Blackwood Academy for the Gifted

Null said:
Name: Sonoda Natsumi

images

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Species: Human

Background: Sonoda never knew her parents, due to a set of extraordinary coincidences that led to her arrival at an orphanage the same day as her birth, she grew up here, and led a fairly average life, with a good few incidents, and a small, close knit group of 4 friends. 3 years prior to arrival at blackwood academy, Sonoda awoke to gunfire, as a group of agents from a secret organization, dedicated to the suprsesion of the gifted had broken into the orphanage, ironically, this would be the catalyst for her gifts awakening, she and her friends ran to hide in the basement, and as they did, she watched them gunned down in cold blood, barely managing to escape herself by creating a large cloud of smoke through which she was able to escape outside, and live in various places over the years, until recieving an Invitation to blackwoods academy, figuring it better than living where she was now, Sonoda accepted with great haste

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Red, Fine Foods, A Good Night's Sleep, Competition Dislikes: Being Outsmarted, Being Touched while in deep thought, Feeling ignored, which happens quite often even if untrue

Personality: Sonoda is a fun-loving introverted person, who will often spend large quantities of time interacting with others, before becoming completely exhausted and making excuses to get away from others in order to recharge mentally for future interaction, Sonoda is additionally constantly paranoid that those she cares for will suddenly die or leave her, although this does not stop her from making a great many friends, and in facts leads to her caring even more for her friends. Sonoda is terrified of Loud noises, as they remind her of Gunfire, although this fear is not enough to cause her to collapse, it is enough to impact her ability to function in a high-stress environment.

Gift: Alchemy, Sonoda is able to transmute anything within 7 meters into anything else, but only if the exchange is equivalent, and nothing created is created outside of the 7 meter range, she must have line-of-sight to the target, or be touching it, the further from her, the harder it is to manipulate, and the more precise or numerous the changes, the longer they take to complete, and the more mental strain sonoda undergoes.

Best subject: Science

Worst Subject: History

Grade: Class 1 (Grade 10)

Motivation: Sonoda wishes to avenge her dead friends, and aid to create a safe place for all those who are gifted and feel they have no where to go

Optional Pet: Nope
This seems great. Now, just a couple things:

In regards for the background, please try re-writing it. In terms of content, it`s perfect, however, it`s just one step away from impossible to read. Punctuation and verbal tenses have to be corrected here.

As for the gift, you seem to have placed a lot of safety measures, well done. However, it`s still not enough. I`ll explain. Given your choice of words, I`ll assume it was taken from fullmetal alchemist. That said:

-please clarify the meaning of "transmute". Not everyone has seen fullmetal alchemist.

-I don`t know about you, but when I go out into the street I don`t usually bring a scale to measure the weight and mass of every rock I find. Therefore, there is no way that the "equivalent exchange" can work properly in rp, unless there is a supporting set of rules that can guide what can or can`t be transmuted with what

-Energy. It probably takes energy to transmute stuff AND to make it move. This wouldn`t be a problem, except I kinda see you trying to make giant blocks of stone rise from the ground. NO. Limit what one can transmute.

-On the same line, no transmuting living beings or any form of object with "magic" powers.

Azula Cross] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17887-xidiamond/ said:
@xIDiamond[/URL] yeah, I know it, don't worry, I just think a little feedback will improve my creativity (^.^)
@Idea wow, really? Thank you! I'm flattered and so is she (Elanile)
No problem.

Aqua said:
The explosion from the knife it doesn't do real damage like blow a limb off that's what I mean.
I see. I went and checked your profile, you did mention they were "explosive knifes", so I apologize for my misunderstanding. However, not being able to avoid your attack and then counter-attack means your characters is essentially unbeatable. A machine gun with infinite explosive ammo? How are you gonna lie through that? You can only do it, if you work SPECIFICALLY to beat that weapon. When you have such a situation, where the only way to stand a chance against your character is by coming with a specific counter to it, then your character is OP. So, in other words, it`s what I said before. Infinite knifes? Alright. Explosive? If it`s not too intense. But no firing them a machine-gun speeds and no making an army and hurling at your opponent at once.

Idea said:
In regards for the background, please try re-writing it. In terms of content, it`s perfect, however, it`s just one step away from impossible to read. Punctuation and verbal tenses have to be corrected here.

As for the gift, you seem to have placed a lot of safety measures, well done. However, it`s still not enough. I`ll explain. Given your choice of words, I`ll assume it was taken from fullmetal alchemist. That said:

-please clarify the meaning of "transmute". Not everyone has seen fullmetal alchemist.

-I don`t know about you, but when I go out into the street I don`t usually bring a scale to measure the weight and mass of every rock I find. Therefore, there is no way that the "equivalent exchange" can work properly in rp, unless there is a supporting set of rules that can guide what can or can`t be transmuted with what

-Energy. It probably takes energy to transmute stuff AND to make it move. This wouldn`t be a problem, except I kinda see you trying to make giant blocks of stone rise from the ground. NO. Limit what one can transmute.

-On the same line, no transmuting living beings or any form of object with "magic" powers.
Alright, i'll edit the original post to try to make everything comprehensible and re-write the power, thanks for the speedy reply.

BradG said:
Its a school there has to be more people then us . I would make other students up. No major powers .
I am assuming those other students are the NPCs you said you`d make yourself and then control? I think I explained this before, but here it goes: IC, there is no distinction between a player-made character and an NPC. So, I`m asking: What`s the distinction IC for your power? Don`t misunderstand here: Full control of anything, for nomatter how long is ALWAYS OP. No exceptions. So the gift has to be downgraded.

Null said:
Alright, i'll edit the original post to try to make everything comprehensible and re-write the power, thanks for the speedy reply.
NP. I am reviewing your stuff and offered to help @xlDiamond , so I have to at least try and do it in time, no?

images

Background: Sonoda never knew her parents, Due to growing up in an orphanage, She had a fairly standard life and a small, Close knit group of 4 friends. Three years prior to joining blackwood academy Sonoda awoke to gunfire from a group dedicated to the suppression of the gifted ironically, This would be the catalyst for her. She and her friends ran to hide in the basement, But before they could make it, A barrage of gunfire killed her friends, She barely managing to escape by creating a large cloud of smoke through which she escaped outside, And began to wander the city, As time passed, She became slightly better with her ability, And was invited to blackwood acadaemy. Sonoda accepted with great haste, looking forward to a new life.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Red, Fine Foods, A Good Night's Sleep, Competition Dislikes: Being Outsmarted, Being Touched while in deep thought, Feeling ignored, which happens quite often even if untrue

Personality: Sonoda is a fun-loving introverted person, Who will often spend large quantities of time interacting with others, before becoming completely exhausted and making excuses to get away from others in order to recharge mentally for future interaction, Sonoda is additionally constantly paranoid that those she cares for will suddenly die or leave her, Although this does not stop her from making a great many friends, And in facts leads to her caring even more for her friends. Sonoda is terrified of Loud noises, As they remind her of Gunfire, Although this fear is not enough to cause her to collapse, It is enough to impact her ability to function in a high-stress environment.

Gift: Reshaping: Sonoda is capable of changing any physical, non-living or magical matter into another, so long as the two are: A: within 7 meters of sonoda, and B: conceptually related.

IE: Air into Smoke, Dirt into Rocks, Water into Wine. Smoke Into Fire.

the more complex the changes sonoda imparts to an item, the larger the menal strain she undergoes, and can eventually be knocked out, or, in extreme cases, have a Stroke leading to permanent consequences.

Motivation: Sonoda wishes to avenge her dead friends, And aid to create a safe place for all those who are gifted and feel they have no where to go

@Idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Null said:

images

Background: Sonoda never knew her parents, due to growing up in an orphanage, she had a fairly standard life and a small, close knit group of 4 friends. 3 years prior to joining blackwood academy Sonoda awoke to gunfire from a group dedicated to the suppression of the gifted ironically, this would be the catalyst for her. she and her friends ran to hide in the basement, but before they could make it, a barrage of gunfire killed her friends, she barely managing to escape by creating a large cloud of smoke through which she escaped outside, and began to wander the city, as time passed, she became slightly better with her ability, and was invited to blackwood acadaemy. Sonoda accepted with great haste, looking forward to a new life.

Personality: Sonoda is a fun-loving introverted person, who will often spend large quantities of time interacting with others, before becoming completely exhausted and making excuses to get away from others in order to recharge mentally for future interaction, Sonoda is additionally constantly paranoid that those she cares for will suddenly die or leave her, although this does not stop her from making a great many friends, and in facts leads to her caring even more for her friends. Sonoda is terrified of Loud noises, as they remind her of Gunfire, although this fear is not enough to cause her to collapse, it is enough to impact her ability to function in a high-stress environment.

Gift: Reshaping: Sonoda is capable of changing any physical, non-living or magical matter into another, so long as the two are: A: within 7 meters of sonoda, and B: conceptually related.

IE: Air into Smoke, Dirt into Rocks, Water into Wine. Smoke Into Fire.

the more complex the changes sonoda imparts to an item, the larger the menal strain she undergoes, and can eventually be knocked out, or, in extreme cases, have a Stroke leading to permanent consequences.

Motivation: Sonoda wishes to avenge her dead friends, and aid to create a safe place for all those who are gifted and feel they have no where to go

@Idea
It`s fixed, as far as I can see. Please correct the background by making the letters capital in appropriate places.

Sorry guys fell asleep and won't be on till 10:40 am

And can someone give me a summary of what I missed.

Idea said:

No problem.

I see. I went and checked your profile, you did mention they were "explosive knifes", so I apologize for my misunderstanding. However, not being able to avoid your attack and then counter-attack means your characters is essentially unbeatable. A machine gun with infinite explosive ammo? How are you gonna lie through that? You can only do it, if you work SPECIFICALLY to beat that weapon. When you have such a situation, where the only way to stand a chance against your character is by coming with a specific counter to it, then your character is OP. So, in other words, it`s what I said before. Infinite knifes? Alright. Explosive? If it`s not too intense. But no firing them a machine-gun speeds and no making an army and hurling at your opponent at once.
you have a point no boom booms.

Aqua said:
Sorry guys fell asleep and won't be on till 10:40 am

And can someone give me a summary of what I missed.

you have a point no boom booms.
Good then. Well, from what I can see you`re good to go unless the owner has any objections.

Idea said:
Good then. Well, from what I can see you`re good to go unless the owner has any objections.
Like I said the four special armors will be released in time that and I'm to lazy and I have summer school so I'll only be posting once until 10:40

Aqua said:
Like I said the four special armors will be released in time that and I'm to lazy and I have summer school so I'll only be posting once until 10:40
alright. Just don`t post them in the middle of a fight or a prelude to one you know will take place.

Idea said:
alright. Just don`t post them in the middle of a fight or a prelude to one you know will take place.
I know I'll post before a fight because I already have them planned out. XP

@Idea No, she cannot do ridiculous healing things like growing back limbs. And as far as set limits on her powers, healing others and healing herself have the same limits. But I cannot give you a full list of what she can and cannot do limit wise, sorry there are just too many variables that happen inside the RP. Never will she ever be able to do body regeneration or things like that. Like maybe she can just "stitch up" the wound, but remember a weakness of her power is the wound would transfer over to her too. So if she tried to help someone who just lost an arm or something, she too would lose her arm. And so with the energy thing, that too I feel like you are just going to have to trust I can judge based on the conditions that are happening in the RP. I do not want an overpowered character, I love a character with weakness so I am in no way going to make my character seem indestructible or immortal as you like to keep throwing out there. She is not either of those things, she can be wiped out for days when she uses her power in certain situations that I cannot specify for they haven't happened yet. She can die, but she hasn't died yet so I can't tell you exactly what kills her.

[QUOTE="ghoul queen]*winces* what about my character? (' :) )

[/QUOTE]
What about your character.

[QUOTE="ghoul queen]Just wondering if there is anything I should fix..

[/QUOTE]
your character an profile seem to be in nearly flawless conditions. No mistakes worthy of note.

Idea said:
your character an profile seem to be in nearly flawless conditions. No mistakes worthy of note.
Thanks! I had to edit out 'Pinky' though, I forgot about him during Stefanie's introduction.

Kalani said:
@Idea No, she cannot do ridiculous healing things like growing back limbs. And as far as set limits on her powers, healing others and healing herself have the same limits. But I cannot give you a full list of what she can and cannot do limit wise, sorry there are just too many variables that happen inside the RP. Never will she ever be able to do body regeneration or things like that. Like maybe she can just "stitch up" the wound, but remember a weakness of her power is the wound would transfer over to her too. So if she tried to help someone who just lost an arm or something, she too would lose her arm. And so with the energy thing, that too I feel like you are just going to have to trust I can judge based on the conditions that are happening in the RP. I do not want an overpowered character, I love a character with weakness so I am in no way going to make my character seem indestructible or immortal as you like to keep throwing out there. She is not either of those things, she can be wiped out for days when she uses her power in certain situations that I cannot specify for they haven't happened yet. She can die, but she hasn't died yet so I can't tell you exactly what kills her.
"Like maybe she can just "stitch up" the wound"- this seems like a fantastic proposal, one which in pair with the weaknesses you described would solve the problems her ability has.

True enough, I mention the same problems (OP, immortal, indestructible) a whole lot of times, but that`s where most mistakes end up leading to. The issue isn`t the character itself or what it can do: it`s the effect it has on other characters, what they can`t do or are essentially forced to do that is the problem.

Quick question, was i accepted, or am i waiting on the owner of the thread to check my character?

Null said:
Quick question, was i accepted, or am i waiting on the owner of the thread to check my character?
the owner said everyone was approved. I was to provide the feedback on the profiles and once that was dealt with, I`d help keeping an eye on the IC section.

So, yeah, you can go and rp. Especially if I`ve also said you wee good to go.Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back