• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ▌バキューン !!! ▌ ▌ʙᴀᴋʏᴜ▬ɴ

As of now, even with those not accepted yet, they hadn't hit the cap of max numbers of S's. :U 5 is my cap since I expected a lot of users doubling up on characters and shit. =w= / Once I get more profiles, it should level out.

Laaawd, looking at some of these other Resolve powers for the fifteenth time, Chaeli's feels a little underwhelming.

Though I'm not sure if it's because I decided to be lazy and not fluff up the descriptions, or if legit she needs to get buffed. ;;; u ;;;

Then again, how cool would it be if she were a lower rank and she still kicked ass along the way?

Ooo, I could make that work~

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Suzuki Mine]
Laaawd, looking at some of these other Resolve powers for the fifteenth time, Chaeli's feels a little underwhelming.
Though I'm not sure if it's because I decided to be lazy and not fluff up the descriptions, or if legit she needs to get buffed. ;;; u ;;;

[/QUOTE]
i feel the same like is my girl underpowered or is everyone just hella stronger than her D8

Rissa said:
i feel the same like is my girl underpowered or is everyone just hella stronger than her D8
[/clasps hands in hers]

It's okay! The greatest thing about the human race is that we have the ability to overcome our flaws and weaknesses! We may not be able to do it all ourselves, but there are others out there in which we can both grow and help grow with!

No one has to fight a battle alone! B|

>insert Quiet Resolve gesture

For me, it's a little less of "Can I take the more powerful people in the roleplay?" and more of "Is my character even at the proper power scale for the roleplay, and if so, where do they fall?"

'cause I'm looking at these S-ranks and being like "Good, good, okay, regenerates from just a head, can bring the dead back to life for a grip, is basically a more technical Hulk, okay, I understand this."

And then I look at B-rank Miho, I see the extensive amount of everything she can do, and I just... crumple up my paper with all my notes on the power system and toss it into a fire.

I feel a little dumb asking for this, but could I get some examples of average Resolve powers at the different levels and their capabilities? It might help me grasp things better, and thus tweak Chaeli if need be before she's officially considered. DX

But, keep in mind her weaknesses as well. She has a meter system that keeps her from depleting shit before tapping into her very life force aka soul. And, she isn't a tank either. She could fuck shit up if she's not careful.

With ranking, it's honestly how dangerous they are aka how many people have they fucked up to get that high of a level. They can rise up and drop depending in the anime cliche going on. Like, you have a D-Rank pushed too far and they get a montage to evolve their power of friendship Resolve. And, honestly, Miho's powers are based off of an old thread where you HAD to get that extensive and what not since the thread was all about fighting and what not. She's just your basic negater of chi, but I wanted to make cool battle movesets and shit like fighting characters and have a joke power. As for Chaeli, I like the direction she is going in terms of power. If you plan on having one of those growth moment for her, then it works.

As for average Resolve powers.. that's pretty subjective. The resolve power thang can from a thread where everyone had bat shit insane powers and ridiculousness. It's really how users write their profiles and present them. Though, I can always go back and reread shit and adjust their ranks if you want me to? I don't mind.

For stuff like this (like Mayhem said, it's kinda based on everyone being ridiculous in some way), I find it best to take the craziest thing you can think of, then either work it in a way that it's either dialed back to where you start with a lesser version and progress to the crazy version later or just not used willy-nilly as a result of their personality. For Ryuji, yes he's more or less a "more technical Hulk (I like it!)", but he also has very little interest in the school's politics and thus never uses his power for the sake of one of the gangs, making him a non-factor in most contexts.

He does have a power that can potentially put him up there with the S-Ranks, but it's on a timer and he tends to be more afraid of what he can do to others in that state than what he has already seen it do to himself, which wasn't pretty.

@Suzuki Mine

Aight, so I have PMed some users about changing their ranks and what not just because you did point out that some things don't make sense. =w= / So, yeah! I think I will lower the S-Rank too! SOOOOO... I shall make an announcement real quick about it after this post.

@Chibii @Kingly @Suzuki Mine @x x x swagK1NG @Ryoshosen @Rissa @simj22 @anyoneelseImissed

ANNOUCEMENT

SO... I decided that there will only be 3 S-Ranks STARTING out. AKA the "head" student of each of the three schools. I have already PMed some users to change their rankings and what not. But, I want to say that the rankings WILL change. It happens when you kick a lot of students' asses or you take one fucking fall in the thread. So, if y'all worrying about rankings. Don't. They are meant to change as the thread progresses and what not. And, serious... you can go all out. Go crazy and what not with your powers because the way I have set up fights (in my rules) should prevent douche baggery to occur (as long as they are followed). And, it takes some sense to realize you're not going to go fight a high rank folk right off the bat and win (less you're one of those tropes). This is a thread where you can go nuts with the lamest of dudes, Mary Sues (cuz, it's a fucking anime trope thread they're everywhere), and, even, some obscure robot.

GO CRAZY! As long as you understand this is for the sake of entertainment. =w= /

@mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y

Oh lawd, I didn't think my questions would cause such a shift. o_o

But yes! Something about the line "how many people have they fucked up to get that high of a level" did make things click in my head, like, magically!

I still feel like I could understand it better, but now I feel less like a dumb for not understanding, and understanding it better might just take seeing more profiles roll in.

PROGRESSS!

@Rion Galford

Mm, mm, I see~ I like that kinda thinking~

I do enjoy me some ladder climbing, even if it doesn't involve my character getting to super cray-cray levels. I like dat teamwork kinda thing~

[/takes notes]

@Suzuki Mine

Naw, dude. I like adjusting and changing things up when it's pointed out to me. ..
it's in my rules. I do have things set up to have a general list of who's what and what shit they have. ... I just gotta do it in a bit. xD

EDIT::: Whoops! I forgot to add shit. But, yeah, I definitely would look out for more profiles to roll out. It seems a bit nuts, but the majority of these profiles are veterans of the genre. So, I'd look at them as setting the example of what's common in these threads and what not... like extensive movesets.
xD

WAIT DID YOU SAY OBSCURE ROBOT

[QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y]Aight... let's make a fucking scrub. BU

[/QUOTE]
AW YEAH SCRUBS YO

CLIMB THAT LADDER

And speaking of climbing the ladder, I think I'll slip in one more little sub-power and call Chaeli's profile good. I'm totes excited to watch her try to climb the power ladder, and I don't wanna give her too much more, but this little thing should help her fit in better with the degree of some of the other characters.

I hope.

@Suzuki Mine

Perfect! I'll check it out when it's officially done. Yeah, that's actually was my intention for this thread. Have Miho and then have this little piece of shit C - D rank punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back