• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "Castaways" - A Survivor-esque Reality TV Show RP

Will You Participate?

• Yes, I Want To Be A Castaway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. This Isn't Really My Thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Superstition

coollogo_com-195881377.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This...

Kanawa_Island.jpg

... is Komodo Island.

Komodo_Island_north_aerial.jpg

komodo-dragon.jpg

An island in the middle of the Indonesian ocean. On this island; is the Komodo Dragon, the largest and perhaps the most dangerous lizard on Earth. It is an island in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nothing but ocean. And, in the week to come twelve men and women will be 'castaway' on Komodo Island...

3106031697_1_9_YYu16TiY.jpg

The twelve castaways will live in tribes and work together to survive. They'll be given no food, no water, no anything. They will have to hunt, scavenge, and struggle to live in this harsh and dangerous environment. Every few days; the two tribes will meet up and compete in a challenge for immunity. The winning tribe will be immune and stay on Komodo Island for a little while longer, whilst the losing tribe will be sent "
The Pink Beach"- where they will each vote off one of their tribe members...

Screen-shot-2013-07-21-at-5.02.38-PM.png

They will continue to vote one another off, until only one castaway remains. This castaway will be given the title of 'winner' and receive a grand prize of
one million dollars.

Could you be the one castaway who stands tall, and outlasts them all?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, if anyone has seen "Survivor", you basically knows the basis of "Castaways". It'll be a reality television show that films two tribes competing against each other, and struggling to survive. What I like about doing a roleplay like this, is that your characters won't be the only ones competing. You, and I do mean YOU, will also be taking part in the challenges along with your character. So it'll be very, very, very interactive. I'm hoping this gets enough interest because I'd honestly love to do several seasons of this, and roleplay them all here! I think it'd be a lot of fun. If you do wish to sign up, I need your full commitment. You need to be online often. I'm actually even thinking of putting an actual prize up for grabs. Whether that is something such as money, or a gift card, or even just a cup... or something, ha. Although I haven't decided whether I will include an actual prize for the winner, yet.

So, please comment and tell me how you feel about a roleplay like this! I don't think there are any Survivor-esque roleplays currently... although I may be wrong.

If you have any questions, ask me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thank you guys!​

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Phil Andering]What do you mean by a "challenge of immunity?"

[/QUOTE]
I mean that it'll be just a challenge, and whichever tribe wins it will be immune from having one of the members voted off. Sorry about that, I should of worded it better!

Oh, alright. I thought you meant it would be testing their immunity to something.

Other than that, it looks pretty cool!

I like the idea of the monitor lizards on the island.

Do you plan on getting 24 people to join in the RP, or do you want people to play multiple characters?

[QUOTE="Phil Andering]Oh, alright. I thought you meant it would be testing their immunity to something.
Other than that, it looks pretty cool!

I like the idea of the monitor lizards on the island.

Do you plan on getting 24 people to join in the RP, or do you want people to play multiple characters?

[/QUOTE]
I'd like twenty four, but, if I do not get that many people interested I will probably just cut it down to around... twelve people altogether at the least.

[QUOTE="Brian Garner]I'd be interested!)

[/QUOTE]
Awesome!

I think I might just have twelve, now that I think about it. Two tribes; each with six people. Three men, and three women on each tribe. Twenty four seems too high.

Might take me a while. My internet is being weird, only loading some sites and google isn't one of them. So the delay will probably be due to being unable to find a proper appearance picture.

Meowfyre said:
Might take me a while. My internet is being weird, only loading some sites and google isn't one of them. So the delay will probably be due to being unable to find a proper appearance picture.
No problem!

The overview is now done! If you guys wanna give it a little read!

@Phil Andering @Brian Garner @Meowfyre @Keira Winston

Guys, there are three spots left ( all male ). If you want to get them you should try and make your CS as soon as possible, just in case someone else comes in and claims it instead!

Superstition said:
No problem!

The overview is now done! If you guys wanna give it a little read!

@Phil Andering @Brian Garner @Meowfyre @Keira Winston

Guys, there are three spots left ( all male ). If you want to get them you should try and make your CS as soon as possible, just in case someone else comes in and claims it instead!
I would join, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment. Sorry, but I don't think I will join. I love the idea though.

[QUOTE="Keira Winston]I would join, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment. Sorry, but I don't think I will join. I love the idea though.

[/QUOTE]
That's fine! ^-^

If this is successful then there is always next season, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back