• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blood & Ruin (A Dark Fantasy Roleplay)

@oxicodone I could see my character and Eden simultaneously getting along but also butting heads as well xD you are ofc accepted!

Just out of curiosity, if I could get a show of hands how many more characters/sign-ups are we waiting for? I feel like I am getting rather close to my maximum that I want for this roleplay.
I'm about to finish my alchemist doctor!

if I could get a show of hands how many more characters/sign-ups are we waiting for? I feel like I am getting rather close to my maximum that I want for this roleplay.
Hi hi. I'm new but love the idea, characters and players here so far.
Probably gonna be able to send in a sheet sometime tonight. But if you're out of space, I completely respect that and wish the best for the RP

Hi hi. I'm new but love the idea, characters and players here so far.
Probably gonna be able to send in a sheet sometime tonight. But if you're out of space, I completely respect that and wish the best for the RP
JSPD2000 JSPD2000
Got the character sheet ready to go if you've got space for one more

Anwyll Dagir

• Anwyll.jpegName: Anwyll Dagir

Appearance

Eyes: Deep, forest green

Hair: Shoulder-length, curly brown hair – sometimes hidden under his cloak

Height: 6” 0’

Weight: 190 lbs

Skin: Olive toned

Distinguishing features: Wolf-themed yin-yang tattoo on the upper-right side of his back
    images.jpeg

Had some issues with the code there (second time using it, so still trying to figure it all out) but think I managed to get everything

Wyll Wyll you are accepted! I enjoyed reading your character :)

Roxy Roxy hi there! Sadly, I have reached my cut-off point, however, I can definitely reach out to you first should a spot open up! Does that sound good?

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo it will be done today! :)

Glad you liked him. Had fun writing him up.
I promise I won't send him on a convoluted mission to assassinate the king
Futurama Squinting GIF

Discussion thread is up! Feel free to use it for discussion purposes. I’m going to leave this thread as the official sign up thread :)

Roleplay IC thread will be up today as well!

Name
Dr. Remona Ashencrest

Appearance
Dr. Rem stands at a height of 5'8" with a slender build befitting that of a doctor who spends most of her time confined in a laboratory. With emerald eyes and short blond locks, many says that the doctor possesses an angelic face that betrays her personality. She has a fair complexion marked by a notable pair of burn scars extending from her forearms to the tips of her fingers.

In terms, of fashion, Dr. Rem likes to mix professionalism with her personal touch. She typically wears formal articles like blouses and pencil skirts beneath her signature lab gowns, accompanied by a black-rimmed monocle. As for her disfigured hands, she makes sure to conceal them with a pair of long gloves.

Personality
The doctor is often described as a reserved individual who is strongly dedicated to her profession as a physician-alchemist. She is a cold and calculating person who may come across as someone who's unconcerned for the general populace, with many believing that she'd readily set a town on fire if it'd prove a hypothesis. Although they aren't wrong, the doctor would be lying if she claimed that she has no emotional sentiments at all. In truth, she tries her best to shove any personal bias in order to put her pursuit of knowledge first. To the doctor, knowledge is everything. It is the deadliest sword, the hardest shield, the sharpest tongue, and the strongest medicine.

As such, the doctor tries not to concern herself with any personal relations. She strictly conforms to keeping all interactions at a professional level, with each word slipping out of her mouth laced with an objective. Never one to show any vulnerability, she makes sure that she's surrounded by a self-imposed high wall at all times. Of course, it goes without saying that she'd rather shoot her own foot than ask for any form of assistance. Admittedly, this flaw of hers has led her to countless of needless frustrations; nonetheless, she doesn't seem willing to part with her palpable pride.

The doctor also has difficulties managing her finances due to her extravagant upbringing.

Background
The Ashencrest was a noble family residing in the Capital, rumored to have been favored by the monarchs due to their knowledge and talent in alchemy. For many generations, an Ashencrest has held the title of Head Alchemist within the palace, serving the royal family with an undying loyalty. They were credited to have concocted potions that has healed rulers, warded off invaders, and generally improved the quality of life of the citizens of Salos. Suffice to say, they were extremely respected and each of their members carried the heavy weight of generational expectations.

Doctor Remona was no exception. Ever since she was young, Rem has shown strong promise as an alchemist, being one of the most excellent scholars in the royal academy with plenty of recognitions to boast of. It was easy to assume that she'd succeed her father in being the country's Head Alchemist. Thus, the doctor lived a shining life of fame and luxury, never having to worry about anything but her family's image and profession.

When Dr. Remona was 25 and fresh from college, she accidentally invented a deadly explosive after a laboratory mishap which caused severe damage on her arms. Upon waking up from her short coma, the doctor thought that she has brought dishonor to her family and that her career was done for but she couldn't have been more wrong. As it turns out, authorities had been impressed by her accidental concoction and began considering its premise as a weapon capable of unprecedented damage.

Commissioned by the royal family themselves, her father appointed her as the lead of a small team in charge of perfecting the explosive into a secret arsenal. Due to the bomb's capability and the sensitivity of its purpose, strict protocols regarding its existence was implemented. Information regarding the experiment, named "Dragon Fire", was kept to a small circle and only Dr. Remona was allowed to know and record its formula.

At least, that was how it was supposed to be. Two years after the project's start, a copy of the explosive was set off in a key fortress within the Capital. The chaos caused major damage and cost the lives of a number of soldiers. Investigators found out that the attack was orchestrated by a group of rebels who somehow got their hands on the bomb. Even worse, the leader of the group turned out to be an individual whom Dr. Remona has closely associated herself with on a personal level.

The authorities were quick to point fingers at her, they deemed her guilty for collaborating with criminals. As damage control, the Ashencrest family decided to surrender her to the officials. Fearing for her life, the doctor choreographed another explosion in their family mansion the night she was meant to be arrested, faking her own death while making her escape out of the capital.

Somehow, her plan worked and she found herself hiding in a quaint town called Bellus. Although it offered nothing but a sliver of the quality of life she enjoyed in the capital, the doctor opted to settle while keeping a low profile. Using all the money she managed to take with her, Rem was able to buy a small clinic with an alchemical room that let her offer her service and potions to the citizens. Remona has been begrudgingly playing the role of a small-town doctor for about a year now.

Weapon
A small dagger and a vial of Nightshade poison

Other
- There are still a few wanted posters of her scattered about, especially in the Capital, with the promise of a handsome reward

Alrighty, I finished my character sheet! Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, still a bit new to RPNation, haha

Name
Calliope “Cali” Arnault (formerly Isabel Camonte)

Appearance
Calliope has black hair tied into twin tails towards the back, stretching down her lower thighs, alongside two red bow hair ties and two short bangs at the front of her hair. She has amber eyes and a fair complexion. She is slim yet slightly muscled and stands at 5’7”, weighing around 102 pounds. She has a long scar on her shoulder, a longer scar on her back, and a shorter scar on her right thigh, but those have mostly faded as the incidents that caused these scars happened a long time ago and have mostly healed. She still actively attempts to fix them and does her best to hide them. Other than the scars, Calliope has unblemished, nearly perfect, soft skin that she does take care of often.

She wears a black, somewhat fancy, buttoned long black top made with comfortable cotton material. The top stretches down to just below her stomach. She also wears a medium-length red informal dress that stretches down to her knees. Additionally, the dress has a belt with a simple leather quiver attached. She wears simple black leather low boots, short white socks, and a silver pendant necklace.

Personality
Calliope is a very resilient person. Despite all she’s been through, she’s still standing. But despite that, she doesn’t have a lot of confidence in herself. She constantly blames herself for things that are out of her control. Additionally, she’s a bit paranoid, especially at night.

Calliope isn’t the best person for social talk, either. She usually comes off as serious and cold, even if she doesn’t mean to. She does her best to keep herself secretive and won’t usually reveal much about her other than her new name and made-up background. Also, she’s one to talk about the flaws someone may have, and she can easily get angry.

Calliope longs for someone with whom she can confide her whole self and backstory. She longs to live a normal, everyday life and grow up peacefully with a loving partner.

Background
Calliope (Isabel at the time) was born to an infamous, ruthless family of assassins. In her home country, they were the most feared and successful assassins, with kills almost entirely guaranteed. As a young child, her parents had already begun to train her to become an assassin. She had to deal with hours and hours of brutal training, constantly throwing up, being sore 24/7, and getting sick almost weekly. After a few years of training, she became a strong assassin. Due to her parents’ harsh conditioning and training, she accepted her life as an assassin early. As she grew into an older adult, she was known for her agility and quickness and was ready to start taking in clients. Her weapon of choice was the family longsword, which she was probably the best in the family at using at the time.

She quickly dealt with her first target, one of the country’s nobles and advisors. That being said, Isabel, who was taught never to feel bad for her targets, actually felt guilty. The next week, she couldn’t sleep and cried herself to sleep. However, she was forced to take in more clients and reached five kills. She felt guilty for most of them, thinking about the families they left behind. She never actively resisted doing this, but in her mind, she was thinking of how to stop this. She wished she could just live a normal life.

She decided she needed to end this. Now.

With her parents unarmed in the backyard of their mansion, she took fate into her own hands. With a loud growl, she killed both of her parents instantly. However, a family member who had just arrived saw this and attacked Isabel. The fight was brutal, with both sides taking blows and a lot of shouting and crying, but in the end, after Isabel withstood three blows, she killed the family member, too.

She fled the scene, taking the money she had received and a backpack, and decided to leave, far, far away. Originally, she traveled by foot to escape her city but soon took a carriage and even a few ferries with her savings. She found herself far away in the Kingdom of Salos, an unfamiliar land, and arrived five months ago.

There, she ditched her previous identity, grew out, and even dyed her hair, changing her normal outfit and even changing her weapon to a simple bow. She doesn’t mainly use the bow for combat, as she does it as more of a hobby because she doesn't currently have much experience with it. She also works part-time in maintenance to keep money afloat. Despite not really meeting anyone, she still has found a new purpose: living a normal life, with potentially some adventure.

But her past life as an assassin still lingers in her mind to this day.

Weapon
Basic Simple Bow
(formerly Longsword)

Other
N/A

Wow! Love this character! You are ofc accepted :) I’ll add your character to the list of accepted characters when I get a chance.

And with that, I believe we have everyone in and accounted for!

Wow! Love this character! You are ofc accepted :) I’ll add your character to the list of accepted characters when I get a chance.

And with that, I believe we have everyone in and accounted for!
Hey there, I'm pretty sure I was accepted a long time ago; please correct me if I'm wrong.

hi, i know i'm late to this but would you be willing to accept another into the roleplay? i am in love with the lore/setting and would die to be apart of it. if it is too much for you, no worries! hopefully i can catch the next one :c

hi, i know i'm late to this but would you be willing to accept another into the roleplay? i am in love with the lore/setting and would die to be apart of it. if it is too much for you, no worries! hopefully i can catch the next one :c

Hi :D Thanks for your interest :) unfortunately slots are indeed filled, however, should a spot open up/or if I decide to open up more spaces I’ll let you know for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back