• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Changelings

"The norse stories?" Or the irish ones? If he knew the irish stories, he might suspe-wait, that was ridiculous. She had laid so many false trails over and other each other that there was no way anyone, not even a fairy hunter, would suspect her for anything more than unnatural eyes... she hoped. But what if he did!

"Ah, there's probably some Scottish or Irish stories mixed in, I'm sure," He hummed. There was a mix in his family. They were changelings after all. It was what kept him safe out here, after honing his abilities to such a skill- Sveni could make himself resemble animals, albeit more humanoid versions of the animals. It helped him to cover trails or sneak on prey. Animal-like features had animal scents, he had learned. Why his shelter never smelled like man was for that reason. He often kept animal appearances to mask the smell of human, or to ward off predators, "My favorite tales are of Loki, the shapeshifting god. Always found it interesting."

She nodded and tried to pretend that she had no idea who that was beyond the avengers movie. She wasn't quite sure what expression that was. She should probably mention her favorite figure, but the only person she knew from the bible was Jesus, and she was pretty sure the Jewish people didn't like him. So she just nodded and smiled.

"Loki is a god of fire, but most people just know him as a god of mischief. He's a trickster god-gets into a lot of trouble," Sveni explained when it seemed the girl was unfamiliar, "He has three children, Hel, the half dead goddess who presides over the underworld, Sleipnir, The eight legged horse he gave birth to to stop a giant from finishing a wall, and Fenrir, the giant wolf that ends the world."

She opened her mouth to bring up the world serpent, then remembered herself, and instead nodded. She wasn't supposed to know anything about northern european folklore and mythology. She decided to change the subject before she said something incriminating. "Have you always lived in... Vermont?" It took her a minute to remember which state she was. As far as she was concerned, Vermont and New Hampshire were basiclly one state. But she did know there was some kind of rivalry and no one from New Hampshire would equate the two.

"Am I in Vermont?" He cocked his head, "I started in Pennsylvania."

(You're right, how could I forget Jormungandr? AGH I might die TT~TT)

"I usually just get local maps and pay attention to roads and towns," Sveni shrugged, "But hey, its about the journey. I usually travel north and south for a while, but I was getting tired of people getting too close, started heading North."

He hadn't thought of that, "I suppose if I'm found I'll be deported? I dunno. I kinda got comfy here over the summer, so I wasn't sure if I'd keep going.."

"Some of it, Help me pull off the deer while I put more on," He pushed an empty container to her with stained cloths folded on top, "We will have to wrap them, keep 'em from getting frosted over." The man got to work wrapping meet and stacking it inside the container, and replacing it with more meat to cook. It didn't take long to finish the cooking as the fire got a little warmer, "There. All done.."

Food at last! She was hungry... She glanced at Brennigan. He wasn't, but would start begging and circling when the food came out. And she would give in and share a little. They had a system. It was codependant, but it worked. And codependent relationships were quite healthy when one party was a cat.

Sveni sighed and finally took the chance to each once everything was done, "What an eventful day. Makes the food taste so much better. You know, I kind of wish I had a cow so could have butter to cook this with."

"Probably a goat, not a cow," Sveni thought about a cow in the woods, "I dont think cows would like it much out here."

She nodded again. Goats were like sheep, but with horns? Maybe? Or did sheep have horns too? She didn't know, and didn't know any polite follow up questions.

"What else would be a good addition?" Sveni wondered. He couldn't have too many, or moving wouldn't be feasible. But a few for food. Some chickens, maybe, for eggs, "Suppose if we did it just right we could always have a good breakfast."

She nodded. "Geese can make fantastic pets and guard animals, though they only lay eggs in the spring."
(I can vouch for that. Geese make fantastic pets, speaking from experience.)

"Well, they won't be much help against some of the animals out here," He hummed, "But, it would be fun ro see it chase off foxes and raccoons."

"It could be friends with Brennigan! And protect him!" She bounced on her toes. "I bet I could find goose eggs, I know where they nest." It only later occured to her that she was probably getting too excited about a hypothetical. But geese were really cool!

"Dont they fly south for winter though?" He asked, "Might be a little while before you see any."

"Yeah..." At the rate she was going, come spring she would start a menagerie of random chicks. "Would it even be ethical to steal the eggs from their nests?"

"Ah," the man paused, "Probably a bit of a grey area. Either way their chances of survival are about the same. Might upset mom and dad though."

"They probably won't notice. At least, depending on the species. If they see you near the nest, most will attack, but once you're gone they won't notice the difference if they have any others. Still feels kind of icky though..." On the one hand, birds. On the other, ethics. She sighed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back