News Back to Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cause this is super confusing, will PM rp's be affected? Or still exist once the switch is done? I only RP through PM so just want to clarify

PM's won't be touched. I'm assuming they'll transfer right over like they did last time

Someone might have already asked this. 

I have never used the old way things were ( :(  ) and I noticed being able to use HTML is already gone. As someone who likes have different fonts for different RP's, is there some way I can change my fonts right now? 

So long as what happened last time doesn't happen again xD  I remember some my group and I's RP at the time (still ongoing) got completely destroyed with the BBCodes situation, as well as disorganization of the threads for it.  I just hope it doesn't happen this time xDDD My friend Pen, the creator of said RP took days fixing it and even then it wouldn't fully go back to normal lmao.

Someone might have already asked this. 

I have never used the old way things were ( :(  ) and I noticed being able to use HTML is already gone. As someone who likes have different fonts for different RP's, is there some way I can change my fonts right now? 

There are some fonts available in the buttons at the top of the text box (actually they're in a dropdown).

Will it still be possible to use gifs as profile pictures? I remember that it wasn't before.. cx

These were disallowed for administrative reasons (also because they were contributing to site slowness).  As long as the software supports it, I don't currently see any reason to make people stop now.

Sometimes i have a hard time with typing and getting the colors to stick and other issues so yeah glad were getting a new system

tumblr_mhmmp6X9Cc1rodkw5o2_500.gif

Time to light the beacons and see who may come back to RPN.

Not sure if I will at this point, but I'll just wait and see how this will go.

As long as RTE can be turned off like in the old one (which I am assuming), then I think things will be aight...

... maybe.

The BBCodes that were created for the pre-this RPN would all return right? o: 

If that's the case I'll be fine w/ the update = v =

I shall miss my HTML/CSS but whatever

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kinda relieved that we are going back to BB codes. There have been a lot I've missed from the old coding, and HTML seems a bit too complicated for me. 

There are some fonts available in the buttons at the top of the text box (actually they're in a dropdown).

These were disallowed for administrative reasons (also because they were contributing to site slowness).  As long as the software supports it, I don't currently see any reason to make people stop now.

Never mind, I'm told the software doesn't allow animated avatars.

I just realized. With this, the old tutorials will finally become useful once again.

However, I am a bit nervous. Will this mean our cover photos will be gone? Is everything going to revert back to how it was about half a year ago?

If so, I'm going to miss a lot of functions

Uh... yeah... where did the source button go?

I'm blaming you guys if the glitch where I can't tag anyone happens and I don't have a source button to manually insert the code in.

Not. I would never blame RP Nation

Oh.

I didn't know it was going to end immediately. 

Watever

It wasn't supposed to, it was just another wonky effect of me disabling some stuff in the backend. I was trying to slowly ease disable creation for it as time went by but when the setting was toggled, it also undid it for a ton of users or something.

/shrug

Hey, quick question, when we get the old xForo style back up, will there be the different ratings like "character development" and "spooky", and not only the like button?

It wasn't supposed to, it was just another wonky effect of me disabling some stuff in the backend. I was trying to slowly ease disable creation for it as time went by but when the setting was toggled, it also undid it for a ton of users or something.

/shrug

This is the moment when someone says "Rip" comically

Any idea of when Hosted Projects will start up again?

I was planning on starting a quest in Hosted Projects as soon as I hit the magical 250 posts.  I was going to have multiple threads too (One for the quest.  One for Setting Info.  One for Shorts stories I wrote in the quest setting, etc.)   

If not, would it be possible to start my quest in the Quest Log and then move it to a Hosted project after the transition?  

Otherwise I am quiet happy to have BBCodes.  I used them on other forums all the time.  

The BBCodes that were created for the pre-this RPN would all return right? o: 

If that's the case I'll be fine w/ the update = v =

I shall miss my HTML/CSS but whatever

Curse you Pyo, for you are too talented.  Teach me BBCode-senpai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back