• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Conatus - The Great War (Closed)

Edric Yuma

Just Another Paper Cut Survivor
kAHCHXM.jpg

Terranthea
TERRANTHEA - a peaceful world controlled by the single Planetary Government. Here, people harness the power of the planet's Ern, a manipulatable spiritual energy that runs through all living things on the planet, to create more plentiful and joyful lives, using Ern to more efficiently build structures and speed up the growth of crops. Although small crime still occurs from time to time, the Government's police force is quick to react, and a relatively high level of well-being keeps the robberies to a minimum. War is the last thing on people's minds. Life here is good, and there is peace throughout the world. But it wasn't always this way....

~

"Teacher, teacher!" A short ninth grader in twin pigtails and bounded up to Maxwell Riedl's desk, a confused look on her face. Maxwell peered up from the book he was reading and glanced down at her.

"What is it, Sarah?" The eighth grader held up her paper to Maxwell and pointed to a problem. "I don't understand this question. Who is Svengali?"

Maxwell straightened his glasses and read the problem again, wisps of his peppered long hair falling in front of his face as he leaned forward. After a brief moment, he laughed. "Ah... Sarah, you worked ahead again. Remember, our opener for this class was only one question, and I can see you've already gone... seven questions over that. Don't worry, we'll talk about him today." He placed a hand on her head and smiled. "Why don't you head back to your desk? I think we're about ready to start today's lesson."

He continued smiling as he watched her sit down. It was a blessing that this generation's biggest problem could be not knowing who an individual was. To think think that fifty years ago his father had fought for his life where he was teaching today....

Maxwell stood up and walked over to the chalkboard. As he got close, he pointed his palm out at the piece of chalk at the bottom of the board, and it flew out from there and into his hands. He turned back to the students. "Okay class, who remembers what we talked about last time? Okay... Rob."

A brown-haired kid with soft freckles across his face stood up. "You told us about your father, Marcel Riedl, and how he had fought a war that led to the peace we have today."

"Excellent. But it wasn't just any war. Historians today called it the 'Great War.' It was a war that ended all wars and gave us the long period of peace that continues on today." Maxwell peered around at the class, a slight smile on his face. As a history teacher, he had never seen his class so attentive before - it seemed as if finally learning about the great war their parents always spoke of gave them great interest.

Maxwell scribbled "The Great War" on the chalkboard and underlined it. "The Great War almost toppled the Planetary Government, but the surprising thing is that it was a war between two sides of the same government. The people who finally ended the war, however, was a specific group of four, exceptionally talented individuals. This is their story...."

The Roleplay
Hello friends! Welcome to Conatus - I am looking for four players to create characters in the fantastical world of Terranthea! When we start, your characters will be just graduating from the top military academy and assigned within a cohort of four together to carry out assignments from the Planetary Government. This is a fantasy steampunk world - densely packed cities of machinery are spread throughout Terranthea alongside lush forests and rolling plains. While your characters can use guns, swords, staves, and more as weapons, they are trained in an Ern specialization - or a specific kind of Ern manipulation, such as fire, venom, sound, magnetism, stone, and more. With these abilities, they help ensure peace is kept around the planet as cohorts, tackling the most difficult missions that normal soldiers are unable to finish. Our roleplay begins roughly 50 years before Maxwell is teaching his eighth grade class. I will not be playing a character myself, but instead controlling the NPCs around your characters.

With that said, here are the kind of people I am looking for!
  • Frequent and Consistent Writers - Be able to consistently respond within a week​
  • Detailed Writers - At least a paragraph or more, but I definitely will be writing much more than that and would hope you do too​
  • Communication - If you can't respond for some reason, please let me know! That way no one is held up and we can work around it​
  • Fun OOC Chatters - This isn't necessary, but it's nice to be able to know the people I roleplay with!​
If you have any questions, please let me know by responding to this thread!

If you are interested: DM me with a short story (around two paragraphs, doesn't need a real ending) about a man tracking down a monster for any reason. This is just for fun and so I can get to know your writing style! I like reading other people's writing, too :) (Any other detailed bit works, too, this is just an idea)

Players accepted: 4

The Roleplay Itself

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back