• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Aviator

"I came here to place a bet."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey, guys, this is just a thread where you can post any ideas you have for the RP, your character's relationships with others, questions or comments you may have, or if you simply just want to chat with your fellow RPers. Please, don't be afraid to put forth any ideas you come up with! Anything and everything are welcome. Just the basic rules:
1) No OOC fighting
2) I don't mind swearing, just don't take it to the extreme
3) Respect each other
4) Be appropriate
5) Have fun!!
:D

Hi!!

K so like for my charrie the way I have her set up is like admin. Whenever a new inmate is incarcerated she is there to help with the evaluation. So thinking thst shine has met all criminals charries if only in passing? Like and she will get involved when 'alternative ' means of subduing an inmate is needed

Does thst work?

Rachel was likely confusing for people due to her Crime report painting her as a Ruthless, Violent and Amoral Warlord...but the they get what seems to be a quiet model prisoner thats FAR younger under the mask than expected. This combined with the fact the exact mechanics of her powers are unknown but the counter measures can't be tested since all the insects seemed to vanish from the prison right before her arrival. Not sure the type of cell they would put her in though.

Ok! Hello there!

I have no idea what to put for my char

Rachel was likely confusing for people due to her Crime report painting her as a Ruthless, Violent and Amoral Warlord...but the they get what seems to be a quiet model prisoner thats FAR younger under the mask than expected. This combined with the fact the exact mechanics of her powers are unknown but the counter measures can't be tested since all the insects seemed to vanish from the prison right before her arrival. Not sure the type of cell they would put her in though.
In the last/au iteration we had these collars that like neutralized all the superpowers. It was like a 1 size fits all thing since we had like normie criminals and rreeeeeeally op criminals. Idk if we gonna have the same thing here.

Aviator Aviator is there the same collar thingies in this rp?

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo That's the convenient solution! So yeah, let's go with it. Sometimes cells will still be customized to inmates' abilities regardless of the collar, like how Ahmi's was.

Would depend on power source wouldn't it? Like Meta genes is most common, but then there are things like spirit/magic connections, natural things or other esoteric sources.

Would seem like containment would be on cade by case basis instead of a catch all no?

For the spiritual and magical connections, I think that's where Shine baby comes in. But yeah that's a good point.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Within reason. I'll let you know if I think your character is OP, but this is a pretty free-form RP. My apologies for the lacking definition, but it's hard to agree on a metric for power when we have characters who are species other than human. What are you thinking of in terms of powers? But my advice would be when creating characters with superpowers, think of a few costs or drawbacks when using them, or scenarios where they're just inapplicable.

For the spiritual and magical connections, I think that's where Shine baby comes in. But yeah that's a good point.

yeah so like the sorta handwavy thingie i had going in the au iterratioin was Shine did eval and this team called ABORT took samples from the inmate and Shine's bff Markie would come up with like an inhibitor collar that could infuse multiple restrictors ala batman developing and making counter tech the next episode lol. We also had magical guards too and a pair called Null and void.

one would literaly null powers and the other could shove you into a pocket dimension tbh i think it was a bit overkill but pretty effective at stopping plot derail lol

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Haha, yeah it is. That's partly because this is an advanced RP with 3+ paragraphs per post. As such, the character sheet was designed to be something of a weed-out for less advanced writers.

Good news, everyone! I (finally) finished my first character sheet, so Cyrus is officially part of the crew now and down to plot! I've also started my second character sheet, my lil android girl, and I anticipate I'll finish her up much sooner, cuz I pretty much know exactly where I'm going with her character. Anyway, as soon as I complete her, I will get working on the first RP post and upload the thread. Hopefully a few more lovelies join us by then, but if not, no worries, we'll work with what we got. Does anyone have a preference of where we start the RP? I'm thinking that the most practical answer is just a day in the life at Belle Reve before the inmates and guards are summoned for a debrief on the alien invasion and the creation of the Suicide Squad. What do y'all think?

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Just a reminder, your characters will need a written appearance and personality section before I can accept them! But I like what I see so far. As for your newest pearl, Prince Adebayo, I was thinking maybe his story could intertwine with Cyrus's? For context, Cyrus was an indentured servant to a noble family in East Africa until the father's death. You catching my drift? And then the son freed Cyrus from his contract, helped him advance through the Kenya navy, and would eventually help cover up a murder that Cyrus committed. Would you be interested in Adebayo filling the role? Feel free to ask questions about their potential relationship! And it's pretty much all explained in the Backstory part of his form too.

Can't reuse my postie for Shine. She not bffs with Nova Red this time around. Vixxi is out there causing havoc in Austin Texas lol. But all goods can do a day in the life.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Haha, yeah it is. That's partly because this is an advanced RP with 3+ paragraphs per post. As such, the character sheet was designed to be something of a weed-out for less advanced writers.

Good news, everyone! I (finally) finished my first character sheet, so Cyrus is officially part of the crew now and down to plot! I've also started my second character sheet, my lil android girl, and I anticipate I'll finish her up much sooner, cuz I pretty much know exactly where I'm going with her character. Anyway, as soon as I complete her, I will get working on the first RP post and upload the thread. Hopefully a few more lovelies join us by then, but if not, no worries, we'll work with what we got. Does anyone have a preference of where we start the RP? I'm thinking that the most practical answer is just a day in the life at Belle Reve before the inmates and guards are summoned for a debrief on the alien invasion and the creation of the Suicide Squad. What do y'all think?

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Just a reminder, your characters will need a written appearance and personality section before I can accept them! But I like what I see so far. As for your newest pearl, Prince Adebayo, I was thinking maybe his story could intertwine with Cyrus's? For context, Cyrus was an indentured servant to a noble family in East Africa until the father's death. You catching my drift? And then the son freed Cyrus from his contract, helped him advance through the Kenya navy, and would eventually help cover up a murder that Cyrus committed. Would you be interested in Adebayo filling the role? Feel free to ask questions about their potential relationship! And it's pretty much all explained in the Backstory part of his form too.
As much as that sounds great, amazing even, (I'm surprised how easily the two synergise considering they were two separate ideas :O) I'm reluctant to say yes to the suggestion. My whole hesitation to join this lies in the fact I know I will struggle to produce 3+ paragraphs every post. I'm normally a two paragraph guy and that can take me hours, days even, to do just that. The thought I will have to produce more than that on a consistent basis is a rather overwhelming prospect. By completing the sheets, as much as I might want to, I am then obligated to participate and I'm not sure if that is a commitment I can make.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain That's completely fair, and I respect your decision if you decide to pass up the RP. However, if you'd like my advice, I'd suggest that you maybe start out with one or two characters and see if you can get a handle on them, because the time commitment increases considerably with each additional character. Also please note that everyone else will be posting 3+ paragraphs too, which means you will have a lot more content to reply to than if they were a few sentences each. Me personally, my posts tend to be like six to eight paragraphs usually, so I promise you won't have a shortage of information to work with. Just make sure you have your reading glasses handy. :closed eyes open smile: Anyway though, the decision is all yours, and I'll wish you well whatever you decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back