• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Descended and Apprehended

izayoiix

cяч мε α яıνεя
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Not everything on Earth is black and white.

Especially not in Savannah, Georgia. In this Historical town, everything is anything but normal.

With a small pack of Shifters, what could be considered normal or black and white. Especially when something happens, leading even the pack to question what they know.

In fact....everything seems gray in a world like this.

(1x1 with AntleredWolf)

Read more about this role play...

Last edited by a moderator:
When Desmera started to fall, she did not fall gracefully. In all literal terms she just fell, her wings and body gathered speed as she descended. If anyone were to see it she would be more than asking for trouble. She managed to temporarily gain control of her wings and guided her body into a heavily wooded area. She didn't quite have a clue where her descent would be taking her, but she tried to make it as safe as a fall could be. She knew impact would probably be loud and pain, she braced herself.

There wasn't much of a clearing, but it would do. When she landed, she felt the earth tremble beneath her slightly--she also tumbled a bit. Now breathless and in pain, it looked as though she hadn't broken anything. Though when she looked at right her wing she saw blood, the gash wasn't as bad as it could have been--it would still need time to heal though. She tore away the remaining piece of cloth that was wrapped around her shoulder and then started to mend her wing.

It was dark out, even though it wasn't that late, when Evan had shifted and started running through the forest by the pack house. He'd wanted to get away from all the madness going on, and the only way he found to do that was to go for another run. Not that he didn't like running, he did. It's just that he'd been doing it so often, he was starting to wonder if he should just move permanently into a tree or something.

When the ground suddenly shook, Evan had been by a small stream, getting a small drink before continuing on. He froze, tensing slightly as the ground beneath him moved, easily working to keep his balance. Once the forest was still again, he lifted his head, trying to find any traces of a new scent, his eyes widening slightly when he caught the scent of blood nearby.

Hurrying, the strangely black colored fox took off, heading to the nearby source.

Des hadn't tried to walk yet or even get up. When she tried her legs shook and her knee's crashed back onto the ground, thankfully her arms were still coordinated enough to catch her before she fell on her face. Why didn't I just take the stupid demotion? I fell to protect, but whose to say someone doesn't rip my wings off and.., she thought to herself. She couldn't exactly hide them when they hurt or damaged, so she was left quite vulnerable.

She heard something quite small as it ran towards her, she looked in the direction of the sound. It was obviously an animal of some kind, but why had it run towards her? When she saw what looked like a fox, she dragged herself up into a standing position with the her of a nearby tree branch. Once she stood she held onto it as her shook, she leaned on the tree to help support her weight. She looked at the fox curiously and wondered if she had imagined it do to some head injury or something.

As Evan pushed his way through the foliage, her blinked his blue eyes at the sight of the woman in front of him. Quickly realizing that the scent of blood was over powering her own scent, he looked her over for any injuries. While he didn't see any, he wasn't sure what she was. She was obviously injured, but he didn't know any humans or Shifters with wings.

Letting out a soft bark, he slowly started to walk towards her, not wanting to frighten her.

The blood had started to seep through the make-shift bandage she had made on her wing, she was sure her knee's were pretty banged up, too. She hadn't bothered to look at them yet though. A lot of the shock from the initial fall had worn off, the pain had started to come in waves. She watched as the fox eased its way over towards her, "Sorry, I don't have anything to eat and Angel steaks aren't on the menu.." She winced as she mindlessly stretched her wings, "Though if you didn't come for a snack, what is it that you want? Did I startle you?"

Snickering at her comment, Evan gave the equivalent of a fox grin. Trotting forward, he gently nudged the woman, rubbing his head against her leg slightly. The scent of blood was getting stronger now, and it worried him. While he was slightly suspicious of this strange woman appearing out of nowhere in his packs territory, he was worried for her health.

Gently grabbing the hem of her dress(?) he tugged gently, trying to get her to follow him. She was covered in blood, dirt, and sweat and she would probably like to clean herself off, as well as start to get her wound treated. The water from the stream he was at earlier would help with that. With another gentle tug, he jogged over to trees he'd earlier emerged from.

She mustered the last of her energy and used it to follow the strange little fox. She followed somewhat slowly, using nearby tree's to keep her from falling again. After some distance she saw a small stream, she carefully eased herself down beside it, she tore some of the fabric from her skirt, dipped it into the cool water, and started to wash her legs off. The cuts were deep, thankfully nothing was broken. She relaxed and a warm bright light pulsed from her fingertips for a few moments. The wounds on her knee's healed almost instantly, though the pain and stability of her knee's would take some time.

"You know, I'm beginning to think you're not exactly a fox. Foxes don't normally come up to people or well you get the idea. You listen, too. Which I find as strange," She sighed, and blew away some of the dark strands of her hair that had fallen into her face. Once she washed her hands, she tugged at her makeshift bandage. She folded her wing in some to be able to reach it better, once it was off. She used her ability again and started to heal the large wound.

Keeping close in case she started to fall, Evan remained ready to shift back at any moment. Even though he'd be as naked as the day he was born, he would be able to catch her. Upon arriving at the stream, the male lowered himself so he was laying down, his head resting on his slight grayish colored paws. He kept his eyes open, watching her every movement, trying to decide what to do next.

Ears perking in interest, he watched, lifting his head, as the light burst from her finger tips. Tilting his head slightly, he watched curiously bringing forth his questions about what kind of creature she was. From what he could tell, she was not exactly dangerous, though he wasn't sure, but she didn't seem to mean anyone harm. That was good.

When the light was gone, he lowered his head and closed his eyes, listening as she started to relax.

"You know, I'm beginning to think you're not exactly a fox."

Opening an eye at that, he waited for her to continue. "Foxes don't normally come up to people or well you get the idea. You listen, too. Which I find as strange," she sighed, causing him to let out a snort, before getting up.

Shaking himself to rid his fur of any leftover grass, he walked away so he was behind the tree line so he could shift.

She winced slightly as the wound closed, her wing still held a bitter ache. One she had started to try to massage out, she took the bloody cloth, and then started to rinse it out. Once it was rinsed out she started to wash the blood from her wing. After her wing was about as white as she could get it to be she took a light birdbath in the stream-- she watched as the fox seemed to trot off towards the tree line.

Evan walked behind the trees and searched for the nearest little hole full of clothes, his pack had hidden among the woods. None of them had wanted to run around naked if they suddenly needed to shift, so they'd taken to storing a pair of male and female clothes in small holes in trees and the ground. It worked fairly well. Unless someone forgot to replace a pair of clothes later on. That was met to a lot of yelling. And hitting. But that was mostly because of the girls.

Shaking his head he shifted back into his human form. Crouching on the ground, Evan brushed some of his dark, almost black, hair away from his face and shoved some branches aside, grinning when he grabbed the pair of boxers and jeans.

Strangely enough, the boxers were Jake's, but the pants were his. He sighed, before putting the clothing on so he could head back out to the girl.

Once he was now 'clothed', Evan stood up straight stretching out his muscles, feeling a bit tense, before heading back to the stream, wondering how the strange woman would react to the sight of him.

Desmera winced as she got back up onto her feet, it would be some time before she could tuck and hide her wings. The dull knotted feeling in her shoulder brought a frown upon her face, she hated pain. At least she was able to stretch her wings fully, both were surprisingly sore--she rolled her eyes.

The fall isn't something to be taken lightly, I made my choice the pain is all part of it. The physical pain I feel now is a mere blemish compared to the joy I will be able to bring to children again,
she smiled soft at the though of getting to physically hold even just one child, Maybe, I could adopt one? I don't know, I was always told legends by the elder's--Angel's can have children of their own. I don't know know about that either. I guess there will be a lot more to see and do now that I'm not up there anymore..

Remaining hidden by the trees, Evan watched as the girl seemed to be thinking to herself. Slightly wondering what she was thinking of, he took a step forward.

Crack!

Wincing, Evan moved his foot, looking down. Realizing he stepped on a stick, he frowned before sighing and moving into view. "Well that's embarrassing..." he muttered. He hoped he hadn't frightened the girl. He didn't mean to. Looking at her now, she seemed much better. She'd been able to wash away the blood from her body, and it seemed any injuries were gone. Except the one to her...wing. His eyes narrowed for a second, staring at the wings, before he blinked. He definitely needed to learn what she was.

The pressure exerted on the stick gave way to a sound that startled Desmera, she jumped slightly and turned to find the sound. Were did the fox go, she thought to herself, when saw the man though her brow arched, "Now just were did you come from?"

She eased herself back onto her feet, rubbed her knee's, and kept eye contact with him, "So just how long have you been watching me?" She hesitated, "I'm not usually the one to be watched, I used to--never mind. I had best not bore you with details."

Evan raised an eyebrow as she cut herself off. "I've been here from the start." he stated, walking closer. "Feel free to continue talking," he offered, lowering himself so he was sitting exactly where he'd been laying as a fox. Sighing, he took a deep breath, using it as a way to scent the air.

The scent of blood had definitely gone down, thankfully. All that was left was the smell of the forest, the stream, and her. Though she was still injured, her own scent was standing out more and more. Slowly opening his now closed eyes, he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes. "So, who are you?" he asked.

"So, you are the little fox then," she smiled, her cheeks turned a bit rosy. She shrugged and looked up momentarily as she spoke, "I'm-I was a watcher of children up in the city with pearly gates. So, with that being said, I'm literally--an Angel." Her smiled broadened, "I'm Desmera Dawnstrider, you can call me Des if you'd like."

She stood up straight, pulled her right wing in, and then started to massage it. She continued to do so quietly, she didn't want to over-burden the mans mind with things that he did not inquire upon.

Smirking slightly, Evan nodded along, listening. When she mentioned she was an angel, he raised a brow, intrigued. "Well, Des," he smirked, shooting her a glance. "I'm Evan Markham." he introduced himself.

"I'm a Shifter. A Fox Shifter to be precise." he explained. "So Angel....Never knew they existed." he commented, leaning back on his hands. He let out a breath of air, looking up at the sky. To think that something like an Angel existed was a bit weird, but he did have proof. She was sitting right beside him messaging her wings. He sighed, getting a feeling that things were going to be a bit difficult from here on out.

"Nice to meet you, Evan," she hesitated, "Well, I fell f-for a reason of course. I was given a choice. Take a demotion or fall, I couldn't stop doing what I love to do. I was-am still a protector of children, I just have to be more careful now. I don't see it being easy, I'm a bit out of sync with the world--that happens when you've done the same thing over and over again for so long."

She sat back down, when she let go of her wing a feather came loose in her hand, she handed it to him, "For helping me, it will grow back. I shed a little. It will buy would more than you could imagine or could be used in a powerful spell. It's up to you what you do with it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back