop was dying so I posted what I had before it went beserk and erased it. I didn't read anything about WIP pieces not being allowed, but if you'd prefer it isn't there till it's done just let me know and I'll take that off when I get back on. Regardless, I'll be working on it later tonight, if not tomorrow - if you dislike my move sets, by the way, just let me know, I found them befitting for personalities and nothing OP (she's not exactly a competitive battler, anyways) but I'm willing to fix what I need to.

Thanks!(:

@Ayari

Ellen is adorable! Accepted! :)

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Haha, I dunno, it's up to you. Technically you're right, these things are common sense and should be a given, but in my experience, things rarely go how one expects.
I'll delete my prior post so it isn't looked at btw!

[/QUOTE]
Mhh... I like to live dangerously. :P It's really easy to remedy anyways, so no worres. And don't worry about the posts, I appreciate all input and all concerns. It helps develop! Would you like to join, by the way? Just so I can gauge how many apps I can expect.

tinkerbell said:
So, my CS is obviously still in the works, but my laptop was dying so I posted what I had before it went beserk and erased it. I didn't read anything about WIP pieces not being allowed, but if you'd prefer it isn't there till it's done just let me know and I'll take that off when I get back on. Regardless, I'll be working on it later tonight, if not tomorrow - if you dislike my move sets, by the way, just let me know, I found them befitting for personalities and nothing OP (she's not exactly a competitive battler, anyways) but I'm willing to fix what I need to.
Thanks!(:
WIP is totally fine, my own sheet is WIP at the moment. :P

Sunbather said:
@Ayari
Ellen is adorable! Accepted! :)
Yay thanks :D

giphy.gif

I'll join; all your rps are outstanding and exciting, plus #WorshipSunny2k16. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Last edited by a moderator:
Manaciel said:
I'll join; all your rps are outstanding and exciting, plus #WorshipSunny2k16. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و
You flatter meee, I cannot wait! I always love your characters C:

@Sunbather Something goofy is happening with the CS code where you insert your Pokémon. Boxes are flying everywhere and I haven't been to problem-solve it on my own.

/cue BBCode hat of shame (ˊ̥̥̥̥̥ ³ ˋ̥̥̥̥̥)

Manaciel said:
@Sunbather Something goofy is happening with the CS code where you insert your Pokémon. Boxes are flying everywhere and I haven't been to problem-solve it on my own.
/cue BBCode hat of shame (ˊ̥̥̥̥̥ ³ ˋ̥̥̥̥̥)
It messed up for me too when I used the rich text editor, but when I used the BBCode editor (without even letting the post enter the rich text editor mode xD ) it worked out better. Maybe it'll work for you too!

@Manaciel

If you tell me your Pokemon's nicknames and prefered ability I can edit them into your post for you. :]

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL]
Sorry for the late reply. I am interested, but I'll wait to see how it goes before jumping in.
Okidoke. I will say that it'd be considerably easier for me to integrate you as early as possible, so if you're VERY interested and would like to be really, like, into the group, then the earlier the better. That being said, I can definitely make it work either way, so it's all good. :)

Unlimited said:
What do you think of Aven?¿ :D
I'll write up a more detailed summary and send it to you via PM later, if you like, gotta make dinner now. :P

Hey, Sun (I didn't see this covered anywhere, my apologies if I missed it) what's the character limit? Can I create two? I can handle them both, I'm just pondering on a male at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back