• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Blessed (World building)

I think it would be a good idea to start with what you've thought of so far.

Like,what is the world like? Who are the major supernatural players? Who or what is threatening them and how did they choose their demigods/champions?

Alright so what i have gotten figured out so far is it will be a fantasy style but based in a modern setting. So cars and cites and what not but with magic still don't know about letting guns in or not. As for the major powers I'm going allow any gods based on any faith unless they are turkey evil. Like hades is the god of the under world but in lore he is not actually an evil god. The evil entity's are the Old ones basically old forgotten gods that got sealed and are now pissed.

As for how your chosen is bloodline or based on your Faith. Like one god picks there champion because they are distance blood line form when the gods walked with mortals. Or they can pick you because you have a strong connection with there faith and belive in there pantheon

Sounds like a good starting point,could probably help to flesh out the overall plotline. Like why are the gods acting now,and what they need their demigods to do in order to solve the crisis? If you've planned out puzzles and action,you probably have an outline of that already.

After years and years of the gods drifting more away form the mortals most of them.have become a myth. They have few churches or groups that believe in them due this there power has weaned causing the old ones to start seeding there own power in select individuals (cults) whos goal has been to target these churches or secs and wipe them.oit starting with the smallest frist. By the time the bigger gods take notice the old ones have gotten to powerful. And gods being gods don't like working together.

Rex_Masters Rex_Masters So do you have a plan for how the group of heroes gets together to start with? Do they have to find each other and team up? Or will they have done so by the start? Did the gods put their differences aside and plan a team to save their skins,or is each god/pantheon just responsible for their own hero and the heroes themselves chose to team up?

This I'm still bating around with on my head. The gods might be difficult and reluctant to work together themselves but there not dumb. So I'm thinking the characters are drawn to a meeting point...or are all members of a class or something like that

Yeah,maybe it's something that subtly draws them together,by the will of the gods as opposed to an overt order.

Though I must say I'm full up on school settings for now. If I may suggest,maybe the group members could be in the (young) adult range.

Yes anyone in is welcome to join in. And that's fine I like pushing the age to young adult makes sense so like twenty's old enough to know better but still to young to care

I was also thinking a fun idea would be to let some people take over the big bads sometimes. Like I will always keep the narrative and us on a steady path obviously not controlling but make the RP stays moving forward. But each time we get to a story point that us based around a big baddie I can work with someone to control them. This way each villian feels unquie

So if the gods gain power through these churches & worship, an implied side-goal might be to become famous heroes. If that’s the case, them meeting each other could be as simple as showing up to a big event, all with the same intent to show off and rep their god.

So if the gods gain power through these churches & worship, an implied side-goal might be to become famous heroes. If that’s the case, them meeting each other could be as simple as showing up to a big event, all with the same intent to show off and rep their god.
This could be a fun side quest as the story goes along like get more worshippers for your god which turn gets your stronger since they have more power to lend.

Yup all pantheons are welcomed. But I would like it to be actual god that was believed in. If that makes sense.
I suppose my main question is how prevalent does a God have to be before it is actually considered a God. Like Greek/Roman pantheons have Daemons which are technically gods, but probably more akin to guardian angels.

That would be the more prominent ones like Zeus being such a know god he has lived on in multiple forms of media. Where Hebe would have already fallen at this point because she is a lesser know goddess in this day and age.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back