Chapter One: The Skull on the Sword. [An Age Undreamed Of]

Aindani

Aindani lowered his shoulders and rolled forwards, trying to put the meat puppet between him and the ape.

OOC: assuming this is enough to get a +1 to Dodge. If not, I'll have to use a Melee excellency...

I'll give ye the plus one to dodge, but could we liven up the stunt a bit more next time round? Thac0! You're up!

Adair

Frowning at the lack of damage his initial effort seemed to do, the young eclipse turned his attention to the many strange, ape like creatures assaulting him and his friends. Squinting, he backpedaled and swung his golden weapon around, pointing at the one that attacked him and pulling the trigger, hoping to engulf his enemy in the golden flame that ushered forth. He then thanked his unconquered progenitor silently as he whirled to face his side and blast the foe that was assaulting his glass-sword wielding ally, for such quick shooting would have been impossible for a normal firewand.

Attack, Flurry, Solar Flare Methodology

Results for 8 dice: 2 successes [ 6 9 8 1 1 3 3 5 ] (TN: 7)

Results for 8 dice: 4 successes [ 4 9 6 4 0 5 8 6 ] (TN: 7)

(Forgot the extra accuracy from SFM)

Results for 4 dice: 2 successes [ 3 8 7 5 ] (TN: 7)

Results for 4 dice: 0 successes [ 5 6 2 2 ] (TN: 7)

Blargh....stunt dice maybe?

Matsu:

Receptioning himself on the ground after dodging the thing's attack, Matsu pressed hard against the ground and propulsed himself towards it. He was barreling, his fist aimed towards the ape's chin, concentrating his essence in his fist and unleashed it in one hell of a twisting uppercut on its chin.

"You're ugly !"

Fist or iron technique

dex 3 + martial art 4 + 1 for fist of irion technique + any stunt dice.

Results for 8 dice: 11 successes [ 8 0 0 8 7 0 3 0 ] (TN: 7)

Holllyyyyy shit that's gonna hurt.

damage = 11 (successes on the attack) + 3 (for strength) + 2 (for iron fist technique) of lethal damage. = 16 raw lethal damage total

16 -10 = 6 dice

Results for 6 dice: 5 successes [ 9 6 9 7 8 9 ] (TN: 7) (damage/extra)

that's 5 lethal please.

Er...no, Midboss. It's DV was 6, leaving you with five over its DV. Therefore, you get 5 dice, plus your strength, plus the 2 from the charm. That's ten. Minus its soak, you have no dice left. So you roll your essence to ping.

Results for 2 dice: 1 success [ 7 1 ] (TN: 7)

Results for 2 dice: 3 successes [ 0 7 ] (TN: 7)

That makes the first attack 5 successes and the second attack 7...I'm guessing those hit?

God, they need to make the combat section clearer in the damn manual. (you can say what you want about Dnd, at least the combat is simple until mages get involved) I just remembered that my bracers add two dice to damage, so would the damage be essence + 2 ?

Actually, no, it would then come out to twelve damage - ten soak, so you'd have just two dice. >.> Don't blame me. :P

boy, that's tanking for you.

Essence 3:

Results for 3 dice: 2 successes [ 1 0 9 ] (TN: 7) (damage/extra)

To Matsu

A solid connection with the beast's jaw, shattering some of the spiked knives it calls teeth and a wail of pain from the infantile face peering out between those loathsome cutters.

Jesus, the dice surely hate you.

To Adair

Flames coil around and engulf one of the creatures, followed by the screams and wails of a child who had been hurt falling down on his knee. Soon, those flames of essence dissipate, leaving only a singed and very enraged beast, popping its joints and looking dead at you, eyes filled with murder.

Aindani

The Twilight was growing more and more irritated with the situation. "Damnit, you rotting leg-humpers, I'm an archaeologist, and I mean business!" he growled as he shifted his weight to the right, leaping alongside the meat puppet and the ape, and suddenly his caste mark was on his brow, showing the half-filled circle of the Twilight caste, when his sword arced, slicing the air with a gleam of his own reflected light towards the puppet's throat, with the clear intent of effecting a quick and clean cephalo-cervical separation, then flashed downwards - as a golden radiance emanated from the outline of his silhouette -, across the ape's belly - not to cause such a crude wound as disembowelment, but rather to excise the muscular attachments that contributed to mobility - and if two body halves hit the ground with a loud thump following his cold immersion in the heat of battle spirit, then, more power to him.

OOC: Flurry of two Speed4 attacks. Spending 4 peripheral motes on each (Waiting for the stunt rating). Despite the description, I don't think I'll make a called shot.

First attack: Results for 13 dice: 2 successes (TN: 7)

Second attack: Results for 12 dice: 4 successes (TN: 7)

This time I'll use my Belt of Aerial Mobility to fly out of their range (base movement 4 yards per tick, 3 m from personal) should I be attacked by the ape, then I'll follow through with a fly-by attack...

Personal:0/14

Peripheral: 8/32

Excuse me as I stop chuckling at the one liner. Good show.

First attack is five over, second is also five over. Ten soak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back